• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Veritus7

Veritus7

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

I am curious to see if anyone out there is interested in a forming a group in GW1 strictly to get HoM achievements for vanity items in GW2. I'm interested in tagging along.

I have a level 20 Warrior/Monk in full Knight gear from the Prophecies Campaign. I'm really close to finishing the campaign, but he has yet to set foot into Cantha or Elona (I have both of those expansions), and have only made it to the Eye of the North in it's respective expansion. So far the only points I have is a few of the pet achievements. I have 14 pets, including a rare, but I still need a green pet and 5 others to get the two points from that.

I'm only interested in getting to 20 points, possibly 23 if it's not too far. Anything beyond that is just extra that I'll likely not use.

Let me know if you're interested, I'd like to start as soon as possible. I can start as early as today, friday.

#2 YggdraAshlander

YggdraAshlander

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Hey that would possibly interest me. I never played GW1, so I'll need some explaination, but if that's ok for you, I'm in.

#3 XSevSpreeX

XSevSpreeX

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostYggdraAshlander, on 26 October 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

Hey that would possibly interest me. I never played GW1, so I'll need some explaination, but if that's ok for you, I'm in.
Unfortunately, if you begin playing GW1 now you won't get the HoM rewards in GW2. The rewards are only for people that had a GW1 account before the launch of GW2 and linked the two accounts on the GW2 site.

You might be able to work towards the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title in GW1 to make it available in GW2, but I'm not sure. It takes a long time though.

Edited by XSevSpreeX, 26 October 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#4 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

You can still link your account GW2 account to a GW1 account after you've registered your copy of GW2 here.

Personally I am not sure whether new players are able or not to start on GW1 and their HoM and reap the rewards in GW2. What makes you believe they can't XSevSpreex? Still being able to would greatly improve the amount of people that would sign up for your group.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#5 Chava Blue

Chava Blue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostXSevSpreeX, on 26 October 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

The rewards are only for people that had a GW1 account before the launch of GW2 and linked the two accounts on the GW2 site.

I don't think this is accurate. I've played GW1 for three years but wasn't able to get GW2 until several weeks after launch. I had no trouble at all linking my accounts at that time, so account linking was definitely not just for before launch.

I don't see any logical reason why they would distinguish between old and new GW1 accounts for linking - why would they want to stop box sales of their previous product?

ANet has stated several times that you can still work on your HoM in GW1 after the release of GW2.

Edited by Chava Blue, 26 October 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#6 Mireles

Mireles

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Unfortunately, if you begin playing GW1 now you won't get the HoM rewards in GW2. The rewards are only for people that had a GW1 account before the launch of GW2 and linked the two accounts on the GW2 site.

You might be able to work towards the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title in GW1 to make it available in GW2, but I'm not sure. It takes a long time though.

This isn't true a-net stated for a long time that you will always be able go back and get gw1 rewards.... plus, they did this so people would want to buy gw1.  You can at any time long onto the account section at guildwars2.com and link your gw1 account to your gw2 account.

Edited by Mireles, 26 October 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#7 mginn82

mginn82

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AMP]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/faq/

specifically:

Q: Will I be able to continue earning Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars after Guild Wars 2 is released?
A: Yes.

Edited by mginn82, 26 October 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#8 XSevSpreeX

XSevSpreeX

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostChava Blue, on 26 October 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

I don't think this is accurate. I've played GW1 for three years but wasn't able to get GW2 until several weeks after launch. I had no trouble at all linking my accounts at that time, so account linking was definitely not just for before launch.

I don't see any logical reason why they would distinguish between old and new GW1 accounts for linking - why would they want to stop box sales of their previous product?

ANet has stated several times that you can still work on your HoM in GW1 after the release of GW2.

View PostMireles, on 26 October 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

This isn't true a-net stated for a long time that you will always be able go back and get gw1 rewards.... plus, they did this so people would want to buy gw1.  You can at any time long onto the account section at guildwars2.com and link your gw1 account to your gw2 account.

View Postmginn82, on 26 October 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/faq/

specifically:

Q: Will I be able to continue earning Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars after Guild Wars 2 is released?
A: Yes.
Yes, they said you can still get the rewards several times, but I do remember them stating that they wanted to reward players who were playing then. I'm not saying that you can't still link the accounts, I'm saying that if the GW1 account was created after GW2's launch you won't get your HoM rewards because they wanted to reward their long time fans. I can't find anything saying that though so maybe they changed their minds.

Edited by XSevSpreeX, 26 October 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#9 Mireles

Mireles

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostXSevSpreeX, on 26 October 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Yes, they said you can still get the rewards several times, but I do remember them stating that they wanted to reward players who were playing then. I'm not saying that you can't still link the accounts, I'm saying that if the GW1 account was created after GW2's launch you won't get your HoM rewards because they wanted to reward their long time fans. I can't find anything saying that though so maybe they changed their minds.

I have guildies that bought guild wars 1 after the release date and did the first 5 points for armor.... so assume away...

you surely can't find anything that says people can't get HoM rewards buying gw1 after release...plus they said you can link accounts at any time and you can earn points at anytime... nothing says its exclusive to accounts owned before release.

#10 Veritus7

Veritus7

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Okay great, thanks for derailing the thread.

Now back on topic I have one person of interest. Anyone else interested too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users