• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Sigil Suggestions! 2x Sigil of Fire/Sigil of Fire/Sigil of Force?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Well I have been messing around with sigils I thought I had settled on sigil of battle for the 20 seconds 3 stacks of might on swap on my Sword/Pistol setup.  

After doing some looking around on different threads on sigils.  Also testing out the fire sigil to see if I liked it which I love it now.  

I am trying to decide whats best off had on pistol.  As far as my build its condi/crit focus on phantasm.  10/30/0/0/30

56% Crit chance

So if you stack 2 superior sigils of fire the chance for proc on crit becomes 51% since its multiplicative not additive.

Or I Add sigil of force which ups all outgoing damage by 5%.  So when fire procs it gets a boost from sigil of force and all other attaks are boosted as well to include shatters.  

So right now I am running fire/force to see if I like it havent tried 2 fires but it seems that since I have a already high crit chance that force is better choice overall.

Also as I havent tried it would accuracy be more beneficial?

I am aware of the shared global cooldown.

Edited by Sinnacle, 26 October 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#2 Inori

Inori

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MT]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

to my knowledge sigils have shared global cooldown... So the effects won't proc twice every 5sec ...

#3 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostInori, on 26 October 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

to my knowledge sigils have shared global cooldown... So the effects won't proc twice every 5sec ...

Forgot to add that in my op yea I know its a 5 sec cooldown and they share.  Having 2 does up the chance it will proc after the 5 sec cd.

#4 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

If you like procs, have you tryed air and fire? have same proc % but a chance to get both to hit in same sword 2 skill :)

#5 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

View Postosicat, on 26 October 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

If you like procs, have you tryed air and fire? have same proc % but a chance to get both to hit in same sword 2 skill :)

Is this true? I thought air and fire shared the 5 sec cd.

#6 Bakelith

Bakelith

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

It would be nice if we could see on screen the CD on sigils, runes and traits (at least in pve).

#7 Drexar

Drexar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Gin]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

All the sigils with a cooldown share cooldown timer, if you proc a fire sigil you wont proc anything else for 5 seconds, if you would use sigil of rage and it procs, you wont see another proc from any other sigil for 45 seconds... (This is unless something changed VERY recently)

So, even with fire and air you wont see more than one proc in total every 5 seconds, and then it will be random which one it is.

Please feel free to prove me wrong, id love if they changed it, but this was true two weeks back or so, that much i know...

#8 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Is this also for "haste on proc"?

#9 Kutsus

Kutsus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

Even the swap sigils share cooldowns with proc sigils, and quickness is no exception.

Example: You have quickness on 1 weapon set and might on swap on your other set. Quickness procs, then <44s later you swap to your other weapon set. Guess what? No 3 stacks of might for you.

#10 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

After playing around with Fire on sword and Sigil of force on Pistol.  I think I have settled on this combo. Force increaes all outgoing damage by 5% so that includes the fire procs.

Also I gotta add that sigil of fire is really good.  I mean I have used it before I put it on my great sword but once I got my crit% up to 55% it procs often.  

I am almost tempted to replace is on all my weapon setups.  I threw it on my staff over the corruption stacking sigil.  Procing fire from chaos storm is really good.  It will also proc from your shatter.  Yea fire is for sure one of the best sigil's in the game if not the best.  

Stacking sigil are great and some of the best also I would put them and fire at the top of the list.

Edited by Sinnacle, 29 October 2012 - 02:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users