Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Where/How to get superior rune of the mad king recipe?


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Raagnar

Raagnar

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

I'm sure this has been alluded to before but I am curious how to get the recipe. I have what lists as the components according to what I have seen posted everywhere.

200 pieces of candy corn
25 nougat centers
1onyx lodestone
1 orichalcum ingot

The problem I have is those do not combine in the mystic forge for me to get the recipe. As a 400 tailor they also do not combine in a discovery tab for tailoring as the onyx lodestone/orichcalcum ingot don't even show there for me. Maybe Ihave the amounts of said items wrong I'm not sure.

So my question is where and how do you obtain the recipe as nothing I've tried has worked thus far. Thanks for any help in advance.

#2 Victory

Victory

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Work]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostRaagnar, on 24 October 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

I'm sure this has been alluded to before but I am curious how to get the recipe. I have what lists as the components according to what I have seen posted everywhere.

200 pieces of candy corn
25 nougat centers
1onyx lodestone
1 orichalcum ingot

The problem I have is those do not combine in the mystic forge for me to get the recipe. As a 400 tailor they also do not combine in a discovery tab for tailoring as the onyx lodestone/orichcalcum ingot don't even show there for me. Maybe Ihave the amounts of said items wrong I'm not sure.

So my question is where and how do you obtain the recipe as nothing I've tried has worked thus far. Thanks for any help in advance.

try gossamer bolt and an essence, but the forge is where you can obtain recipe's as well as trick or treat bags

Edited by Victory, 24 October 2012 - 09:26 AM.


#3 Greizh

Greizh

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

hi,

250 candy corn + 25 of each others items (skull-fang-nougat)

i obtain recipe for superior rune of the mad king but someone obtain major so its not pretty sure

#4 Raagnar

Raagnar

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Yeah I did the 250 candy corn + 25 fangs, skulls, and nougats. I did it 3 different times so far and only kept getting major sigils of the night reipes.

#5 Eliyahu

Eliyahu

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LaZy]

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostRaagnar, on 24 October 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yeah I did the 250 candy corn + 25 fangs, skulls, and nougats. I did it 3 different times so far and only kept getting major sigils of the night reipes.
Maybe deactivate you weaponsmith/huntsman/artificer?  The recipes seem to take your current profession into account.

In any case, it seems to be a pure gamble.

Edited by Eliyahu, 25 October 2012 - 03:25 AM.


#6 Blackdeathteal

Blackdeathteal

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

I got that recipe via the normal trick or treat bags

#7 AbaCam

AbaCam

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 292 posts
  • Location:Vancouver,Canada
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

I got the recipe through a Personal Trick Or Treat bag.
Cheers

#8 Lilitu Livid

Lilitu Livid

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BURN]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

It seems odd that your recipe in doesn't work Raagnar. I got the major rune recipe out of a T-o-T bag, and the ingredients were the scaled down versions of yours (darksteel ingot, onyx shards, 10 nougats and 100 candy)

#9 Erika

Erika

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostLilitu Livid, on 25 October 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

It seems odd that your recipe in doesn't work Raagnar. I got the major rune recipe out of a T-o-T bag, and the ingredients were the scaled down versions of yours (darksteel ingot, onyx shards, 10 nougats and 100 candy)

His issue is the recipe itself and how to obtain it, not how to craft the rune.

As for the recipe, it does not take into account what kind of craftsman you are. I had weaponsmith/cooking and got a leatherworker rune.

#10 Raagnar

Raagnar

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Yeah my issue was getting the recipe to learn not make the rune itself. I've tried the candy corn + 25 nougat/skull/fangs 6 times so far and gotten all major sigil recipes and not superior runes recipes. I just gave up and purchased one off the trading post lol. But I guess I learned that the recipe is a random proc out of the forge and not a guarantee.

#11 YggdraAshlander

YggdraAshlander

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

By the way, is that rune any good ? The superior mad king one i mean.

#12 Lilitu Livid

Lilitu Livid

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BURN]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Apologies, completely missed pont of thread (too little caffene on board, this am) :P

#13 badra al duun

badra al duun

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostYggdraAshlander, on 25 October 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

By the way, is that rune any good ? The superior mad king one i mean.

It gets you condition duration without having to farm a dungeon for the nightmare runes. v0v

#14 Falkaron

Falkaron

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I found out why your having this problem. When you go on the black lion market, you will notice 3 recipes: superior rune of the mad king. They are all the same with no info, the problem is there is 3 different recipes, 1 for armorsmith, 1 for leatherworker and 1 for tailor. as explained http://wiki.guildwar...of_the_Mad_King
So try those 3 professions, if you dont want to and want to buy the correct one, its trial and error, buy all 3 from the black market, and learn all of them. good luck




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users