#1 solidarigee

solidarigee

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Link

This Mesmer has the ability to have constant distortion (invulnerability) for:
2 (blurred frenzy) + 4 (distortion shatter) + 1 (SoD) + 1 (SoI) + 4 (distortion shatter) + 2 (blurred frenzy) = 14 seconds.  Really, the up time of the distortion is even higher because you don't just spam it, you use it when necessary.

The damage output is pretty decent as well as you have AoE fire blasts pretty much every 5 seconds (63% crit rate) from sigil and your crit damage is 188% of regular damage.  

Also, your phantasms (iDuelist and iWarden) stack a sick amount of bleeds due to having ridiculous crit chance and a rapid attack.  

Strengths: great survivability and burst damage. 2 stuns.

Weakness:  fighting without a break for more than 30 seconds.  It can still be done, sure, but you won't be nearly as effective and you'll have to be very good with dodge (plus your passive that applies vigor)

What do you guys think?

Edited by solidarigee, 30 October 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#2 Naglifar

Naglifar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

the 4 seconds of that 14 seconds shatters all your phantasms, bleeds, and vulnerability stacking/boon-ripping clones. Why not use deceptive evasion instead of only relying on mirror images for shatter fodder? (NVM ALL THE DUELIST TRAITS ARE FOR INVUL)

Most people run from iWarden before its damage racks up (I am assuming this is a PvP build right?) would be hard to use your sword two imob (using that for the shatter).

It seems too me like you will be relying on predictive timing (or just sword attacking your foe to death?)

I honestly think the resources pulled for sustaining Invuls is constraining all the potential of your weapon skills & utility bar & potential shatter (damage and interrupts). Building around one core mechanic (like the rofl-dodge-roll ele) essentially gimps your potential to be hammer in a world of nails. Your basically trying to be a little person standing on the head of the nail--determined to see that it eventually gets hammered.

Edited by Naglifar, 31 October 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#3 Angelus359

Angelus359

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I'd seriously recommend swapping furious interuption with deceptive evasion

You'd get more survivability, and faster clone generation, allowing those shatters to be more reliable... and with more clone generation, that's more bleeds

#4 Dustfire

Dustfire

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostNaglifar, on 31 October 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

the 4 seconds of that 14 seconds shatters all your phantasms, bleeds, and vulnerability stacking/boon-ripping clones. Why not use deceptive evasion instead of only relying on mirror images for shatter fodder? (NVM ALL THE DUELIST TRAITS ARE FOR INVUL)

Most people run from iWarden before its damage racks up (I am assuming this is a PvP build right?) would be hard to use your sword two imob (using that for the shatter).

It seems too me like you will be relying on predictive timing (or just sword attacking your foe to death?)

I honestly think the resources pulled for sustaining Invuls is constraining all the potential of your weapon skills & utility bar & potential shatter (damage and interrupts). Building around one core mechanic (like the rofl-dodge-roll ele) essentially gimps your potential to be hammer in a world of nails. Your basically trying to be a little person standing on the head of the nail--determined to see that it eventually gets hammered.
Why should this be a pvp build in a pve-subforum?

#5 Cebbar

Cebbar

Available in Strawberry!

• Site Contributors
  • 224 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSCC]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I've been going down a similar route, trying to utilise Distortion.

I've not yet tried using Signets with it because I'm... well a bit nervous about it I suppose.  I prefer to spread my options between Distortion and Stealths/Blink.

I used Masterful Reflection for some time but came to the conclusion it's quite situational.  I play mostly WvW - since the majority of players here seem to be Thiefs, Warriors, Guardians I found I wasn't getting a whole lot of use out of that trait - moreso when you consider it doesn't even trigger on Blurred Frenzy.  Only seems to be the shatter skill Distortion, rather than the buff Distortion.

You say there are 2 stuns.  I see 3.  Magic Bullet, Signet of Domination, and Diversion.  Since you act as a clone you can use Diversion in melee range to inflict another without the need to waste clones on it necessarily.  I do love Illusionary Persona.

I agree with the advice on using Deceptive Evasion.  Seems like a no-brainer to me over Furious Interruption.

#6 Nuu

Nuu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DKR]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

ummm where does the second distortion shatter come from....you can do distortion back to back...err oh nvm. Theoretically it's possible, but you gotta understand 1 second is valuable in few situations. Like stomping. If you go for distortion, go for 2+ seconds. 1 is just a waste of time. and using mirrored images for immediate shatter fodder is a good idea (i use myself), but you really should use deceptive evasion...interrupting requires you to interrupt someone using a skill and that doesn't always happen.

On paper, it might look good, but i don't think it's very practical.

#7 Angelus359

Angelus359

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

With a build like this, you need boon duration

#8 Angelus359

Angelus359

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

If you get the right runes, you can boost it a decent chunk

#9 Polylogic

Polylogic

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

too bad distortion is not a boon :(
how great would it be to stack alot distortion and copy it to all of your mates :D

distorion mesmer is a nice idea which gave me some inspiration..
and instead of boon duration i think it needs more condition duration and damage..

this is how i changed it:
http://gw2skills.net...Ly9lsoVJDE2cM5A

dont forget to use signet of domination after magic bullet for a 4+ seconds stun (which is badass)
first i thought dodge creates clone trait would be good for it, maybe change to the -20% pistol time even better

cant wait to try it now...

#10 Angelus359

Angelus359

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Distortion totally is a boon, and what I'm describing totally has an effect

I tested by boosting my boon duration to 60%, and it gave me over 3 full seconds of distortion on a 2 second

I could tell by hovering over the icon with my mouse when I did a sword#2

Atleast that was the case in the last stage of beta

#11 Polylogic

Polylogic

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

oh nice

then the wiki is wrong:
http://wiki.guildwar...tortion_(effect)

effect type: none
maybe bug but worth a try

how do you got 60% ?
2x monk
2x water = 30%
+ sigil 10%

ah guess i miss dungeon runes..

oh and btw, in that case is stealth a boon too ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users