5 replies to this topic

#1 6kenji6

6kenji6

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Sorry for my bad english.

I have a guardian and want to play WvW with a friend who plays an elementalist.
I Play a regular 0 0 30 30 10 (mace+ shield\staff)  build, and try to protect him while he's doing damage.

I wonder which build suits best for a duo team that runs always together.
any suggestions are welcome!

#2 Mik Hell

Mik Hell

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

My main is an Elementalist and I have a level 80 Guardian alt, I'd use an Hammer based build for sure, reason being Mighty Blow: this skill not only deals a ton of damage, but it's also a blast finisher which will let you combo his fields(I'm assuming he's running Staff most of the times).

Also Hammer is a great wepon to protect team mates: Banish, Zealot's Embrace and Ring of Warding are all great to peel enemies off you friends.

Edited by Mik Hell, 06 November 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#3 Clockwise

Clockwise

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Post6kenji6, on 29 October 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Sorry for my bad english.

I have a guardian and want to play WvW with a friend who plays an elementalist.
I Play a regular 0 0 30 30 10 (mace+ shield\staff)  build, and try to protect him while he's doing damage.

I wonder which build suits best for a duo team that runs always together.
any suggestions are welcome!

Hi !

I personnaly using the 0/10/30/30/0 build.

With an elem I play hammer + staff. We are just unzergable (well, almost :P) with this setup.

#4 Ghent

Ghent

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

I'm thinking of rolling a guardian to wvwvw with some friends and both are elementalists.

Was thinking something along the lines of this: http://gw2skills.net...cjoLrXuuketaY8B

#5 BlasBlas

BlasBlas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

In my experience, a lot of WWW deals with a lot of players and gets a little chaotic.  And since a lot of it is objective based; meaning, defend, repair, assault and not so much kill as many people as possible I guess you would figure who would play in what role when you are completing said objective.

If you want to protect them I suggest, Hammer/staff shout, AH build using boon duration runes on armor.  Have flexibility to switch to concentrations and build your traits in a way you can switch them out to make concentrations effective.  There are a couple of times when they are useful.

#6 DAS MDK

DAS MDK

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hey watch my video I fught a D/D ele and that's what I would suggest. A D/D ele and guardian are unstoppable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users