• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Prismatic Zach

Prismatic Zach

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

It took 25 keys, but I unlocked a Ghastly Grinning Shield, and I would LOVE to use it on something eventually.

=======================

Here's my situation.

I currently rock a Sylvari tier 3 cultural Guardian, and the shield just doesn't flow with it's style.

I've seen some things about Pistol/Shield Engineer, and I've seen things about Main Hand/Shield Warriors throughout these forums.

=======================

My questions.

1. Which one of those builds would be better suited for dungeon runs?

2. If Main Hand/Shield Warrior is what you recommend, which Main Hand weapon(s) should I look into?

3. Which profession, Warrior or Engineer, have you had more successful dungeons experiences with?

4. Which profession, Warrior or Engineer, has the most potential to bring more to the average dungeon run?

=======================

I'm a very solid PvE player and understand the combat mechanics of Guild Wars 2.
Level 80 Trait options would be very much appreciated.

#2 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

One thing I can put out is that as an engineer you will spend a lot of time with kits rather than you shield out, so you will lose its awesomeness during that time.

Sword/Shield warrior are usually quite good for dungeons as are Axe/Shields.

#3 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

The engineer's shield skills are wonderful, but you use kits so you'll rarely have it.

If you go warrior in PvE, go Axe/Shield and stack into raw damage + crits; or go Sword/Shield and stack into condition damage and duration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users