• 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Computer Specs :

Core i7 950 @ 4ghz
GIGABYTE UD3R-X58 Mobo
G.Skill triple channel 6 gigs 1600mhz
Corsair 750 Watt PSU
Diamond HD 7970 Video Card

25 fps? 30 fps? Change the video options from best performance to best appearance and there is literally no fps change whatsoever, it stays the same on the worst settings and the exact same on the highest possible settings imaginable. With vysnc off my video card usage sky rockets to 99% but the fps stays the exact same, So I give up, Can't do anything about it.

Bf3 - 720p everything max including AA vsync off - 130 fps usually, lowest it goes is 50-60 on massive maps with 64 players and insane things going on 24/7, Even then it doesn't heat up past 70ÂșC in my HAF CoolerMaster Case.

#2 Dark_Slayer

Dark_Slayer

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Have you tryed the new Catalyst 12.11 drivers?  

#3 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

• Members
  • 5331 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[TKOT]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

It's an older CPU (a good few years now), and the game is pretty horrible when it comes to CPU optimization (as you can tell from rattling the sliders around, it really doesn't help CPU usage either). I'd expect around 45-60fps in PvE, and around 20-30fps in large fights in PvE and WvW. Since that's what i get with my dual core sandy bridge laptop as minimums at high settings when the GPU isn't limiting it.

Edited by The Comfy Chair, 24 October 2012 - 12:22 PM.

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

#4 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ION]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

What drivers are you running?  Is that your FPS in WvW or PvE?

For reference, you can see that my system, with the same generation CPU and the same GPU, averages 71 FPS on Best Appearance in PvE @ 1080p resolution.

http://www.guildwars...ient-benchmark/

#5 GosuVu

GosuVu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostElder III, on 24 October 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

What drivers are you running?  Is that your FPS in WvW or PvE?

For reference, you can see that my system, with the same generation CPU and the same GPU, averages 71 FPS on Best Appearance in PvE @ 1080p resolution.

http://www.guildwars...ient-benchmark/
Most recent cata drivers, Ya, cpu is in no way shape or form slow, even for it's generation it was top of the line and still beats most sandybridges when at 4ghz(given the sandybridges are still stock), So i have no idea, There is no way I should be getting 25-30 fps regardless, doesn't change in pve or any other mode. I'm getting 25-30fps even at 720p also..... Metro 2033 I get 100 fps in most parts and I've only seen it drop as low as 40, thats with everything maxed, tesselation, 16xaa, everything, direct x11, so i have no idea whats wrong with gw2.

#6 GosuVu

GosuVu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Game still broke, possible to refund?

Edited by GosuVu, 18 January 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#7 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostGosuVu, on 18 January 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

considering that it works better for everyone else i don't think they will refund you... ;)  Try lowering your OC and testing it.  Both GW1 and GW2 have traditionally been more finicky with high overclocks and sometimes will mess up a system that runs fine on other games.  It's worth a shot anyway.

#8 Baldur The Bold

Baldur The Bold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ARM]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

This is another example of bad cpu optimization for this game. As Elder III stated you can try lowering the oc and see how that goes but I think that your system is pretty much on the mark as far as performance goes within this game.
You can also try to use native instead of supersampling if you have that enabled. Reflections and shadows are also killers in this game. GW2 is screaming for a performance patch but Anet seems to think that they have other priorities that trump making the game run smoothly.

#9 Ezendor

Ezendor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'm not sure if this is just me, but I'm getting 60fps in LA by the forge now..  Haven't been in GW2 much since WvW became so so so so so stale months ago, but I was wondering what could have contributed such a big gain in FPS.

Previous rig - i5-760 @ 3.8GHz 40-55fps at LA
Current rig - [email protected] 60fps solid at LA. 76 w/o V-Sync

#10 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Well, and i5 3570k is more powerful than an i5 750...... so that sounds about right to me.  Remember that the 750 is 3-4 years old now. ;)

#11 Ezendor

Ezendor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

View PostElder III, on 19 January 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Well, and i5 3570k is more powerful than an i5 750...... so that sounds about right to me.  Remember that the 750 is 3-4 years old now. ;)

Not by THAT much is it?  During Wintersday I already had this rig but at 4.2GHz and I was getting 30-45fps at LA.  Did a patch go out to improve the performance that much? o.O

#12 I'm Squirrel

I'm Squirrel

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DPS]

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostGosuVu, on 18 January 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Nah, probably not. Refunds were only available during the first couple weeks of release. It's worth a try though.

#13 dannymichel

dannymichel

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I think it's safe to say that GW2 developers need to fix the FPS issue. It doesn't matter how high end your PC is - GW2 will give most about 30fps on average.

#14 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Im using gtx670, ssd and i5-3570k with no overclocking and getting 60+fps 1920x1080 with supersampling all the time pretty much.

I have heard from friends with older cpu's there having problems and also anyone that overclocks ( which is overkill anyway you don't need it for any games ) they were also having issues with gw2, it does not seem to like SLI or overclocking.

GW2 is unpredictable when it comes to specs, I know others with way better computers than mine and there getting 30fps...

Seems random but using older cpu's, dual gpu's or overclocking anything or ambient occlusion seems to really screw up performance with gw2. Also try different drivers, some older drivers work better with gw2 than the newer one's. Again seems random per person lol.

It makes me laugh because the dev's promoted the game for low end pc's and many times stated they tested it on lower end gpu's like the older 8600 gt and how they were aiming for performance on all types on machine's....turned out to be another lie and sales pitch, complete bullshit. Im just glad I bought a new pc anyway and it turned out great for me.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 20 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#15 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3321 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostEon Lilu, on 20 January 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

It makes me laugh because the dev's promoted the game for low end pc's and many times stated they tested it on lower end gpu's like the older 8600 gt and how they were aiming for performance on all types on machine's...
I don't think they ever said you could run it at 'max' on older, lower-end equipment.

Btw - it's "they're having problems; they're getting 30fps" not "there". ;)
(They're is short for "they are" - "there" is a location. :) )

Edited by Quaker, 20 January 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#16 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

View Postdannymichel, on 20 January 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

I think it's safe to say that GW2 developers need to fix the FPS issue. It doesn't matter how high end your PC is - GW2 will give most about 30fps on average.

This is not true, except LA & WvW I'm pretty much consistently at 60fps..

#17 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

It makes me laugh because the dev's promoted the game for low end pc's and many times stated they tested it on lower end gpu's like the older 8600 gt and how they were aiming for performance on all types on machine's

Not once do I mention "max" settings and infact I specifically mention lower end machines and how they were aiming for all type's when it comes to performance. They stated many many times all through out the devolepment process. It turned out that you had very little chance on running the game at any playable level especially in WvW and large events on those types of lower end machines...

Also your post has nothing to do with helping the OP's issue and is off topic which is obviously causing other posts to be made that are also now off topic. Cheers. :P

Edited by The Comfy Chair, 22 January 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#18 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

• Members
  • 5331 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[TKOT]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

If it's any consolation, the game does run fine on a 8600 GT, it's the CPU's that get punched square in the proverbial happy place.

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

#19 typographie

typographie

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1959 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

View Postdannymichel, on 20 January 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

On average? That's not even remotely true. GW2 runs fine on moderately powerful hardware until you get into WvW or comparable combat areas. In PvE I'm usually sitting on 50+ FPS with a 3-year old mid-range machine.

Edited by typographie, 21 January 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#20 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

View Posttypographie, on 21 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

On average? That's not even remotely true. GW2 runs fine on moderately powerful hardware until you get into WvW or comparable combat areas. In PvE I'm usually sitting on 50+ FPS with a 3-year old mid-range machine.

This +100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users