12 replies to this topic

#1 Moka

Moka

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

I am quite curious as to the AOE 5 target limitation had been enforced on both ability. I generally WvW most of the time, and had not really tested out on this. As you may imagine, its rather hard to perform field test on both skills.

Was hoping someone who perhaps had already did some test, might be able to assist me in answering this question.

#2 Eelde

Eelde

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

I have not noticed with Null Field whether it limits to 5 or not, but I would say Feedback definitely does not have a limit just from the Visual "wtf" I get when I stick it on a flame ram at a tower door, for instance.

#3 RandolfRa

RandolfRa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hopefully they don't do this to feedback or it becomes utterly useless in zerg fights. It's not broken, just a strong skill that can actually affect the fight.

Edited by RandolfRa, 30 October 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#4 Drexar

Drexar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Gin]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Feedback on the current fotm turtling portal "blob" means instadeath.

However tempting it is to cast it on the 50 person blob ive learned to not do it, cause every single time so far ive dropped in 2-3 seconds due to every person and their mother having retaliation (not to mention every other boon in the game). If im in a safe spot and got allies near i can still do it, just to pretend the damage it does is worth reviving me, but in all honestly i guess the damage is instantly negated by heals and regen..

Now, this is what doesnt make sense imo, how come their attacks bouncing back at them procs retaliation on me? Yes i cast the feedback, but its their own damage (i bet the game counts it as feedback damage though, but still!)..

And just in case someone comes and says i should have used null field first, i did, but either its not stripping boons fast enough or its not hitting everyone.

Just some whine cause im prevented from using the most fun ability i have on the perfect target of it :P

Edit: And just to get somewhat on track, feedback surely doesnt seem to be limited to any amount of people, cause if it was i wouldnt see ~10k damage per second from retaliation..

Edited by Drexar, 30 October 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#5 Moka

Moka

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

Thanks for the reply. I kind of know the answer already but i just need to be sure, as WvW fight are pretty chaotic to verify anything.

Retaliation is a bitch. IMO really defeat the purpose on one of Mesmers' most useful WvW skills, when you need it the most.

Pertaining to Null field, its too hard to test out. I did a search online and got back some result pertaining to its effect.  I am rather disappointed, since this Question is asked because i want to know  Null field effectiveness in an anit-Turtle strats my guild is developing against.  

the link : http://www.guildwars...e-boon-per-sec/

#6 Hargrik

Hargrik

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ECHO]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

I always place Feedback on huge zergs and have never died from retaliation because of that. Are you sure Feedback triggers it? Since the secondary effects of some skills are also reflected back to the caster, I'd guess it doesn't have counts the Mesmer as being the source of damage.

#7 Moka

Moka

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostHargrik, on 01 November 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

I always place Feedback on huge zergs and have never died from retaliation because of that. Are you sure Feedback triggers it? Since the secondary effects of some skills are also reflected back to the caster, I'd guess it doesn't have counts the Mesmer as being the source of damage.

I was uncertain at first. I did encounter it on&off during keep/tower sieges. I thought was a bug, till a guildie pointed it out to me.

The result become very apparent. if you ever encounter a Turtle formation in WvW. Try casting it without null field.  

You will drop within seconds.

#8 Hargrik

Hargrik

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ECHO]

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

I have done that many times to be honest... Maybe I'm just lucky hehe. I'll pay more attention next time. Thanks!

#9 RandolfRa

RandolfRa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm not sure, but could you use distoration + blurred frenzy to negate the retalation damage?

#10 tangoesp

tangoesp

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I should be inmortal or something else. Because I have NEVER get downed by retaliation after casting feedback. Maybe is because after casting feedback a bunch of hits start to fly around me (I thought until now that I just got focused) and I just do a dodge and get out of range. Negating that damage.

#11 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Does retaliation have a range? If so I could see that as a solution. Setup a portal drop feedback and port back outside of the range.

#12 Orikx

Orikx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostTouche, on 05 November 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Does retaliation have a range? If so I could see that as a solution. Setup a portal drop feedback and port back outside of the range.

That's an interesting thought. I might have to try that. We faced some turtles Friday night but haven't really seen a lot of it since so I'll have to test next time I do.

View Posttangoesp, on 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

I should be inmortal or something else. Because I have NEVER get downed by retaliation after casting feedback. Maybe is because after casting feedback a bunch of hits start to fly around me (I thought until now that I just got focused) and I just do a dodge and get out of range. Negating that damage.

Just casting it on a zerg is more or less completely safe. It's the turtles that result in insta death so if you haven't faced a turtle yet then that might be why. They could also just be a bad turtle and not using retaliation.

As for the OP's question about null field. It appears to have a limit but I don't know what the limit is. I would guess 5 or 10 people like most other things.

Edited by Orikx, 07 November 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#13 InterSlayer

InterSlayer

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SP]

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Been seeing more turtles in my matchup the past 2 weeks. Null field definitely has a cap, so its probably 5 target cap.

Someone should try a retaliation loop where you also have retaliation, and see if you can reflect some of the damage back. hahahahha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users