• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Xanarot

Xanarot

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

Due to lag in WvW sometimes opponents dont load fast enough. My gues is you got zerged by an army.

At any rate, to answer your question - when you die in PvP you see a screen telling you how much damage you took from a source. Simply click a bit slower and you can see exactly what attack(s) caused the unexpected damage spike.

#32 MrForz

MrForz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostXanarot, on 31 October 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

Due to lag in WvW sometimes opponents dont load fast enough. My gues is you got zerged by an army.

That's probably the best theory, rendering problems can cause quite a mess. Thieves can do massive damage but even a glass canon based character has the time to react and do something. So a defensive warrior...

#33 johnnyutah21

johnnyutah21

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

As a warrior I can beat most thiefs by simply having endure pain as one of my traits.  Whenever a thief tries to gank me I pop endure pain to take their initial burst and after that they have nothing. They typically will re-stealth once they realize they are doing no damage.

For WvW "Endure Pain" is a must to have just for thieves.

#34 Sting

Sting

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

just remember this as a thief....

1. Stealth
2.  Backstab
3. Backstab
4 Backstab
5.  Profit  :D

#35 Wraith of Orr

Wraith of Orr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Basilisk + Skale + Assassin, C&D + Steal, Backstab

add Quickness if you want to stomp before 2 is up without having to stealth again.

This sequence can be done every 45 seconds, or every 36 seconds if you don't mind sacrificing a little burst damage.

Stupid game design is stupid, and anyone who defends it is quite simply stupid too.

Thread for build: http://www.guildwars...backstab-build/

Since ArenaNet and all the faceroll Thieves seem perfectly happy with things the way they are, my only advice is to make a Thief too. Just to be a bastard spec a stealth/evade spec and run around trolling people.

#36 Nilgoow

Nilgoow

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I never knew that warrior was so under-powered.

#37 CaakEE

CaakEE

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostNilgoow, on 07 November 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

I never knew that warrior was so under-powered.

warrior isnt under-powered. ppl build a full power/crit/prec set and think they can do shit.

Im a full PVT warrior and never lost 1v1 or 2v1 vs thief, ty.

#38 trippy_wicked

trippy_wicked

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WvW]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

This is getting wierd...as to be expected -.- Following is written from a wvw point of view...and only that.
I main a thief and an elementalist...both very squishy (full zerks for the lulz + mixed for serious buisness) and while my 14k hp thief CAN hit  like a truck, that rarly happens anymore.
When i see a warrior while roaming i check his eq...looks like full exo? I think twice...is it really worth it? I might not die due to stealth but as long as they are not full glass cannon themselves, chances are it´s an even match at least (and wasted time so to speak...if not for the fun of it).
Why am i writing this? I NEVER did like 80K dmg in 2 seconds and that´s with perfectly timed CnD, BS, Mug combo.
I might be lucky and get quickness to pull of 2 HS in one second (and maybe a lightning proc)...but still this might only work on an afk guy.
And that´s my point exactly: by now most people know what to do and as previously mentioned you gotta think ahead (which is quite easy with a BS thief due to his limited options) et voilá.
I am like 100% sure that if something like the op describes is happening it is your own fault.
But meh...why am I even writing this down.

#39 Lemuux

Lemuux

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

it wasnt a thief! it was a mesmer disguised as a thief that got you with the infinitum blade of death (or sword 2) as ppl call it! it deals over 9000 damage...!!!! :o!!!!!

#40 Wigsplitta

Wigsplitta

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

2 specs I have never lost to a thief, I actually stand around solo acting afk to draw them in.

Double maces or Shield/Axe. And the 30 point Spiked Armor owns the ones that unload everything on you early.

Every other spec in the game for warriors,  thiefs would eat me up. With the above 2, i just laugh at them.

#41 Millimidget

Millimidget

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

You'd have time to laugh at the thief if you were rocking 3600 armor and 21k life.

Or, if you're Asuran, just pop Pain Inverter and watch the thief blow himself up. It's hilarious.

View Posttrippy_wicked, on 07 November 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I am like 100% sure that if something like the op describes is happening it is your own fault.
Even with experience, the burden is still on the thief's target.

Stealth+burst is really just bad PvP design.

Edited by Millimidget, 13 November 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#42 Ca|sifer

Ca|sifer

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

I call b/s or lag on this thread. When you have orb buffs, food buffs, that much toughness and health, a Thief can't kill you that quick. Either this thread is just another b/s thread trying to fuel the anti-Thief movement which really is just a bunch of players who don't watch animations OR you lagged out.

#43 Shamadamun

Shamadamun

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VV]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostSnapalope, on 24 October 2012 - 04:56 AM, said:

WvW orb effects and food get you to 36k.

Funny how people won't take a minute to comprehend and would rather dismiss the OP.

View Postmach1ne, on 23 October 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

Running around in some boring WvW because we got everything atm and no match.

Clearly stated.

#44 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Edit: did not read title correctly

Edited by lmaonade, 13 November 2012 - 05:24 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thief, op, warrior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users