• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

What's the best WvWvW equipment for a GS 20/30/0/0/20 build?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nadir

nadir

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

The build is a classic 20/30/0/0/20 (adjustments could be done).
The secondary weapons are longbow and rifle.

I need advice with all the gear:

Armor: Undecided between pow/prec/tough and pow/tough/vit and about wich set is the best (Dungeon,karma,crafted, badges of honor, mixed)
Weapon: Undecided between pow/prec/cit. damage and pow/prec/tough
Jewels/trinkets: I'm pretty sure berserker's set will work fine...
Rune: Superior Rune of Divinity seems to be the best but very hard to find so I need something to adapt to the armor choice
Sigil: No idea

Thanks in advance.

Edited by nadir, 28 October 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#2 Invoky

Invoky

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

If you are going to spec into pure glass cannon, might as well go full berserker

Most people use knight because its balanced

#3 RivenVII

RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostInvoky, on 28 October 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

If you are going to spec into pure glass cannon, might as well go full berserker

QFT

The 20 in Discipline, I find, is largely not worth it except for the mobile strikes. The passive stats it gives are pretty meh, especially the added burst damage. I am personally against a Glass Cannon warrior as it defeats the point of being a melee class, but if you want to do damage, you might as well do it right and go full 'zerkers.

#4 nadir

nadir

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Knight should be my equip I guess... What about the weapon (GS I mean)?

#5 Invoky

Invoky

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

A single weapon itself does not matter as much as whole set of armor, but I usually follow the properity of the weapon.

Eample, sword i would go condition, for axe I would go crit dmg, and for shield I would go vit/toughness. That way if i decide to get extra set in the future, my weapon would fit the set.

#6 sagasaint

sagasaint

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

full berserk for a melee class in W3 = I hope you have a damn lot of gold in stock to pay for your armor repair bills lol
you will die to AoEs thrown at random, without ever closing the gap to your first kill

full berserk melee only works for thieves because they abuse the culling bug. other than that, its essentially a sPvP set

#7 Invoky

Invoky

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I use full berserk and i dont die that much in wvw, but again alot of time i let some to be bait to run in first.

#8 TheVice

TheVice

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

View PostInvoky, on 05 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I use full berserk and i dont die that much in wvw, but again alot of time i let some to be bait to run in first.

Kinda doing same. Glass is viable, no matter what anyone says, you just have to be careful. And try not going 1v1.

#9 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Glass is great for small dagger groups but pretty hard to be effective with in larger scale engagements.

But I agree that if your going to build for glass you might as well go berserkers and valkyrie to blow people up as fast as possible.

#10 Oinkeye

Oinkeye

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postsagasaint, on 05 November 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

full berserk for a melee class in W3 = I hope you have a damn lot of gold in stock to pay for your armor repair bills lol
you will die to AoEs thrown at random, without ever closing the gap to your first kill

full berserk melee only works for thieves because they abuse the culling bug. other than that, its essentially a sPvP set

I run a shout build with GS and full berserkers, and maybe die 1-2 an hour.

#11 Antithesis

Antithesis

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

What do you guys consider glass anyway.

I mean you go for full crit - 50%+, 3k attack, 3k armor and your going to be around 18-19k health. Mix it up
some and you can have 46% crit, same attack / armor, and about 22-23k.

Do you consider 23k glass? That is just one more hit from full crit and your still dead.

#12 Anzuri

Anzuri

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

I think most define glass as specing for full pow prec crit damage. Full berserker is full glass so anything that alters from those stats is a degree of glass.

But really whether glass is viable or not and some ppl saying they can last 5 hrs in glass before dieing, it all depends on how you play. If you play like me and rush into zergs and groups you will die. But glass is viable of you ninja or hot small groups. Of course you could also glass in zergs but you have to be extra careful, wait for distractions then pick ppl off.

So OP I would first ask, how do you intend to play, what's your play style like in wvw? That then will define your gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users