• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zakov

Zakov

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

I'm not trying to piss anyone off with this question. I know GW2 isn't a race to max level, but I've been so busy with general life stuff that I am falling behind when it comes to leveling. Almost my entire guild is level 80, and we always RP together whenever we're on. I want to reach level 80 so that I can start having more fun with RP and concentrate on stuff other than what level I am.

I've been playing since the three day headstart (along with BWE), and I'm still only level 36. Leveling also progresses my RP character's story, so hey, that'd be pretty nice too.

So, any tips? I get lost very easily while frantically searching for "hearts" and events, so while I don't mind grinding, I mind it a lot when I'm spending twenty minutes just searching for something to do. I'm a scatterbrain like that.

#2 malfusi0n

malfusi0n

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

imo crafting is fastest if you have the cash, 10 levels in almost an hour. dungeons are good too but take longer. wvw can be ok exp too if you're server isnt losing too bad, or winning by too far.

#3 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

given enough mats/money and a few crafting boosters, you can level from 1 to 80 in less than 6 hours.

#4 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1981 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

While crafting is fastest, that assumes you have a lot of money to burn, which you probably don't if your at level 36 on your first toon.

Some other things to consider:

1) Make sure you explore.  Waypoints, points of interest, viewpoints and skill challenges all give you a handy packet of experience, and fulll zone completion gives another.  There is significant xp here.

2) Get your gathering tools and make sure to hit all nodes you come across.  There is a small amount of xp each time, and it adds up.

3) Hit every DE you see.  You shouldn't have to search for something to do for twenty minutes.  Just head for your next story quest, and whenever you see a DE happening, stop and participate.  Don't use waypoints.  When the story quest has you running back to your home city, make the trip as often as you can stand it.  You'll run into a lot of DE going back and forth, and they are a great source of xp.

4) Make sure to explore all of the main cities.  It takes a while the first time, but if once you know them they go fast, and give a good chunk of experience.  A character getting completion in all six cities will go from level 2 out of the tutorial to level eight or nine.  Not sure what that translates to at later levels.

5) Craft every ten levels or so.  This will give you a few level boost, and goes very quickly once you get the hang of recipe patterns.  You can check out the guides linked in the Droknar's Forge forum for even more efficiency.

#5 Ohhden

Ohhden

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Bets way to level apart from crafting..  is PVE + Food + Events.

Also make sure your in an area thats well about your level. You should be killing mobs 5 levels above you when ever possible.  Also make sure you get good yellow gear every 10 levels - its worth the cash.  Also try wear lkots of gera with magic find.  this will help pay for all those yellows. Sell anything thats Bule,  try to TP greens, but dont hang onto stuff and waste time running to vendors, max out your bags asap.

Also, keep moving around, and eat food with XP bonues. When you move into new areas you often get good xp bonuses..  once these dry up move to someone else. Get all the vistas and POI along the way. Also if you see other people running round jump in on thier kills you get bonuses for that too

Basically keep moving getting way points etc.  If you do this you will level very quickly. ALso if you dont have enough people for an event  use MAP shout and call out to people and also shift click them a waypoint link.... you'll be surprised how qucik everyone turns up to help out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fast, leveling, level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users