#421 jimmie51

jimmie51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GLH]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I hate to see the negative posts but I understand why they are made.  Personally I am still loving the game as much now if not more as I did the night of early release.  I will say that a few years back (in my hardcore DAoC days) this game would not have had the draw it does for me today and that is simply because I am not a hardcore gamer like I used to be.  I work a lot more now and have kids and basically a life lol.  That was not a shot at hardcore gamers, just a shot at my own addiction back in the day.

I really like the set up GW2 uses and the story lines in an MMO are fantastic.  Sure single player games have a better story lines but for MMO's I really think GW2 nailed it.  I would like to see some changes in Wv3 and I like how Anet has already started bringing in changes to the PvE side.  I am excited to see the changes in lost shores or what ever it's called.

Bottom line on longevity in my opinion is the younger gamers will not stick around but as some one already said I think the days of only playing one MMO are gone for that croud.  I only play GW2 right now and being F2P is great.  But a lot of my younger friends play 2-3 MMO's at a time.  I will not make the MMO ADD comments I have heard in the past because I feel that is crap.  I just think that the hardcore gamers can blast through content so much faster than it can be created.  When you try to make a game for casuals AND hardcore gamers you will either leave people in the dust by putting out content to fast or lose the hardcore players because it isn't fast enough.

So in short I think GW2 will be just fine.  It's free to play so when you don't want to play it you are not paying for a subscription when you have blasted through all the content.  The more casual gamer like myself can take our time through the game and get into all aspects of what is given to us.  The hardcore players will come back when new content is added and as the changes to Spvp and Wv3 are made.

I personally and the rest of my guild feel we will be playing GW2 for a long time to come.  But again we are casual gamers.  When I say casual I do not mean we don't play often.  We pretty much play 5 out of 7 days a week.  We just don't plow through content.  We finish every zone and we don't join the zone zerg to accomplish completion, we do it in single groups.  We are also into crafting and a lot of the other aspects of the game.  For me personally doing everything in the game is what is keeps me coming back.  When I am bored with one thing I move on to another and back as my mood at the time changes.  I think the "instant gratification" of todays games and gamers has changed the way MMO's function.  Back in DAoC if you wanted action you made it, in todays games you click a hot join button and bam your in the action.  I see why this is appealing but I think it is contradictory of what an MMO is.  That is for a whole other post though :)

Sorry for the wall of text  :D

#422 Maconi

Maconi

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

I don't think anyone can complain about their $60 being wasted. The game is worth that much no doubt (D3 is the only game I'll ever regret buying).

The only thing people can complain about is the longevity of the game (hence this thread) as there isn't much to keep you playing GW2 (which is probably what they're trying to fix with the Ascended armor).

#423 RabidusIncendia

RabidusIncendia

Seraph Guardian

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1953 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostRickter, on 12 November 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

what did you say?  i barely scratched the surface?  meaning, there is so much content in the game that nearly half a month of playtime is "barely scratching the surface"?

i mean, there are people in this very thread claiming that GW2 has less than a month of content, yet you are telling me that in almost half a month, ive "barely scratched the surface".

lol, you people.

Welcome to mmos.  I would think they should last a few months, especially since many last decades and GW1 lasted 7 years (at worst, you could say it played well for 2 years).  Play even a month and you'll see why this probably won't.  Until then, I don't see why you would even have clue as to what people are talking about when it comes to how they perceive GW2 will have any longevity.

View PostMaconi, on 12 November 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

I don't think anyone can complain about their $60 being wasted. The game is worth that much no doubt (D3 is the only game I'll ever regret buying).

The only thing people can complain about is the longevity of the game (hence this thread) as there isn't much to keep you playing GW2 (which is probably what they're trying to fix with the Ascended armor).

Yeah I'm not complaining about the 60 bucks.  It was worth around that much.

Edited by RabidusIncendia, 12 November 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Fun while it lasted.  I guess.

#424 Killad

Killad

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostBovinityCow, on 12 November 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Oh gawd. Even the "fixed" version of Zhaitain was a disappointment. How are we even supposed to believe that the Elder Dragons are even a credible threat if we can just fly a ship like that over and blast him in half with that laser? Lets just fix it up and go cut Jormag in half while we're at it.

Plot-wise, that was an absolutely awful end to a villian with an already-awful introduction and build-up. Wanna see a dragon actually act like a threat and actually seem frightening? Go watch the new FFXIV trailer, heh.

Elder Dragons are godlike beings. So if you were to fight one he would just obliterate you even if you were to bring your most imba Epxi0rr rox0r group with th3 imba epiz and the mad skillz (or you become a Demigod yourself like in Baldurs Gate 2). Thats kind of the reason why he got weakend like in 15 different quests before. What you fought was basically his husk.

These fights are always going to be huge letdowns or at least have been. Because either the being is so ovperowered that it kills all of you with 1 Hit or the fight is going to be a letdown.

Edited by Killad, 12 November 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#425 sevalaricgirl

sevalaricgirl

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TBC]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I don't agree that there isn't much to keep you playing unless you are stuck on one character and don't do alts.  Each class plays differently.  I have 5 characters.

#426 blindude

blindude

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1142 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

plenty oif longeviy incoming guys!!!!
Oh wait you power junkies have already moved on to wow...

#427 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Myth]

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

i just asked a nice fellow(complete stranger) who is in the game right now, not on here complaining but actually playing the game, about this topic and he says that the endgame is there but since its not like the template wow has poisoned your mind's with, people are refusing to see it.

he says there are:

- 9 raid bosses, first of which you fight at lvl 50 - he also states they are open world bosses

- Explorable Dungeons - 8 dungeons with 3 paths each and 1 story mode each

-sPVP - which is the main lure of this game for a majority of people

-WvW - which is a casual pvp experience with plenty of pve elements for guilds and others to cooperate in.

-the 16th of november we are getting a new zone and a new dungeon

-the only grind is for legendaries, but if you dont like grinding, you can get exotics with the same stats.

idk about you, but thats a lot of content. *Arnold voice* "STOP WHINING!"

Edited by Rickter, 12 November 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#428 Knuckledust13

Knuckledust13

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 470 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostRickter, on 12 November 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

- 9 raid bosses, first of which you fight at lvl 50 - he also states they are open world bosses

- Explorable Dungeons - 8 dungeons with 3 paths each and 1 story mode each

-sPVP - which is the main lure of this game for a majority of people

-WvW - which is a casual pvp experience with plenty of pve elements for guilds and others to cooperate in.

-the 16th of november we are getting a new zone and a new dungeon

-the only grind is for legendaries, but if you dont like grinding, you can get exotics with the same stats.

idk about you, but thats a lot of content. *Arnold voice* "STOP WHINING!"

- There are no raids, every open world boss is a huge zerg which requires no skill whatsoever other than "tag as fast as you can" (except for the fire elemental)

- You can do dungeons starting on level 30, this is hardly considered endgame

- You can pvp right after creating a character, this is hardly considered endgame

- You can join the wvw zerg right after creating a character, this is hardly considered endgame

- the 16th of november didn't arrived yet and you don't know its content

- you don't have to grind for legendaries the same way you dont have to grind for gear in WoW, but it is the motivation to keep players. Trading gear grind for fluff grind, what the hell is the difference? I'd say the grind on GW2 is even worse.

Seriously dude, you try TOO HARD to prove others are wrong when they obviously aren't. If GW2 is your wonder game, by all means, stop white-knighting for ArenaNet, log in and play.

Edited by Knuckledust13, 12 November 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#429 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostKnuckledust13, on 12 November 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

- There are no raids, every open world boss is a huge zerg which requires no skill whatsoever other than "tag as fast as you can" (except for the fire elemental)

- You can do dungeons starting on level 30, this is hardly considered endgame

- You can pvp right after creating a character, this is hardly considered endgame

- You can join the wvw zerg right after creating a character, this is hardly considered endgame

- the 16th of november didn't arrived yet and you don't know its content

- you don't have to grind for legendaries the same way you dont have to grind for gear in WoW, but it is the motivation to keep players. Trading gear grind for fluff grind, what the hell is the difference? I'd say the grind on GW2 is even worse.

Seriously dude, you try TOO HARD to prove others are wrong when they obviously aren't. If GW2 is your wonder game, by all means, stop white-knighting for ArenaNet, log in and play.

and if its not your wonder game, stop deteriorating this community and play something else.

#430 Perm Shadow Form

Perm Shadow Form

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Some players have invested way too much time in GW1, supported Arena Net for half a decade.
" To say - F___ it all I quit! "  ?
  Don't know about you. I won't.

#431 Bjohrno

Bjohrno

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Rage]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostRickter, on 12 November 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

and if its not your wonder game, stop deteriorating this community and play something else.

The rule in marketing is that if someone has a bad experience, they'll share it with 21 people. If they have a good experience, they'll share it with 3. We are wired to be negative and pessimistic. It's pathetic, but it's also human nature. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. People put too much stock in getting happiness in a game. This is the result. I personally enjoy the game. It hasn't changed my life for either good or bad. It's fun to play. I see there being a lot left to do, even having hit 80 just this morning. Guess it depends on the person.

#432 MFGrady

MFGrady

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostLarsen, on 12 November 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

A completely preposterous notion that only exposes your fear and hatred of WoW. You're projecting that into everything, which is why every criticism of GW2 looks to you like someone demanding that the game be more like WoW. There's little sense in trying to talk to you at all if you seriously think that the concept of endgame is monopolized by WoW or that any mention of endgame is a reference to WoW. Your claims are the definition of a strawman argument: inventing something you can argue against in order to be "right." In reality, people are simply complaining that there aren't enough things to do that feel compelling or rewarding once leveling is done. I think it's very hard to dispute this since you can take one glance at the game and conclude that the only long-term activities besides leveling are of purely cosmetic nature (and are also rather few). This doesn't suit the MMORPG genre which is built around the notion of long-term goals and the development of character assets. It's like making a shooter with only one gun or a racing game with a speed limit of 50 mph.

In the sense, MMO "End Game" IS monopolized by WoW because players who want "End Game" can't seem to bring to the table any new ideas other than what appears in WoW or, to make you feel better, "a game which has artificially extended content by use of gated, tiered content and RNG dependency."

Guess what. Guild Wars 2 didn't re-define MMOs. Their innovations came from changes to an existing idea. As much as people go gaga over Apple products, I don't own one and never will. For every person who hates GW2 and where it is going, there is another person who loves it.

Fear and Hatred of WoW? WHOA there bud. I think you're confusing fear and hatred with "not making a carbon copy of an existing game that people can easily play." I played WoW, I raided in WoW, I played FFXI. Perhaps it would make sense that
I would want the next MMO I play to not be a carbon copy of the last game I played?

I understand that you all aren't asking for a new WoW, but you aren't giving any ideas for "longevity" that can't be easily solved by just playing WoW.

#433 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostMFGrady, on 12 November 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

I understand that you all aren't asking for a new WoW, but you aren't giving any ideas for "longevity" that can't be easily solved by just playing WoW.

this.

you see people? we know you arent asking for a wow clone, but all of your "suggestions" are things that WoW already does.  its why we say, "go play wow" and "you just want another wow".

come up with something feasible that GW2 can do that wow doesnt and we'll stop telling you to just go play wow.

sound fair?

#434 el hefe

el hefe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1167 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostRickter, on 13 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

this.

you see people? we know you arent asking for a wow clone, but all of your "suggestions" are things that WoW already does.  its why we say, "go play wow" and "you just want another wow".

come up with something feasible that GW2 can do that wow doesnt and we'll stop telling you to just go play wow.

sound fair?

make the content actually fun to do.  i havent played wow since wrath but,  i didnt play because i found the gear grind fun.  belive it or not wow had a lot of fun things to do.  it's too bad they tacked a vertical gear progession on to it.

so  what gw2 can do that wow doesnt do is creat fun content without the need for vertical gear progression.  right now all 3 aspects of the game are kind of a mess.  most dungeons mechanics are boring and uninspired.  bosses with too much hp to create an artificial feeling of difficulty.  trash mobs that can one shot you unless you dodge.  spvp with one game mode that quickly becomes a join the zerg or die.  wvw that lacks things to do other than join the zerg.  pve that is either farm or repeat de's.

gw2 and wow have basically the same endgame.  pve,  dungeons,  pvp.  but gw2 need to rethink their idea of fun.

and before "you won't be missed"  i havent played in a month.

#435 Xellial

Xellial

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CWG]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostRickter, on 13 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

this.

sound fair?

You have no idea how ridiculous you look by posting this. Let's all play WoW over GW2, because, you know, you can kill stuff... and pick up items and...

Cough. You people miss the fine line between original and well-executed. Nobody thinks GW2 is 100% Unqiue, new, and innovative... It's just executed well in most aspects.

Edited by Xellial, 13 November 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#436 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostXellial, on 13 November 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

You have no idea how ridiculous you look by posting this. Let's all play WoW over GW2, because, you know, you can kill stuff... and pick up items and...

Cough. You people miss the fine line between original and well-executed. Nobody thinks GW2 is 100% Unqiue, new, and innovative... It's just executed well in most aspects.

i look ridiculous?  how about the people that dont even play GW2 anymore yet still post on the (for all intents and purposes) official forums?

i think a lot of people would agree thats more ridiculous.

#437 Xellial

Xellial

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CWG]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

View PostRickter, on 13 November 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

i look ridiculous?  how about the people that dont even play GW2 anymore yet still post on the (for all intents and purposes) official forums?

i think a lot of people would agree thats more ridiculous.

Oh, they're ridiculous as well, don't get me wrong :P

#438 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

this thread is ridculous.  there is plenty of content, i mentioned it above.  but of course, haters are gonna hate, someone said, that the dungeons start at level 30 so thats not endgame, the raid bosses are world bosses blah blah blah.

well what that person failed to see, is that GW2 is unique in the sense that your level scales to the content.  so what if you are running a level 30 dungeon?  you'll be running it as a level 30.  the armor is just for show anyway.

same goes for the "world" bosses.

there are a lot of stuff to do in this game, you just have to accept it.

this whole thread could die, if people could just accept GW2 for what it is.  there were no promises, some guy posted that manifesto video, LOL myself and someone else pointed out there were NO promises in that video other than art and combat, which gw2 delivered on.

meh, its w/e this helps me get my post count up so yeah we can keep going.  but seriously, its like this past election, the elections are over Obama is president, accept it (this isnt directed toward anyone here, just people i know in real life) - GW2 is here, its launched, accept it.

#439 PrinceRurik

PrinceRurik

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

View PostBovinityCow, on 12 November 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Oh gawd. Even the "fixed" version of Zhaitain was a disappointment. How are we even supposed to believe that the Elder Dragons are even a credible threat if we can just fly a ship like that over and blast him in half with that laser? Lets just fix it up and go cut Jormag in half while we're at it.

Plot-wise, that was an absolutely awful end to a villian with an already-awful introduction and build-up. Wanna see a dragon actually act like a threat and actually seem frightening? Go watch the new FFXIV trailer, heh.

As long as there's only 1 big dissapointment Boss then that's okay. If the other Elder Dragons are just as underwhelming... That would be a problem.

Still, I think the real issue that is that they made him a Story Boss when he should have been an Explorable Boss. They had to make him a bit easy since it was a Story Dungeon.

#440 ogrejd

ogrejd

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1054 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MOoN]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

https://www.guildwar...-ascended-gear/

Welp, looks like the gear treadmill to try and give the game longevity is official (though, frankly, it'll reduce longevity for many, especially latecomers, who see so many people far ahead of them on the power curve that it becomes a case of "Why bother playing? I'll never catch up").

#441 Leger

Leger

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostxLOKIx0830, on 11 November 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Care to explain? Just saying you don't agree hardly contributes to the discussion.

Certain forms of CC are a joke and last way too long. There's no way to coordinate with anyone because almost everyone is button mashing as soon as an enemy is in range. So outside of 5v5 tournaments with 5 people on VOIP, there is no skill/strategy and even in 5v5 tournaments, the amount of skill isn't great.
The PvP is not even close to being balanced, there have been pretty big nerfs to skills/mechanics on certain professions because they were OP and there are still many more problems with professions, skills, weapon skills.

Capture points maps are more boring than GvG maps, most of the HA maps and even RA/TA maps to some extent

No observer mode, no really obvious visual ladder and rankings like GW1 means no longevity regardless of how good or bad you think the actual PvP is.

If there was one thing that kept me in GW1 it was the PvP (and there was ALWAYS balance problems with it). GW2 doesn't have that same level of exciting, fun, skill/team based PvP. Hell even the high-end PvE stuff isn't that great and I've basically stopped playing it after getting 100% on one of my characters.

I know some of you like this game and will defend it but that's my take. I stuck by ArenaNet, GW1 into GW2 because I believed the picture they were trying to paint. Well, I was wrong the game is a huge disappointment for me. Edit: It plays like a single player $60 game and it's $60 so I don't feel cheated of money. Just disappointed after what I thought was the success of GW1.

People can hate on the WoW comparisons, the standard MMO comparisons but aside from a newer combat system that almost all next-gen big budget MMOs will almost certainly implement in some form or another (and existed in other games before GW2 launch/betas)... what exactly is so special about GW2, what did it 'revolutionize'?

Edited by Leger, 13 November 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#442 xLOKIx0830

xLOKIx0830

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EPIC]

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostLeger, on 13 November 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

1) Certain forms of CC are a joke and last way too long.

2) There's no way to coordinate with anyone because almost everyone is button mashing as soon as an enemy is in range. So outside of 5v5 tournaments with 5 people on VOIP, there is no skill/strategy and even in 5v5 tournaments, the amount of skill isn't great.

3) The PvP is not even close to being balanced, there have been pretty big nerfs to skills/mechanics on certain professions because they were OP and there are still many more problems with professions, skills, weapon skills.

4) Capture points maps are more boring than GvG maps, most of the HA maps and even RA/TA maps to some extent

5) No observer mode, no really obvious visual ladder and rankings like GW1 means no longevity regardless of how good or bad you think the actual PvP is.

1) The longest form of CC I've seen is a 2 second stun. How is that too long, especially when compared to other games? Besides, any form of CC can be broken with a stun breaker. I've found that most people who complain about how op bulls rush -> frenzy -> hundred blades is, or other like combos, are people who don't even try to dodge it or bring tools to defend against it. Funny how that works, huh?

2) So what, you expect to be able to pull off amazing combos and have pin point coordination with every pug you play with? Coordination isn't based off the combat system, it's based off the players. People who do use voip and play together tend to learn the other person and will, naturally, start to pull of crazy combos and have good coordination WITHOUT voip. Coordination takes practice, and is something I have experienced with my friends and guild in this game already.

3) what you talking about? In every game there will be characters with aspects slightly better than aspects of another character. That just happens when you have different playstyles and parameters. The only true way to ensure complete balance is to have everyone play the exact same character.

What matters is if the combat system allows for skill to compensate for any class imbalances, and in this game, it does. No matter what profession you play, if you are better than the other player, you will win. This is because you can dodge and block any move the opponent uses, and so skill becomes how well you can play your class and how well you can read your opponent.

This is justified by the fact that there is no "best" team composition. Any team comp can best any other team comp, it just depends on which team is better, both in skill and in coordination.

4) Completely subjective. I find conquest a lot more appealing than RA or HA because there's more room for coordination and strategy. It's more than just killing your opponents, which means there's a lot more viable concepts instead of who to spike first.

5) This is the only point I agree on, which is why I stated in my original post that when anet includes these features, PvP will have a bright future.

Edited by xLOKIx0830, 13 November 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#443 MFGrady

MFGrady

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

View Postel hefe, on 13 November 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

and before "you won't be missed"  i havent played in a month.

Yet you are still here, complaining about a game that even you have decided is not for you.

Instead of trying to make Guild Wars 2 the game its not, how about finding a game that is already like what you want, or is promising to be? Because many of us are fine with the game just as it is.

#444 el hefe

el hefe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1167 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostMFGrady, on 13 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yet you are still here, complaining about a game that even you have decided is not for you.

Instead of trying to make Guild Wars 2 the game its not, how about finding a game that is already like what you want, or is promising to be? Because many of us are fine with the game just as it is.

rofl.  first you ask me for ideas to make the game better.  then i do and you tell me not to.  criticism and complaints are 2 different things.   and instead of 'you won't be missed'  you throw the other line out.  'go play something else'.   if you're fine with the game why are you asking people for suggestions in the first place?

#445 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postel hefe, on 13 November 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

rofl.  first you ask me for ideas to make the game better.  then i do and you tell me not to.  criticism and complaints are 2 different things.   and instead of 'you won't be missed'  you throw the other line out.  'go play something else'.   if you're fine with the game why are you asking people for suggestions in the first place?

The mere fact you are still here validate his point. If you are not interested in the game, move on. I am not interested in aion or tera after playing it and yet I don't go there and read the threads. The only people still here that hate the game are people that have a personal grudge which in some way is pathetic.

You figured out that the game isn't for you, time to move on. Even if he asked for you opinion if you were not busy homing around the forum of a game YOU hate, you would not have seen it.

#446 el hefe

el hefe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1167 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostSpecialz, on 13 November 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

The mere fact you are still here validate his point. If you are not interested in the game, move on. I am not interested in aion or tera after playing it and yet I don't go there and read the threads. The only people still here that hate the game are people that have a personal grudge which in some way is pathetic.

You figured out that the game isn't for you, time to move on. Even if he asked for you opinion if you were not busy homing around the forum of a game YOU hate, you would not have seen it.

when did i say i hated the game?  now your just putting words in my mouth.  im interested in the game.  obviously.   or i wouldn't  be here.  there some aspects of it that i think could be better.  the thread is about longevity.  i find it interesting to read what people think or dont think add to game im interested in's longevity. suggesting that i havve a personal grudge or that i hate something  is appaling to me.  so please dont tell me what i do or dont hate. it's a causal b2p game. play it when you want put it down when you dont. just because i havent listened to my thriller album in over a month doesnt mean i hate it.  just because gw2 didnt provide me a long term mmo experience doesnt mean i hate it.  i'll play when i feel like it.  doesnt mena im not interested in the changes they bring to the game.

Edited by el hefe, 13 November 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#447 DuskWolf

DuskWolf

Seraph Guardian

• Banned
  • 1876 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Welp, they've now added gear progression to the end of ghe game. This isn't wow at all, is it? :| To be honest, I'm glad I got out when I did to avoid the crushing disappointment of it all. I saw this coming over the horizon, every bait & switch they do brings GW2 one step backwards, one step closer to WoW. And that's absolutely fantastic for the WoW fans, but for somenoe like me who was genuinely hoping for something different? Well... this game isn't for me.

When the rest of you come to your senses, there are other interesting looking games out there. Champions Online, right now, is closer to what they promised in the manifesto, Neverwinter and Marvel Heroes are on the way, and I'm looking forward to those more than I have any hope for GW2 right now. I'm just going to say... I called it. I wonder what it'll be next, eh? You guys have fun with that.

#448 Solid_Gold

Solid_Gold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

@DuskWolf, look me up in Neverwinter.

#449 MFGrady

MFGrady

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostDuskWolf, on 13 November 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Welp, they've now added gear progression to the end of ghe game. This isn't wow at all, is it? :| To be honest, I'm glad I got out when I did to avoid the crushing disappointment of it all. I saw this coming over the horizon, every bait & switch they do brings GW2 one step backwards, one step closer to WoW. And that's absolutely fantastic for the WoW fans, but for somenoe like me who was genuinely hoping for something different? Well... this game isn't for me.

When the rest of you come to your senses, there are other interesting looking games out there. Champions Online, right now, is closer to what they promised in the manifesto, Neverwinter and Marvel Heroes are on the way, and I'm looking forward to those more than I have any hope for GW2 right now. I'm just going to say... I called it. I wonder what it'll be next, eh? You guys have fun with that.

I was in Alpha and in Beta, and CO is NOTHING like what it was in the manifesto. CO was the biggest Bait and Switch I have ever seen, and it slowly gets worse and worse as it gets more and more cash shop dependent. To each their own however. CO isn't that bad of a game, I'll go Gold every now and then to see what has changed, but it's nothing like Cryptic promised and they took out many of the features that were in beta/launch. Like their awesome crafting system.

#450 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostMFGrady, on 13 November 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

I was in Alpha and in Beta, and CO is NOTHING like what it was in the manifesto. CO was the biggest Bait and Switch I have ever seen, and it slowly gets worse and worse as it gets more and more cash shop dependent. To each their own however. CO isn't that bad of a game, I'll go Gold every now and then to see what has changed, but it's nothing like Cryptic promised and they took out many of the features that were in beta/launch. Like their awesome crafting system.

is duskwolf still talking about CO but not playing it?

broken record much?

and lets be honest. . . the backlash theyve received due to this so called gear tiering, has made ANet second guess their stand point on that im sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users