I think that there's a need for some kind of traditional endgame content as we've had in Guild Wars. I love Guild Wars 2 but I'm getting bored with the dungeons and that what arena net is calling the new kind of endgame. I like that they try to go a new way and try out new things, but there is no reason to not implement the traditional kind of endgame like Domain of Anguish, The Underwolrd or The Fissure of Woe in GW1, I dont say that the current endgame is bad, its just not my kind of endgame and there might be a lot of players who think similar.
So, I am talking about a difficult area with multible Quests (probably dynamic events) where you can actually fail and have to restart completely, and something that is actually difficult and tactic depending, because most of the dungeons are just hard if you dont know hot to do it, if you know how it is mostly very easy for example Kholer in AC. I mean no imbalanced 1-Hit-To-everything-uber-leet-boss but an actual challange which requires actual skill and tactic.
But that is not enough, they have to work on the reward system aswell. The current system is a good idea, BUT it takes you away the intention to do the dungeon again once you got your items because you can neither sell the weapons, armor or the dungeon trophys.
There are also no rare items that can come out of the chests that are worth anything.
So what i would change:
1. Implement Elite Areas:
- UW/FoW Reward system with possibilty to Rare drops, for example precursors for legendarys or the other mystic forge exotics that are currently listet at "Mystic Forge/Other Items" at the wiki
- OR: DoA Reward System: Sellable reward gems which you can trade for weapons (but actually sellable and hard to obtain)
- Actually failable (currently if a quest inside a dungeon fails, you actually just repeat it until you do it)
- Need for Skill & Tactic (for example: In GW1 DoA SC you needed a well thought through tactic and the skill to tank/bond, i know it wasnt hard but you needed experience)
- Multible Quests in such areas (currently 4-5 per dungeon -> ~10 per Elite Area)
- Unique weapon Skins dropping from elite areas end chests
2. Dungeon Rewards:
- Reward the reward system should be reworked, I KNOW that the main thought is to show that YOU completed the dungeon with YOUR characters and show that off, but as I mentioned it takes you away the will to do it again when you got your gear
- For example: make dungeon tokens/weapons&armor sellable or give us the possibility to trade it for something sellable, maybe the dungeon specific lodestones? 100 = 1 core 250 = 1 lodestone