4 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow209

Shadow209

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Maybe some of you know, how annoying it is to switch equipment. I am using 2 sets of armor, a magic find set for Cursed Shore farming and regular one for dungeons. So I'm constanty switching between them.

Would be great, if we could switch between different sets of equipment quickly, without making the feature overpowered.
For this purpose i suggest equipment kits. They should be put into an empty Bag slot, so basically your second set of armor still takes some inventory space. each kit grants an additional page in the equipment window. Kits can not be changed during a battle and changing should take a few seconds. During that time you can move, but not attack and getting hit in that time cancels it.

I'd say they should be priced at about 1g, maybe with a more expensive version, that lets you change your traits too, or at least there should be a possibility to save trait setups at the profession trainer.

How do you think about this?

#2 Kazuhiko_Nagano

Kazuhiko_Nagano

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Something like the Mystic Forge conduit fpr Traits would be awesome, just change them where you are, i like to go for some health while doing JPs but dont use them at all anywhere else (mesmer/thief) so i cannot even take the "-50%falling dmg" trait.

It doesnt even need a price i mean those 3 silver or whatever it is is like... using midrange waypoints not rly neccessary.

Taking the PvP Trait-System would be great.

like 2 weaponsets you should have 2 Armorsets aswell, but not usable in battle, so u can switch from sustain to dmg.

Might come in handy when they implement elite areas or whatever where u "need" both in them and Normal/MF switch aswell.

You could put a copperprice on usage, i mean 20 copper or whatever so 500 uses for 1g means not using it too often to annoy people or whatever, wont hurt anyone to do it 5 times per dungeon 1s  shouldnt be too much for normally getting more out of it especially if you switch to MF armor anyways.

#3 Shadow209

Shadow209

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

The reason, suggest somthing around 1g is, because basically, I see this as some kind of bag, that can only hold your armor. I think 1g is like a medium-sized bag. This should not only give you a second aromr set, but also 2 additional weapon sets.

Basically, you can switch your gear at all time anyway, this system just saves all the annoying klicking. Since you have to sacrifice a bag slot, it basically wouldn't free your inventory either.

The trait-switching kit schould allow to switch the traits, armor and weapons at the same time, so you can basically have a second build.
I play a necro, condition-build, but I'd like to have a second build (power-build). I wouldn't mind to decide, which build to use before entering a dungeon. I think, once you enter a dungeon, trait-switching should be locked.
I'm just pretty sure, that it's very annoying to go to a profession trainer, switch traits, then go to a bank and change all armor and weapons before entering a dungeon.

#4 Draycon

Draycon

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

I'd like to see something similar to the weapon swapping most professions have, so you don't need to store them in your inventory.

#5 Shadow209

Shadow209

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Well, weapon swapping is something different imho. I use all my weapon skills of one weapon, then switch to the other one, while the skills are on cool down then switch back, while the skills of the other weapon are on cooldown. This wouldn't make too much sense with armor.

I really want a way to quickly switch the whole equipment at once (including armor, trinkets and both weapon sets).

The other thing is switching between builds. Switching to an alt build shouldn't take longer, than switching to an alt char, imho. I don't really care about the 3s50, thats a good price for switching between builds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users