matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

holy nerfs batman

Necromancer
  • Corrupt Boon: This skill now properly removes aegis rather than being blocked by it.
  • Fetid Ground: This downed skill now has a Dark combo field. Its visual effects have been updated to show its actual radius.
  • Life Leech: This downed skill’s damage has been increased by 25%.
  • Spectral Walk: Removing this skill from a skill slot while it’s active will now remove all benefits gained from activating the ability.
  • Spinal Shivers: This skill now properly removes aegis rather than being blocked by it.

Necromancer
Elite
  • Lich Form Transform. Assume the form of a lich for a brief time. Entering this form destroys all minions and removes spectral effects. 30 Skill Points. 180 sec Cooldown. Duration: 30 seconds. : .
  • Plague Transform. Become a virulent cloud and inflict multiple conditions on foes you touch. Entering this form destroys all minions and removes spectral effects. 10 Skill Points. 180 sec Cooldown. Damage: 171.4465. Poisoned(1s): Deals damage every second; heal potency decreased by 33%; stacks duration.. Radius: 240 feet. Duration: 20 seconds.
Profession
  • Death Shroud Assume a spectral form and gain new skills, turning your life force into health. 10 sec Cooldown. Entering this form removes other spectral effects. 10 sec Cooldown

killing all minions when not using flesh golem elites, not to mention non-golem elites removing all spectral effects.  spectral walk one I expected, the elites I did not.

#2 Draegan

Draegan

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

I fail to see the nerf.

#3 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWJ]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

these are all improvements or bug fixes, where's the "spanking"?

#4 Sieghildr

Sieghildr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

As a MM aren't you running Flesh Golem anyway?
I suppose if you're using Bone Minions in a Power Build with Lich form that is a very small nerf, but then you can just explode them beforehand.

The only Spectral skill I saw worth using was Walk before this update, and now it just means you'll have to be careful when you activate it for the Life Force on hit. In other words, don't activate it and then panic use your Elite.

#5 Bloggi

Bloggi

Savant

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

Well there are *some* adjustments there, especially with the removal of spectral effects on entering the elite forms or death shroud. Then again if they didn't do that, I reckon it would be pretty unfair, being able to 'heal' your secondary health bar while in those forms. The non life force gain abilities still apply, so it's not all bad.

#6 Andlát

Andlát

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2679 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Is it just me, or is the range of plague much smaller than it used to be (at least in sPvP, havent checked in PvE).

#7 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWJ]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

It's just you, radius for Plague has been 240 since release.

#8 Brayzz

Brayzz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Life Leech: This downed skill’s damage has been increased by 25%.WOW

Even before the patch, necro had the highest downed state DMG(with power build). The "Fetid Ground" does 4k-5k aoe dmg and can easily kill people and now we are doing 25% more dmg.

Deaths Embrace will be now very strong for power builds. Btw does close to death work in downed state? If yes than overkill :P

#9 Andlát

Andlát

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2679 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Maybe it was bugged before because the white circle around my character now is much much smaller than it used to, and I am 100% sure of that.

#10 Kor

Kor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[DC]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'm speaking from a PvE standpoint with little to no recognition of how these skill changes have affected Necromancer viability in SPvP.

And I'll be brief.

One thing I've continually seen in the development of the Necromancer is the evolution of a class.  I'm not really sure Anet had a clear idea of things when they were implemented, things like Death Shroud and Spectral Skills, our two most Necromancer-esque abilities.  Minions are forever the red-headed stepchildren of this class, I'd also call them a bane but for important points in PvE: they provide other targets for attacking mobs and they also improve overall survivability to those who use/trait for them.  Staff Marks are our strongest AoE besides Wells, both of which prove their extreme usefulness when farming.  Axe, dagger, scepter, focus, warhorn: all have their merits, all have their drawbacks.  I'd also like to point out that while Necromancers may be renowned for our buff-removing skills; we're either dead last or tied with another class like Rangers or something, in buff applications and durations.  And Elites, oh our Elites are so awesome, more health bars!  This goes back to Anet not really foreseeing how all of their small changes can radically effect gameplay.  Ok so sure, Elites are now sequestered as bad as Death Shroud, nothing follows you in with them, no effect once you're out of them.  They don't really help for damage dealing, only another survival mechanism to one of the most survivable classes.  In fact, they should rename that CBS show, 'Necromancers' because those people turn into minions with their gaunt faces and hairy eyeballs by the end of it all, Jeff Probst being the reincarnation of the Lich of course.

tl;dr God Bless America.  Please save the Necromancer from Jeff Probst.

#11 ManMadeGod

ManMadeGod

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

After the recent stealth nerf of Lich Form and Plague.
There is something more than expected
(destroys minions and removes spectral effects) :
Lich Form sometimes doesn’t provide Stability after recent update.
:(

Edited by ManMadeGod, 24 October 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#12 Relair

Relair

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm hoping (blind optimism here) that this is a precurser of them improving minions, to the point where pack of minions+lich would be op, so they're saying either go MM or go power build with lich, or conditions with plague, but no mixing.  Thats the only way I can see this making any sense at all other than just kicking us when we're already down for no reason.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nerf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users