• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kogarashi

Kogarashi

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

So, I have decided to make Critical damage build over Condition damage.
I have a set with power, precision & critical damage. The main problem is survivability. Should I buy Valkyrie accessories (rings, amulet etc) (vitality instead of precision) or go for Berserker (precision instead of vitality). I would like to mention that one of my main daggers has power, critical damage and vitality.

Will I see a good boost of HP if I will wear accessories with vitality or it's not worth?

Edited by Kogarashi, 22 October 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#2 Fade_Guin

Fade_Guin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I am running a pow/crit build in WvW. I also have a condition build. I found that the condition build was more suited for small scale encounters, and the pow/crit excelled at large scale.

I am sitting at around 16.5K health with no toughness, and I'm pretty fragile. You really have to pay attention to your surroundings or you'll die in a blink of an eye. However, damage is excellent, especially with the shortbow in sieges or hitting from behind your lines. My condition build is quite tanky, and I can take the hits (and condition damage, as I have several condition removers) a lot better.

I have found I'm much more of an asset to my team running pow/crit over the condition build in WvW. I can honestly say dropping cluster bombs on enemies on the door or nearby made a difference, whereas I had to run siege, such as carts or ballistas to make a difference. Seeing 5K to 9K cluster bomb hits is quite satisfying too.

To answer your question, if you're going to go glass cannon, if you don't get toughness in decent amounts, vitality isn't going to do much except prolong your life a couple seconds. You just can't take the hits but if you want big numbers, that's the trade off.

My armor is all berserker (4 ruby orbs and 2 beryl orbs), and 3/5 jewelry is berserker, with the other 2 beryl. Bear in mind, you can also choose food to boost health and toughness, to shore up both if you're feeling weak.

If you're going to go glassy, might as well go with a bang!

#3 Kutsus

Kutsus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Posted a lot of info on gear in this thread: http://www.guildwars...ild-discussion/

Also, the secret to doing well with a glass build is not getting hit. I'm not being snarky, you actually do need to learn to stay out of the main group getting AOE'd, avoid hits and punish people who try to pick you off. You'll be a walking ballista with cluster bomb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users