#1 Steadfast Gao Shun

Steadfast Gao Shun

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

DEAR NOBLE IN CURRENT RESIDENCE OF DIVINITY'S REACH:

LYSSAS BLESSING ON YOU FRIEND I AM PRINCE FAYED OLUBOLA OF VABBI, LIGHTBRINGER MASTER OF WHISPER. FIRST I MUST ASK YOU TO HELP US FIGHT THAT WHICH CANNOT BE SEEN AND MAINTAIN STRICTEST CONFIDENC IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS MESSAGE IS BY VIRTUE UTTERLY CONFIDENTAL. I AM SURE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE AN EVENT OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING TRANSITIONING MUCH RICHES.

I AM ONE OF 3 GREAT PRINCES OF VABBI WHO ARE INTERESTED IN EXPORATION OF GOODS INTO YOUR DEAR COUNTRY OF KRYTA WITH FUNDS IN WHICH ARE CURRENTLY TRAPPED WITHIN VABBI. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE OUR BUSINESS WE URGENTLY SOLICIT YOUR ASSITANCE TO ALLOW US TO TRANSFER THESE FUNDS OUT OF THE HANDS OF PALAKWA JAKO.

DURING THE RECENT BATTLES IN WHICH CURSED EVIL LICH LORD PAKAWA YOKO DEFEATED THE ELONIAN ALLIANCE THE ORDER OF WHISPER SET OF MANY CELLS WHICH HAD FUNDING TO OPERATE INDIEPENDENTLY FOR SOME TIME. HOWEVER WE FOUND MANY INFLATED OR FALSE REPORTS WHICH ARE CURRENTLY HIDDEN IN THE CITY OF AHDASHIM READY TO BE EXTRACTED.

HOWEVER, BECAUSE OF THE TIGHT CONTROL OF BORDER BY PALAWO JAKA AND HIS EVIL TRATIORS WE CANNOT ACQUIRE ANY OF THE WEALTH IN OUR NAME. I HAVE THEREFORE BEEN DELIGATED AS A MATTER OF TRUST BY THE MASTER OF WHISPER TO LOOK FOR OVERSEA PARTNER INTO WHOSE COFFER WE WILL DELIVER   ELONIAN PLATNIUM OF 21,300,000 (TWENTY ONE MILLION THREE HUNDRED THUOSAND PLATNIUM) WHICH IS OF INESTIMATABLE VALUE BY TODAY STANDARDS. WE ALSO HAV MANY ANCIENT TOMES, HUNDREDS OF RARE JEWELS AND ANCIENT ARTIFACTS THAT WE CAN CONTACT YOU IFOR FOLLOW UP IF IT WORKS. HENCE WE WRITE YOU THIS LETTER IN HOPES TO SHARE THE MONEY WITH YOU, PROVIDED WE CAN MOVE IT TO THE WHISPER BASE IN KRYTA. 20 PERCENT WILL GO TO YOU. 70 PERCENT FOR US. REMAINING TEN PERCENT FOR ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSIVES.

PLEASE BE ASSURED THAT THIS TRANSCATION IS 100% SAFE. I AM A VERY TRUSTWORTHY MAN WITH MANY PRIOR DEALINGS. ALSO THE ORDER OF WHISPER IS ONE OF THE OLDEST ORGANIZATION ON TYRIA DEIDCATED TO ITS GOOD SO YOU CAN TRUST US. WE HOPE TO INITIATE TRANSITION WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS OF YOU RECEING THIS LETTER. SO PLEASE PREPARE AS MUCH PACK ANIMALS AS YOU CAN SPARE ALONG WITH OFFICIAL LETTERHEAD OR SEAL BEARING DIVINITY REACH AUTHOIRTY. YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO BRING US TEN GOLD BECAUSE OUR AGENT HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY INQUEST AND CANNOT CONTACT YOU AT THE TIME.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSITION. PLEASE ACKNOLWEDGE YOUR RECEIEVE OF THIS LETTER BY RETURNING TO US VIA OUR SECOND AGENT, WHO IS ALSO CAPTURED BY CENTURAR AND REQUIRES A PALTRY SIX SILVER PIECES (NEW KRYTAN) OR EIGHT SILVER (OLD ASCALONIAN) COIN TO BE FREED. HE CAN BE FOUND NEAR YOUR GARRISON IN QUEENDALE. ONCE HE BRING US MESSAGE BACK I WILL SEND YOU DETAILED INFORMATION OF THIS PROJECT WHEN I HEAR FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY IN LYSSA.

PRINCE FAYED OLUBOLA

Edited by Steadfast Gao Shun, 30 October 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#2 Shamadamun

Shamadamun

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VV]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

My eyes... What have you done to my eyes...

#3 Steadfast Gao Shun

Steadfast Gao Shun

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Have you ever heard of the 419 scams? ;)

Edited by Steadfast Gao Shun, 30 October 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#4 Oryx

Oryx

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWSI]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Attached File  26331869.jpg   96.01K   13 downloads

Oh, and... What the f**k?!

View PostSteadfast Gao Shun, on 30 October 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Have you ever heard of the 419 scams? ;)

oh yeah!
we get those at work.. although you forgot to include that you have ''come in posession on $500.000.000 (five hundred million american dollars) :D
why is it called a 419 scam?

#5 Vulpie

Vulpie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CZAR]

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

That was hilarious. Thanks for that XD

From his link: "The number "419" refers to the article of the Nigerian Criminal Code dealing with fraud"

Edited by Vulpie, 30 October 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#6 carbajac

carbajac

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GO]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

That was pretty funny and it's sad because if/when Elona opens up, this is a completely unsurprising scenario someone could try.

*sigh* It's only a matter of time before my character finds out she's related to Elonian royalty.  She will await her riches and will begin saving gold. Fingers crossed holding out for Tahlkora.

#7 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2084 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEAT]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Its funny but i hope this doesn't get locked. XD

#8 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5200 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

That gave me a chuckle.  Nicely done!

#9 Archaes

Archaes

"Rks"

• Moderators
  • 2228 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[TWIT]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

At first I thought I was going to have to lock this thread, then I realized it was a parody of scam emails. Clever, very clever. :P
If you have a question about moderating issues or just want to talk, feel free to  PM me here. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users