34 replies to this topic

#31 Tenofas

Tenofas

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostKorra, on 28 October 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

MH Sword: Sigil of paralization, it will increase your daze time, really noticable.

Are you sure Sigil of paralization increase Daze time?  As it states that it is just the Stun time to be increased, and it seems they are two different conditions.  Daze should not be affected by that Sigil...

#32 shinibon

shinibon

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostTenofas, on 08 November 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Are you sure Sigil of paralization increase Daze time?  As it states that it is just the Stun time to be increased, and it seems they are two different conditions.  Daze should not be affected by that Sigil...

i did some tests with it. it increase the time. without its 2sec with sigil its 3sec... but runes of mesmer doesnt work at all.

#33 Dreleth

Dreleth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postshinibon, on 08 November 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

i did some tests with it. it increase the time. without its 2sec with sigil its 3sec... but runes of mesmer doesnt work at all.

I tested both rune of the mesmer and the sigil of paralization and it seems to always be the same daze duration. Do they both round up to be the same duration? If it's like that, wouldn't that make the sigil to be more powerful so you can have more powerful runes?

#34 realmisr

realmisr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Been using a similar build, and it's definitely a good alternative to d/d. You still have the utilities of d/d like dancing daggers, c+d, but you also get to totally pretty much permadaze someone, which is pretty *ing scary for the enemy. They will most likely dump their CCs extremely fast. Be sure to hit them from the back or side though otherwise you'd only blind them (not bad, but not a 3 sec daze)

I also found that diving deep into shadow arts for 10/30/30 is a great route...

Infusion of shadow - you'll want to permadaze and this helps you c+d for only 4 ini - a MUST since it pretty much replaces preparedness in trickery.

Shadow rejuvenation - heals quite a lot since you'll want to stealth alot...I tried the build without this and I noticed I went down a lot faster. With shadow refuge, this is pretty much a full heal, all while you're running around in stealth!

Hidden assassin - works with stealth very well, with shadow refuge you can cap at 10 stacks of might before you come out of stealth...lots of dmg. The description is misleading but if you've used it, you'll know the might STACKS every sec or so.

Cloaked in shadows - aoe blind everytime you stealth (c+d) ? pretty damn useful and annoying to fight against. I've fought against this trait and it's really annoying especially if they keep going stealth.

Sure you might not get klepto, thrill of the crime + preparedness like with trickery, but those are pretty trivial imo. Traits relying on steal means it only works every 45s or so...going stealth is something you can do every 3 secs...

And sure you might not get swiftness + more dodges with acrobatics, but that's why it's important to have SoS in the build to compensate at least for the movement speed. The dodges I found aren't really that necessary since once you stealth you'll be dodging a lot less.

Edited by realmisr, 08 November 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#35 Scarnah

Scarnah

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

I switched to the build configured pretty much exactly as realmisr described it above earlier this week for WvW and am loving it.  I mostly roll solo or small groups, and in either case, the survivability is pretty incredible.  I can harass a pretty large group of enemies and down a few without getting taken out.  And this is actively attacking, not just using perma stealth tactics to block a cap.

Coming from the typical backstab build, it takes a bit of getting used to actually relying on auto attack cycles, but it's worth it.  

Don't forget you get to use cool looking swords instead of lame little daggers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users