Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Elixir Gun + Conditions Hot-Join Build

engineer elixir gun elixir condition damage

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rouzeki

Rouzeki

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Strategy: You will stay in elixir gun most of the time, swapping back out to pistol when your cooldowns are ready and swapping to flamethrower when you need pushback/blind.


Use Incedeniary Ammo to add burning to your pistol or elixir gun shots.  However, it's a lot more fun to use Elixir B or U instead of flamethrower (I just love the control from FT).

There are obviously tons of different variations but the strategy remains the same.  Load up with conditions and if you must auto attack, use the Elixir gun to stack bleed and weakness (plus it does more damage than pistol).  Use constant swapping of kits to keep up swiftness and elixirs for cleanse.  You can keep regen up quite a bit as well with this build (Healing Mist + Super Elixir + random boon from Elixir H) but I'll admit I'd like more....which you can trait for that.

This is a hot-join build; I have not tested it in tourneys yet (but if I did, I'd want shield off-hand)


Overall, you're a bit squishy (so you can play around with runes/amulets if you'd like) but you do a ton of condition damage and you get a free rez with Elixir R which means a lot of times you go down but pop back up to finish them off.

This build is best used as a roamer/support...not defense or assault (though 1v1 you are very powerful)

http://www.intothemi...-0;3dZH9dZmA2VN

Edited by Rouzeki, 25 October 2012 - 04:19 PM.


#2 Van Hammersly

Van Hammersly

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Incendiary Powder over Deadly Mixture?  With both of those kits isn't DM a clear winner?

#3 Rouzeki

Rouzeki

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostVan Hammersly, on 26 October 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

Incendiary Powder over Deadly Mixture?  With both of those kits isn't DM a clear winner?

Good point.  I'll run with that next.

#4 Van Hammersly

Van Hammersly

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

I've been trying to get a slight variant of your build (http://gw2skills.net...0koJbTumkNNKYWA) to work for a little while, but I can't quite seem to get the rhythm of it right.  Granted, I am also quite bad at PvP (I think I lack the killer instinct) so I may just need more practice.

I know I want perma-swiftness and perma vigor, so those two traits and heavy use of kit utilities are givens.  I've tried a bombs/grenades build but I really like the way this one looks on paper.  The way the traits are set up, Anet is basically screaming at you to use Flamethrower and Elixir Gun together so there must be some degree of synergy with the two.  Hopefully I can master it (or at least not faceplant quite so much in sPvP).

#5 Rouzeki

Rouzeki

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostVan Hammersly, on 26 October 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I've been trying to get a slight variant of your build (http://gw2skills.net...0koJbTumkNNKYWA) to work for a little while, but I can't quite seem to get the rhythm of it right.  Granted, I am also quite bad at PvP (I think I lack the killer instinct) so I may just need more practice.

I know I want perma-swiftness and perma vigor, so those two traits and heavy use of kit utilities are givens.  I've tried a bombs/grenades build but I really like the way this one looks on paper.  The way the traits are set up, Anet is basically screaming at you to use Flamethrower and Elixir Gun together so there must be some degree of synergy with the two.  Hopefully I can master it (or at least not faceplant quite so much in sPvP).

Are you having issues with condition removal?  I've found that even with Formula 408 and Super Elixir I'm still constantly fighting off conditions.  I suppose you've got Healing Kit #4 but I personally suck at using healing kit.

#6 Van Hammersly

Van Hammersly

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Between Med Kit 4 and having 2 Super Elixirs to fire through thanks to Kit Refinement, I do okay with conditions.  Just recently had a pretty epic 1v1 against a Conditionmancer that lasted about two and a half minutes...of course, I lost, but I don't think he expected me to last so long.  He refrained from stomping me (out of respect, I guess).

#7 Rouzeki

Rouzeki

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostVan Hammersly, on 28 October 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Between Med Kit 4 and having 2 Super Elixirs to fire through thanks to Kit Refinement, I do okay with conditions.  Just recently had a pretty epic 1v1 against a Conditionmancer that lasted about two and a half minutes...of course, I lost, but I don't think he expected me to last so long.  He refrained from stomping me (out of respect, I guess).


I guess I didn't think about Kit Refinement...that could be a viable solution.  I just wish I didn't hate Med Kit so much (or that they would fix Healing Turret)

And, I still think Teldo's build is better for perma-swiftness + vigor.  I feel this build is better set up with other traits....though I had to go with perma-swiftness because once you have it, it's hard to do without it.

#8 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Does cleaning formula 409 remove ALL conditions?

#9 MrForz

MrForz

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Location:France.
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

No, one condition per Elixir thrown/used, no cooldowns though, can dramatically change the gameplay and bring back some rather niche class elixirs.

Edited by MrForz, 03 November 2012 - 02:00 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engineer, elixir gun, elixir, condition, damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users