• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

What is the most popular mesmer build atm for tpvp/spvp?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Saskia the Dragonslayer

Saskia the Dragonslayer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I know that the most used weapon is greatsword but what build is the most popular build, anyone can post the most usefull build for spvp that is proven to be good, such as the warror hundred blades build and the guardian bunker build.

If you can go and make the build and just give me the link that would be great if not well just tell me how many point in wich trait tree.

#2 Pysgasm

Pysgasm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Can't tell if joking or serious...

If you're looking for a copy pasta build go try thief or some similiar class where 90% of your damage comes from one skill. Mesmers have too many viable options and if you can't think for yourself I don't see how handing you a build and saying 'put points here' will help...

#3 Miku Flarestorm

Miku Flarestorm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

^ You're not contributing.
I second the OP, I'm also interested in what is the meta mesmer is using.

#4 Skyro

Skyro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

From what I've seen shatter builds are the most popular in tpvp. I dunno about spvp.

#5 Zeratulz

Zeratulz

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TI]

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostMiku Flarestorm, on 24 October 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

^ You're not contributing.
I second the OP, I'm also interested in what is the meta mesmer is using.

I agree with Pysgasm. This guy is basically asking us to do the research of the class for him and give him a template and info. Let him do the damn research himself. Hell there's a guide on this kind of thing that's STICKED at the top of the forum.

#6 Pysgasm

Pysgasm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Said it before and I'll say it again, mesmer is a reactionary class. Even the shatter builds to an extent. You can't give someone a template for how to play and expect them to be successful. We have a lot of relevant traits and weapons that allow us to tailor our builds to individual play styles and still be successful. More so than any other class in this game. Experience is the only thing that will make you better at this class. That's why this mesmer forum isn't overwhelmed with 'omg play this leet build and dominate' threads.

#7 BLaCKwaRRioR37

BLaCKwaRRioR37

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

well i did played both shatter and phamtasm build and it depend on your playstyle

if u like to boom burst massive number 1 shot 1 target then go for glass canon shatter

if u like to let your clone to kill while u kite around then phamtasm it is

there is also the "shamtasm" build , mix of shatter and phamtasm , personally i choose this for tpvp coz it provide good burst and good team support ( u have to be quite skilled with the mesmer to use this build)

u can easily google/youtube or search the forum here to get these build

well i told u my opinion its up to u to decide, i seen all diff build and playstyle and its u who decide it, there isnt a 1 build to rule them all thing >.> it depend on u and only u !

#8 Champen

Champen

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WoTU]

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

People dont use greatsword but staff and sword with either pistol or sword. And as allready mentioned phantasm build or shatter build. I prefeer shatter build myself.

#9 Saskia the Dragonslayer

Saskia the Dragonslayer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostChampen, on 25 October 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

People dont use greatsword but staff and sword with either pistol or sword. And as allready mentioned phantasm build or shatter build. I prefeer shatter build myself.

Yup after testing for few hrs using the shater build the difference between dmg from greatsword(trait for more power and recharge rate) and the staff was 1-2 sec, so i decided to go with staff since it adds tons of utility and also conditions.

Also i couldnt find this "shamtasm" build.

So between the shatter or phatasam build i assume shatter works better since most people use that?

Edited by Saskia the Dragonslayer, 25 October 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#10 Tavern

Tavern

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Guild Tag:[OC]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Phantasm build used to be very stronk, I haven't played it a while, so dunno if they nerfed it.

Basically you'll have warlocks doing 6k damage crits. Just try to figure how you maximize phantasm damage yourself.

Edited by Tavern, 25 October 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#11 Saskia the Dragonslayer

Saskia the Dragonslayer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostTavern, on 25 October 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Phantasm build used to be very stronk, I haven't played it a while, so dunno if they nerfed it.

Basically you'll have warlocks doing 6k damage crits. Just try to figure how you maximize phantasm damage yourself.

And the weapons and runes that are used for that build?

#12 Tavern

Tavern

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Guild Tag:[OC]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostSaskia the Dragonslayer, on 25 October 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

And the weapons and runes that are used for that build?

staff + sword/sword.

Cant remember what runes, but 1 of da power ones

#13 Verraxe

Verraxe

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Look up Taugrim's blog and look at his "Legion" guide.

#14 heCy

heCy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Shatter builds are the most common, there are still couple phantasm builds out there, but not as succesfull as the shatter build. Some strong defensive phantasm builds with perma regen/prot. Condition builds are fun to mess around with.

Shatter builds are usually tweaked to personal pref.

http://gw2skills.net...JLSOkkIt YAxsCA

is common. Timewarp can be changed out for mass invis for stomp/res or moa if you are an offensive/defensive capper. Portal is pretty much a must. you can swap out decoy for nullfield if you have troubles with condi classes.

#15 omar316

omar316

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BRG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

View PostBLaCKwaRRioR37, on 25 October 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

well i did played both shatter and phamtasm build and it depend on your playstyle

if u like to boom burst massive number 1 shot 1 target then go for glass canon shatter

if u like to let your clone to kill while u kite around then phamtasm it is

there is also the "shamtasm" build , mix of shatter and phamtasm , personally i choose this for tpvp coz it provide good burst and good team support ( u have to be quite skilled with the mesmer to use this build)

u can easily google/youtube or search the forum here to get these build

well i told u my opinion its up to u to decide, i seen all diff build and playstyle and its u who decide it, there isnt a 1 build to rule them all thing >.> it depend on u and only u !

Lol. Not really. I created a Mesmer for the hell of it and completely owned 2 free tournaments. In fact I was having so much fun 2v1ing and 3v1ing, I was completely disgusted at the ease of play style of the Mesmer.

1v1 its almost impossible to kill a Mesmer. Melees have it worse. Thieves still give me problems due to the stealth factor, but those are tournament thieves.

I simply don't get how a pure Melee Warrior/Guardian can best a Mesmer. The 2 on the staff itself is ridiculous.

Edited by omar316, 29 October 2012 - 04:46 AM.

#16 Plasticblanket

Plasticblanket

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostheCy, on 28 October 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Shatter builds are the most common, there are still couple phantasm builds out there, but not as succesfull as the shatter build. Some strong defensive phantasm builds with perma regen/prot. Condition builds are fun to mess around with.

Shatter builds are usually tweaked to personal pref.

http://gw2skills.net...JLSOkkIt YAxsCA

is common. Timewarp can be changed out for mass invis for stomp/res or moa if you are an offensive/defensive capper. Portal is pretty much a must. you can swap out decoy for nullfield if you have troubles with condi classes.

This, most play shatter, however as previously mentioned, almost every single mes will give their own twist to it.

My advice google "gw2 mesmer shatter build" take the foundation of that and build upon it till it fits you.

#17 The_Prestiege

The_Prestiege

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Res]

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

I'm not one for going with cookie cutter builds. At the moment I run a shatter GS & Sword/Torch build to take advantage of combo fields for the double blast. Mesmer is the type of profession that really benefits being flexible & mixing up your build & utilities from fight to fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users