Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Lunatic Inquisition - fun minigame guide

mini game halloween fun

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dulfy

dulfy

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Community Contributors
  • 124 posts
  • Location:Canada

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

I had the pleasure of playing Lunatic Inquisition a couple times and had a blast. The first 2-3 rounds I was utterly confused and didn't had as much fun. Therefore, I decided to make a little guide in case you were as confused as I was. Bascically, you get sorted into two teams, villagers and lunatics. Villagers have to survive and gather stuff while lunatics hunt down villagers convert them into lunatics.

What I post below is sort of a TL:DR summary. If you want to see a couple more specific things, please check out http://dulfy.net/201...en-event-guide/

Village
  • Survive and gather stuff to hand in to the NPCs on the four corners. What to gather? Look at the map below
  • If you are feeling brave, you can go to the middle of the map, pick up a hammer, and bring the fight to the lunatics
  • You run fast, but you don't have out of combat regen and can only gain health by eating food/banquets you find
  • Watch your buff bar, if you see a Mad King command, find a good spot, stand still and type in the command (ponder, cower, shrug, salute, dance) or you will get damaged!
Lunatics
  • Kill villagers! Eviscerate (#2) does alot of damage!
  • Use traps, did you know you pick up food on the ground and make fake banquets to poison villagers? Pure evil!
  • Use your Eviscerate whenever you can as it deals a lot of damage. if a villager is running away, use plant scarecrow in their path and use your Mad King says ability. These will all generate points for you
  • Mad King says ability is especially powerful. Once casted on a villager, they have to stand still and do the command (ponder, cower, shrug, salute, dance) or they get damaged!
  • Use teleports to quickly get around the map.
  • You can sort of run around the four NPC that the villagers are turning in stuff to hunt down villagers.
Map
Here is a map that should help you quite a bit.

Posted Image

Edited by dulfy, 27 October 2012 - 01:33 AM.


#2 m00k

m00k

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Thanks, solid info :)

#3 Passive Aggressive

Passive Aggressive

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1316 posts
  • Location:California
  • Guild Tag:[SPAM]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

By FAR the best thing about Guild Wars 2 to date.  They should keep it in the game year round.

ETA:  Should mention a few things.  

The game starts with I believe 20 villagers.  One of them is chosen at the start of the match to be the first ghost/lunatic.  

Each villager they catch becomes a lunatic and starts again at the center of the map.

The gathering quests are very strong.  The NPC's first summon a banquet table that heals and gives you a speed buff, the second prize is a group of monsters (imps, skeletons, oozes, spiders) that patrol each quadrant and attack and lunatics that come near, the third summons a large elite which is obviously stronger.  These summons can make all the difference in the world between the villagers and the lunatics winning the match.  As a villager you score points for each turn in.

One strat that helped us tonight was for the villagers to stick together and fight the ghosts.  Pick up the found weapons to attack,, stun, blind, and imobilize the ghosts. A group working together with help from the NPC mobs has a better chance than one alone.  The torch is especially powerful.  But be warned.  If you kill a ghost they return to life in that exact same spot just a few seconds later.  So kill and RUN!

The game continues until all the villagers are caught or the timer runs out.  Winners get 5 personalized treat bags, losers get three.  Villagers win if any remain at the end.  Lunatics win if they catch them all.

Last villager left alive gets a powerful chainsaw sword!  (I know it is powerful because it two shot me!)

If you want to leave the match hit the arrow button above your mini map.

Edited by Passive Aggressive, 27 October 2012 - 12:10 PM.


#4 HermitLolxe

HermitLolxe

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostPassive Aggressive, on 27 October 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

By FAR the best thing about Guild Wars 2 to date.  They should keep it in the game year round.

ETA:  Should mention a few things.  

The game starts with I believe 20 villagers.  One of them is chosen at the start of the match to be the first ghost/lunatic.  

Each villager they catch becomes a lunatic and starts again at the center of the map.

The gathering quests are very strong.  The NPC's first summon a banquet table that heals and gives you a speed buff, the second prize is a group of monsters (imps, skeletons, oozes, spiders) that patrol each quadrant and attack and lunatics that come near, the third summons a large elite which is obviously stronger.  These summons can make all the difference in the world between the villagers and the lunatics winning the match.  As a villager you score points for each turn in.

One strat that helped us tonight was for the villagers to stick together and fight the ghosts.  Pick up the found weapons to attack,, stun, blind, and imobilize the ghosts. A group working together with help from the NPC mobs has a better chance than one alone.  The torch is especially powerful.  But be warned.  If you kill a ghost they return to life in that exact same spot just a few seconds later.  So kill and RUN!

The game continues until all the villagers are caught or the timer runs out.  Winners get 5 personalized treat bags, losers get three.  Villagers win if any remain at the end.  Lunatics win if they catch them all.

Last villager left alive gets a powerful chainsaw sword!  (I know it is powerful because it two shot me!)

If you want to leave the match hit the arrow button above your mini map.
Do you mean that the last survivor gets a Chainsaw Greatsword? The one that's worth 40g?

#5 Sprinks

Sprinks

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HLK]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Great info as always, Dulfy!

I had a blast playing this yesterday. It was fun to be the last villager running away from 19 lunatics and seeing how long I could keep away. Hilariously fun!

Edited by Sprinks, 27 October 2012 - 01:21 PM.


#6 Cabal

Cabal

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Guild Tag:[KTHU]

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostHermitLolxe, on 27 October 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:


Do you mean that the last survivor gets a Chainsaw Greatsword? The one that's worth 40g?

Lol as a mini game weapon not an actual out of mini game wep. Then it wouldn't be worth 40g anymore haha

#7 HermitLolxe

HermitLolxe

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostSprinks, on 27 October 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Great info as always, Dulfy!

I had a blast playing this yesterday. It was fun to be the last villager running away from 19 lunatics and seeing how long I could keep away. Hilariously fun!
Did you get a chainsaw skin?

View PostCabal, on 27 October 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Lol as a mini game weapon not an actual out of mini game wep. Then it wouldn't be worth 40g anymore haha
Then you cant use it outside of the mini game?

#8 Sprinks

Sprinks

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HLK]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostHermitLolxe, on 27 October 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Did you get a chainsaw skin?

I did not. It's probably something that spawns on the map that you can pick up, similar to the hammer.

#9 dulfy

dulfy

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Community Contributors
  • 124 posts
  • Location:Canada

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostPassive Aggressive, on 27 October 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

By FAR the best thing about Guild Wars 2 to date.  They should keep it in the game year round.

ETA:  Should mention a few things.  

The game starts with I believe 20 villagers.  One of them is chosen at the start of the match to be the first ghost/lunatic.  

Each villager they catch becomes a lunatic and starts again at the center of the map.

The gathering quests are very strong.  The NPC's first summon a banquet table that heals and gives you a speed buff, the second prize is a group of monsters (imps, skeletons, oozes, spiders) that patrol each quadrant and attack and lunatics that come near, the third summons a large elite which is obviously stronger.  These summons can make all the difference in the world between the villagers and the lunatics winning the match.  As a villager you score points for each turn in.

One strat that helped us tonight was for the villagers to stick together and fight the ghosts.  Pick up the found weapons to attack,, stun, blind, and imobilize the ghosts. A group working together with help from the NPC mobs has a better chance than one alone.  The torch is especially powerful.  But be warned.  If you kill a ghost they return to life in that exact same spot just a few seconds later.  So kill and RUN!

The game continues until all the villagers are caught or the timer runs out.  Winners get 5 personalized treat bags, losers get three.  Villagers win if any remain at the end.  Lunatics win if they catch them all.

Last villager left alive gets a powerful chainsaw sword!  (I know it is powerful because it two shot me!)

If you want to leave the match hit the arrow button above your mini map.

Awesome, thanks for the extra info, I will add it in :D

#10 Passive Aggressive

Passive Aggressive

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1316 posts
  • Location:California
  • Guild Tag:[SPAM]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Ah yeah. Should have been more clear about the chainsaw. Not a skin you get to keep. A weapon you can use in game.  And if you don't automatically get it then possibly it is something that can be found earlier.  I believe there are secrets that can be found but aside from the chainsaw don't know of any others. I do know that during some games something caused rocks to spawn that villagers could pick up.  Not sure what causes them to spawn as they definitely only appeared in 2 or 3 of the (many games I played).  It is possible that you can use them to find secret areas or something.

#11 Archress Shayleigh

Archress Shayleigh

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 275 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Mrat]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

If you hit the mad king faces (That spawn on the wall, and ping your location) with a hammer, they will break and spawn boulders

#12 dulfy

dulfy

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Community Contributors
  • 124 posts
  • Location:Canada

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostArchress Shayleigh, on 28 October 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

If you hit the mad king faces (That spawn on the wall, and ping your location) with a hammer, they will break and spawn boulders

Oh cool that is good to know!

#13 Passive Aggressive

Passive Aggressive

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1316 posts
  • Location:California
  • Guild Tag:[SPAM]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Ooh nice catch.  Thanks for that info!

#14 Eelde

Eelde

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Love this mini game. Hope they make it permanent.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mini game, halloween, fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users