• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 niie

niie

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Was wondering if anyone else noticed that there was a decrease in the range of Mesmer Portals? I was in WvW and noticed that I could not actually use my "connected" exit portal at ranges I have been routinely able to in the past.

#2 MazD

MazD

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Well there has always been a limit to the range on which portals worked. I've used the skill quite a lot yesterday and as far as I can tell, it hasn't changed. I haven't tested the maximum range though.

#3 Bottoms_Up

Bottoms_Up

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Max range as far as I have been able to tell is from the centre of the minimap to the edge with the minimap zoomed in all the way. If it got much shorter than that I'd have to wonder what the point is, at least horizontally.

#4 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2710 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

the skill is buggy atm. the skill displays that i can create an exit portal but get an entrance portal instead, making the skill unreliable.

#5 Eyebrows89

Eyebrows89

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

There are a few things that a lot of people might not notice about the portal skill.

1. Once you cast the Entrance portal, you have a 60 second window to cast the Exit portal.
So if you wait more than 60 seconds to cast the Exit portal, you will actually cast another Entrance portal

2. There is a set range on the portals. So if you cast the Entrance portal too far away from the Exit portal, you will not be able to travel through them.
I have noticed that it about within radar range (If I had guess a distance, it would be ~5000).
I only go off of personal "Damn, too far, now I have to walk" moments, and what others have noticed and told me. I dont have any extensive testing.

and 3. They are glamor skills, so they get effected by traits.
For the Blind and Confusion traits, I've noticed it only gets applied if both portals are active.
The Duration trait only applies to when both portals are active, meaning the portals are active for 12 seconds rather than the normal 10 seconds.
The Cool Down trait, it changes the cooldown to 48 seconds, so once you cast the exit portal, you have 48 seconds before you can cast a entrance portal again.
Note: The window to cast the exit portal does not change, and you still have 60 seconds after you cast the Entrance Portal before you have to cast the Exit portal, regardless of traits.

#6 Jentavi

Jentavi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

I've noticed this aswell. Or it feels like it, it could be that it's just because i havn't played mesmer in a while.

#7 funkybudda

funkybudda

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

I guess we will find out on Nov 15 patch, god knows what other nerfs will be coming to us from all the whiners and complainers about the class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users