• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 QuackzMcDuck

QuackzMcDuck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

How do you guys deal with this? I seriously want to level my Mesmer so bad but having little to no out of combat mobility is very discouraging to me...I know we have our #4 on focus but that's about it. It sucks when I'm trying to run with my guild in WvW and I end up falling miles behind everyone else....

I’m well aware of skills that make you jump back, but those just don’t appeal to me to use for mobility

Edited by QuackzMcDuck, 27 October 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#2 Dream Proxy

Dream Proxy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[TS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

There's a skill called blink that you can trait to have 1200 range while you're out of combat (#1 in Dueling).  That's 10 seconds of swiftness from the #4 focus & blink to close pretty big gaps.  You have 2 dodge rolls to close a little space as well.

#3 ATourist

ATourist

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

I personally don't mind mesmers being one of the slowest, we just have so much good things already that outshines our flaws. In WvW I'm always with people that can grant group swiftness. Together with blink and focus #4 it's not so bad. If you need more, well there are also centaur runes that most threads advocate for WvW. Combine that with short heal and temporal curtain, you should get your near perma-swiftness.

#4 Siarsi

Siarsi

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostATourist, on 28 October 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

I personally don't mind mesmers being one of the slowest, we just have so much good things already that outshines our flaws. In WvW I'm always with people that can grant group swiftness. Together with blink and focus #4 it's not so bad. If you need more, well there are also centaur runes that most threads advocate for WvW. Combine that with short heal and temporal curtain, you should get your near perma-swiftness.
QFT. I use the centaur rune set in pve and pvp. It's so helpful, especially as a mesmer as we only have temporal curtain for decent swiftness. The only thing to remember is, use Temporal curtain before the on heal swiftness, as the swiftness from curtain doesn't stack with other swiftness sources.

#5 Velicia

Velicia

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BoD]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm not a 100% sure this works (will test when I get home, or hopefully someone can confirm)

If you "In the Void" your Temporal Curtain as soon as you pass through it, it starts the cool down off, else if you wait the cool down starts then the curtain disappears.

#6 Drexar

Drexar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Gin]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Total cooldown is still the same, if you blow it up straight away it starts ticking down from ~25sec, while if you leave it you see it start at ~20 seconds or so, from what i can recall at least.. (Fiddled with it while being bored and running during leveling, havent since)

#7 Bullylol

Bullylol

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Like people say - it really comes down to blink and focus.

Best thing to do is get a Focus and put it in a slot in your bag that is nice and easy to click on, when you need to move between spots, can just quick swap, press 4, then swap back.

Blink is handy, but obv don't blink if the combat/situation might well need it as an out.

#8 ZigKid3

ZigKid3

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bern]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

you can also cast chaos storm and gamble when you run through it... :3

#9 gance

gance

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

you can also search for ele and guardian friends who will buff for you.
im glad my gf is an elementalis :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users