20 replies to this topic

#1 Vikky

Vikky

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Tired of trying to put conditions and not having any neat tricks at the same time? Well have no fear, for I too am sick of stacking venoms and seeing them disappear like magic!! This build would focus on survivability and bleeds. Now it can be argued that bleeds can be taken care of easily. I know. But this build is about outlasting and keeping them on no matter how many times they are erased, and generally not dying much. It is far more useful to leave a lost fight in one piece and be of use someplace else then to die and give free points.

I would like to say that this is my personal build and I don't intend to please hardcore gamers. I just want to help out general gamers who have trouble surviving and give them a fun perspective. I am also NOT a PRO, so constructive criticism and feedback is more than welcome.

Now, here's the link:
http://en.gw2skills....GrNObk2s8Y4x8DA

I am NOT SURE whether sigil of superior energy on offhand works because technically you're using the same dagger. Also I found out that hydromancy and geomancy effects cannot be procced concurrently. Can someone help me out with this?

Now, to business:

You will straight away notice how this build compensates that little bit of condition damage for a lot more survivability. What I have done is:

1. Not rely on runes to give me condition damage, but Dolyak toughness and vit instead, this is a good trade because my bleeds still tick above 100, which I think is a good enough number. Melandru set is SOLID as well because of lesser stun durations.
2. Not put the emphasis on venom-ing the hell out of opponents because frankly in non-coordinated play it doesn't work that well.
3. Add some shadowstep and shadow refuge utilities which are priceless in saving our hides AND others, also because SB has been removed.
4. Swiftness on every dodge? SWEET. Feline Grace? GIMME DAT. Vigorous recovery gives vigor upon healing u say? THANKS BRAH, now I get more dodges even when I heal SWEEET. More well timed dodges = tons more suvival.

Now, why no SB? simple, pistol 1 is a free bleed, p/d skill 3 is good enough for me and this build is about cloak and dagger. Also, this is not a full roam build although it can be played like one by swapping out for Shadow signet for long distance rushing.

So, the 2 aspects of this build are to stack bleeds and to survive. How?

BLEEDS

Each of the main hands has a Geomancy sigil that is awesome and its CD is about the same as a weapon swap CD > ah hah! There are many ways to open with this build. For node fights, If you are approaching, do a standard Cloak Dagger Steal to close the gap, BUT DONT ATTACK OUT OF STEALTH. drop caltrops and wait for stealth to end, then do a full 1 rotation and get that lotus strike in, Death Blossom once or twice, and don't spam it. observe and use it to evade as well. Then dodge a bit (you have SO MUCH dodge) then u can either cloak and stealth OR swap weapon sets to slam a few more bleeds and THEN Cloak and THEN pistol 1 to stack EVEN more bleeds. you get the idea. when you swop back to daggers, bleeds will stack again, complement with Death Blossom, go to stealth, caltrops, yeap something along those lines. Modify the rotation as u see fit. Notice that Heartseeker is going to be used rarely (Say what?) Yes rarely. only for finishing/closing gap. It is possible to play a solid game without heartseeker.

SURVIVAL

Hide In shadows cures burning poison and bleeding you say? And gives more stealth AND REGEN? CHECK. That part's done.
Now, I would like to say that speccing in Shadow arts is CRITICAL. Firstly, Shadows Embrace > Remove 1 condition every 3 secs in stealth? CHECK. Everytime you use cloak and dagger, you remove a condition, how awesome is that. (Note, many thieves I see do not use this to their advantage) And here is why I say > DON'T BE HASTY to leave stealth even though it is tempting. why? 2 reasons:

1.Patience and Rejuvenation traits work wonders if you just let that stealth play out. Faster initiative regen in stealth? CHECK. this complements your opening moves, because once you Cloak for 6 init this will get it back up in no time. Added bonus from Quick Recovery in acrobatics.
2. Once again this is why shadow arts is important when u are using pistol/dagger set. Here's a good trick. When you have bleeds etc on you, cloak and dagger and WAIT. 3 seconds for removing that bleed plus some heals out of traits. OBSERVE your conditions bar. You have not 3 but 4 seconds of stealth thanks to meld with shadows. remove that condition and still dish out a fast pistol 1 bleed stack out of stealth.
3. On your D/D set, use Cloak and Dagger to let your bleeds play out and REMOVE your conditions and heal you a bit. this build does not use CnD for backstabbing, hands off that 1, unless of course, finishing.

To talk a bit on Trickery traits. Caltrops on dodge obviously is good for that extra bleed since you're condi specced. Bountiful theft is really good if you are observing enemy's boons, once he puts those boons on, rip them off. However I would like to say that taking this part into consideration gets really hard sometimes and you really need to have developed being calm in intense fights. Even I can't do it half the time. Hence, here u can swop out for Trickster to get faster caltrops CD which is really good too.

In general gameplay, once you get knocked down or stunned and you know you're gonna get bursted, unleash Shadowstep for a clean dodge. This skill messes up bunker ele's rotation to the point of laughter. Updraft? sure! switch out to fire and charge in for a burst? NOPE. im not there. That being said, bunkers are still hard to kill 1v1, although I have taken down eles but the fights are really long and unproductive. However, guardians are easier with this build because of our condition removal and condition damage, which looks past toughness and still ticks normally. Generally, it doesn't really matter what class you're up against as long as you keep focused on the basics >>> Remove those conditions, keep those bleeds, watch your opponent's moves. Mesmers huge hand sign when casting moa is SO obvious. dodge when u see it. As a thief, you are required to be able to dodge easily dodgeable stuff like Eviscerate, Bulls Charge etc. If you do get hit this build will show some mercy unlike a crit build.

For fun's sake I add this paragraph. If you are looking at delaying a couple of players from reaching other nodes, u can lay down some caltrops, and keep going in and out of cloak n dagger as long as you dont attack out of stealth. Because u get init and health regen you can do this for FAIRLY long before u get killed. Do this only when u know you cant escape from them. This messes people up and helps your team on other parts of the map to take objectives fast.

Final note, some players claim that signet of malice and Dagger storm combo works wonders for health. It may be true, but I don't like that style. Thieves Guild is very reliable damage to me, Dagger storm is not that consistent, and reduces effectiveness in a smaller fight. especially when you need that extra burst to down that player at the treb or save your lord or kill opponents lord. Thieves Guild guarantees good support for me also because I am free to do what I want when my elite is active.

As you can see, the thief can be played through this perspective as well. Sure, its fun to go crit and insta gib for a while but that role is an In Out role, which loses entertainment after a while cos all you do is wait for the chance and spam HS after u run out of backstab chances. This build offers survivability and a chance to make a big difference in team fights. Support your comrades, don't be a selfish thief. Res them quickly in a 2v2 etc so you can win and you will surely get a lot of respect, you will know this when they start supporting you seriously too. Most importantly, have some good fun. And for normal folks like me, it's just a game so don't let it ruin your life.

Edited by Vikky, 31 October 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#2 geist burdill

geist burdill

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

One remark:
The way you operate with this build, ull stay in stealth basically for the full duration, 4 secs, to trigger patience at its full splendor, if u stay for 4 secs and then sneak attack at the last moment, ull actually be removing 2 conditions, coz embrace removes one cond as soon you enter stealth and another one 3 secs later, as u leave (neat neat neat); since you say u have shadow refuge, i think you can replace HIS for Withdraw, with bountiful theft ull get 100% uptime on vigor, wich is kinda godly... Also, shadow refuge, if u use at least 6 secs of its stealth, will heal you up for a lot, remove 3 conditions and will stack 10 mights on you, adding 350 condition dmg to this build. Just a few tips.

#3 Dairuiner

Dairuiner

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Solid build.  My one tweak would be on patience... I don't think it really works. I've tested it in the past and wasn't able to discern an increase in ini regen.  Try some tests. IMO gaining 2 ini on stealth is both more reliable (you don't have to wait for it) and better in the long run (because I don't think patience is really working properly.) Everything else looks gravy.

Also, if you're not having to deal much with conditions (lots of glass cannons) you can swap out curing conditions on stealth, to allies gaining 5 seconds of regen on stealth (yes it works on you.) More bonus healing! And can also juggle a rabid vs carrion amulet... rabid being better against direct damage (toughness!) and carrion being better against conditions (vitality!)

Oh, and if you're worried about the proc on the offhand dagger, why not just slot another offhand dagger? They're free to buy, after all.

Edited by Dairuiner, 31 October 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#4 Digestive Toxins

Digestive Toxins

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NOFX]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hey man just dropping back by here to say thanks.

From taking my Thief 1-80 in no time at all tbh ( already got an 80 Warrior so i knew the easy routes to 80 ) I worked out that I hated the back-stab ( Yuck! Its So cheap and 1990 ! )

So i dabbled with your build in some spvp before I went and geared up for WvW, lol i frightend myself at how insane it is! No one really knew how to deal with me and I was holding 2-3 players up whilst the rest of my team just capped everything it made me LoL a lot :)

So I Put some thought into how this might work in WvW and after a bit of fiddling ive found somthing that works very well ( for me ).

http://gw2skills.net...JbTumkNt8Y4x8DA

The spec layout is almost the same however i swapped a few things that helped me stay a bit more mobile, this buid should be called "The Caltrap" or " Caltrop Blitz" .... oh I also went for rune of the undead.

What i love the mos about the build is not the damage but the pure carnage you can cause to masses of people and then just bug out, this allows your buddys some breathing space in larger fights i love watching numbers fly off limping foes :P

What i tend to do then is whilst my stealth counts down i look for the weaker ones in the pack and focus on them for my next sweep.

Also a bonus for this build is that if you open with pistol it looks like your doing total crap damage at first and the enemy must think oh this ones easy prey and they actually come towards me lol.

Also one suggestion is pack a shortbow in your inventory and use it on keep defense its easy pickings over the walls.

Having issues with equal level guardians and mesmers 1v1 but I seem too on what ever class I play tbh.

#5 Vikky

Vikky

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostDairuiner, on 31 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Solid build.  My one tweak would be on patience... I don't think it really works. I've tested it in the past and wasn't able to discern an increase in ini regen.  Try some tests. IMO gaining 2 ini on stealth is both more reliable (you don't have to wait for it) and better in the long run (because I don't think patience is really working properly.) Everything else looks gravy.

Also, if you're not having to deal much with conditions (lots of glass cannons) you can swap out curing conditions on stealth, to allies gaining 5 seconds of regen on stealth (yes it works on you.) More bonus healing! And can also juggle a rabid vs carrion amulet... rabid being better against direct damage (toughness!) and carrion being better against conditions (vitality!)

Oh, and if you're worried about the proc on the offhand dagger, why not just slot another offhand dagger? They're free to buy, after all.

Good point, switching out for Infusion of Shadow is an insta profit and yes I looked at the init change with and without Patience, it is indeed not working properly and the overall effect with IoS is actually faster. Thanks for this.

View PostDigestive Toxins, on 02 November 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

Hey man just dropping back by here to say thanks.

From taking my Thief 1-80 in no time at all tbh ( already got an 80 Warrior so i knew the easy routes to 80 ) I worked out that I hated the back-stab ( Yuck! Its So cheap and 1990 ! )

So i dabbled with your build in some spvp before I went and geared up for WvW, lol i frightend myself at how insane it is! No one really knew how to deal with me and I was holding 2-3 players up whilst the rest of my team just capped everything it made me LoL a lot :)

So I Put some thought into how this might work in WvW and after a bit of fiddling ive found somthing that works very well ( for me ).

http://gw2skills.net...JbTumkNt8Y4x8DA

The spec layout is almost the same however i swapped a few things that helped me stay a bit more mobile, this buid should be called "The Caltrap" or " Caltrop Blitz" .... oh I also went for rune of the undead.

What i love the mos about the build is not the damage but the pure carnage you can cause to masses of people and then just bug out, this allows your buddys some breathing space in larger fights i love watching numbers fly off limping foes :P

What i tend to do then is whilst my stealth counts down i look for the weaker ones in the pack and focus on them for my next sweep.

Also a bonus for this build is that if you open with pistol it looks like your doing total crap damage at first and the enemy must think oh this ones easy prey and they actually come towards me lol.

Also one suggestion is pack a shortbow in your inventory and use it on keep defense its easy pickings over the walls.

Having issues with equal level guardians and mesmers 1v1 but I seem too on what ever class I play tbh.

Cheers! Glad you enjoyed the build! And thanks for the tips on wvw !!

Edited by Vikky, 02 November 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#6 Vikky

Vikky

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

View Postgeist burdill, on 31 October 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

One remark:
The way you operate with this build, ull stay in stealth basically for the full duration, 4 secs, to trigger patience at its full splendor, if u stay for 4 secs and then sneak attack at the last moment, ull actually be removing 2 conditions, coz embrace removes one cond as soon you enter stealth and another one 3 secs later, as u leave (neat neat neat); since you say u have shadow refuge, i think you can replace HIS for Withdraw, with bountiful theft ull get 100% uptime on vigor, wich is kinda godly... Also, shadow refuge, if u use at least 6 secs of its stealth, will heal you up for a lot, remove 3 conditions and will stack 10 mights on you, adding 350 condition dmg to this build. Just a few tips.

Thanks for the tips, though I would suggest changing out Patience for Infusion of Shadow as I tested Patience and its not working properly right now. Thanks to Dairuiner for pointing that one out.

#7 geist burdill

geist burdill

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostVikky, on 02 November 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Thanks for the tips, though I would suggest changing out Patience for Infusion of Shadow as I tested Patience and its not working properly right now. Thanks to Dairuiner for pointing that one out.

Actually,i dont suggest patience, i was  just pointing out how i imagined the way u play with that build,i also use infusion, its reliable, patience only works if u stay 4 secs in stealth,at that point ull see a sudden influx of 2 iniiative, it works but its better for long stealths, where ull get more than 2 initiative, if ur without ini and use shadow refuge, stay stealthed for 6/7 secs and ur bar will totally refill.

#8 Toppi Harley

Toppi Harley

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

i'm running with this built now for like 2 weeks and up to now i have to say...20 20 30 or 30 10 30 is crap against that

whats really important for that built is, to run with this food:

http://www.gw2db.com...e-and-meat-stew

also to switch to P/P...because if you stook up with deathblossow...delvier more bleeds with taht on range with evades!!

and use blinding powder!! removes conditions as well...this jump isnt THAT helpful

and ya...swapping sigill? sorry but remove that stuff...go for 10% bleed durations and for 60% on crit -> bleeds
with the set nightmare set...you have like 2k toughness and use healing for initiative comsumption over 2 initiative all 10 secounds...MUCH better...youre like a healing monster

ah ya...acrobatics...get II gaining might with each evade...with food...its already 2 stacks of might each evade...with stealth and evades and so on you can get easily to 15+ stacks with shadow refuge

and with your runes...why not going for 2x 15% extra bleed duration? sure they often remove the conditions...but they cant all the time

Edited by Toppi Harley, 03 November 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#9 Phigment

Phigment

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

http://gw2skills.net...ROfkFtWYswOg5HA

What I have been running for weeks,

I added malice recently, it truely out heals all the other possible options we have. The 1 downfall, I have to play better vs burst specs (namely BS builds). Before it was cake to just dot them up, and use HIS to recover the initial BS (after that it was collect my glory unless they would SB away)...now slightly harder as you cannot recover fast from an initial blow. But the longer your in the fight, the easier it is for you. I typically only go to D/D when its multiple people, a LDB is a 1200hp heal for me when I have 3 targets available. But if single-double targets, its P/D

Dont forget spiders...33% reduction in healing is HUGE. Leech is another 1k dmg plus healing. An example, when fighting another thief that is going to go into HIS, they remove the condition, but the initial move is the heal, thus they take 33% reduction in healing. I hate when it gets removed fast because of the long cool down, but the reduction is healing is just too good to pass up imo. Its my "burst" when I expect then to heal

Edited by Phigment, 03 November 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#10 Digestive Toxins

Digestive Toxins

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostToppi Harley, on 03 November 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

i'm running with this built now for like 2 weeks and up to now i have to say...20 20 30 or 30 10 30 is crap against that

whats really important for that built is, to run with this food:

http://www.gw2db.com...e-and-meat-stew

also to switch to P/P...because if you stook up with deathblossow...delvier more bleeds with taht on range with evades!!

and use blinding powder!! removes conditions as well...this jump isnt THAT helpful

and ya...swapping sigill? sorry but remove that stuff...go for 10% bleed durations and for 60% on crit -> bleeds
with the set nightmare set...you have like 2k toughness and use healing for initiative comsumption over 2 initiative all 10 secounds...MUCH better...youre like a healing monster

ah ya...acrobatics...get II gaining might with each evade...with food...its already 2 stacks of might each evade...with stealth and evades and so on you can get easily to 15+ stacks with shadow refuge

and with your runes...why not going for 2x 15% extra bleed duration? sure they often remove the conditions...but they cant all the time

Im intrested in what you have to say on this build etc, but maybe someone could translate ?

No offence but  I have no idea what you are saying!.

#11 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

One thing I notice and would like to comment on/recommend is that you seem to be building a high survival condition damage build but lack a stacking buff sigil.

Sigil of superior corruption adds 1 stack per kill that adds +10 condition damage and is capped at 25 stacks. (You lose them if you are downed) So if you are surviving for a long time you will often be running with anywhere between 180 and 250 extra condition damage which is a ton. It is more useful than any other sigil for condition builds because it directly improves each tick of condition damage all the time.

#12 Elr3d

Elr3d

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostPhigment, on 03 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

http://gw2skills.net...ROfkFtWYswOg5HA

What I have been running for weeks,

I added malice recently, it truely out heals all the other possible options we have. The 1 downfall, I have to play better vs burst specs (namely BS builds). Before it was cake to just dot them up, and use HIS to recover the initial BS (after that it was collect my glory unless they would SB away)...now slightly harder as you cannot recover fast from an initial blow. But the longer your in the fight, the easier it is for you. I typically only go to D/D when its multiple people, a LDB is a 1200hp heal for me when I have 3 targets available. But if single-double targets, its P/D

Dont forget spiders...33% reduction in healing is HUGE. Leech is another 1k dmg plus healing. An example, when fighting another thief that is going to go into HIS, they remove the condition, but the initial move is the heal, thus they take 33% reduction in healing. I hate when it gets removed fast because of the long cool down, but the reduction is healing is just too good to pass up imo. Its my "burst" when I expect then to heal

Build looks great and somewhat close of what I run myself (although I'm no venom user (so no conditon) and more stealth supporty).

Any reason you run Caltrops-on-dodge over Thrill of the Crime? As you have Bountiful thief you must use Steal at a significant rate, so why not get that extra might (and as such cond. damage) and fury and swiftness and get little caltrops that at best will add 1 bleed stack to your dot? Plus you share this with allies and become more significant in team fights.

Just my 2 cents on this.

#13 Digestive Toxins

Digestive Toxins

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

View Postadra12, on 07 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

One thing I notice and would like to comment on/recommend is that you seem to be building a high survival condition damage build but lack a stacking buff sigil.

Sigil of superior corruption adds 1 stack per kill that adds +10 condition damage and is capped at 25 stacks. (You lose them if you are downed) So if you are surviving for a long time you will often be running with anywhere between 180 and 250 extra condition damage which is a ton. It is more useful than any other sigil for condition builds because it directly improves each tick of condition damage all the time.

^ I was thinking just this however does swapping weapons lose the stack ? ( cant access any sites atm to check on this ).

I run with pistol > agony...and on Dagger erm the bleed on weapon swap one ?? and on other two daggers exactly the same, in theory this should mean i always have +10% Duration on bleed and a fresh stack of bleed when ever i swap.

Ive not been using food either so thats another thing i need to sort out, If the +cond on each kill does still keep the stack on swap then in WvW it would be very nice as i hardly ever die so the stack would build up nicely, its also another incentive to not push my build too far like i tend too and always try tht one last DB rather then HIS :P.

#14 Loyrl

Loyrl

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostDigestive Toxins, on 07 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

^ I was thinking just this however does swapping weapons lose the stack ? ( cant access any sites atm to check on this ).

I run with pistol > agony...and on Dagger erm the bleed on weapon swap one ?? and on other two daggers exactly the same, in theory this should mean i always have +10% Duration on bleed and a fresh stack of bleed when ever i swap.

Ive not been using food either so thats another thing i need to sort out, If the +cond on each kill does still keep the stack on swap then in WvW it would be very nice as i hardly ever die so the stack would build up nicely, its also another incentive to not push my build too far like i tend too and always try tht one last DB rather then HIS :P.
You do not lose the stacks when you swap weapons. It is a buff that looks like a signet.

#15 Digestive Toxins

Digestive Toxins

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

well that was a massive oversight on my part i must try this out :)
atm im testing

2x krait
2x aflicted
2x undead

Now with the right food and this 25 stack thats kinda mental duration and dmg, im still unsure though if i should stack cond damage on the armour rather then the + bleed duration ?

#16 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostDigestive Toxins, on 07 November 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

well that was a massive oversight on my part i must try this out :)
atm im testing

2x krait
2x aflicted
2x undead

Now with the right food and this 25 stack thats kinda mental duration and dmg, im still unsure though if i should stack cond damage on the armour rather then the + bleed duration ?

I considered this triple duration combo but decided in  WvW I would rather have the higher burst of more condition damage due to the amount of cleansing that happens in larger engagements and that higher burst makes it harder for people to run away and in Boss fights bleeds stacks often will be in the upper 20s anyway if another condition user is present then the extra duration is actually costing damage rather than gaining it. So overall I think 45% is overkill.

At the moment I am thinking 5xKrait and 1xAny other Condition Damage rune because I like having the extra 15% duration and the 4 rune ability of causing bleeds occasionally to people who attack you is better than the poison duration increase because in our builds bow 4 is our only source of poison. Though in an sPvP setting I might consider 10 points in Deadly Arts to add mug and poison on steal and go afflicted.

I also refuse to take the Short Bow off, so my build is center around P/D(single target) and SB(aoe) doing high burst bleeds. And requires a bit more stealth toggling.

Edited by adra12, 07 November 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#17 Kuju

Kuju

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GHST]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

I've been running a somewhat similar build lately and been having fun with it. I get pretty good healing output with good condition removal, and just relying on bleed ticks whilst going in and out of stealth. I don't like to fight good Engineers with condition removal/immunity, and I need to time my dodges very well to not risk getting stunned/knocked down and combo'd: http://gw2skills.net...POikEtWYEwWkZAA

It will really test your patience, but I feel like I can wear down most opponents by outlasting them. Still tweaking, and I'm debating moving 5 points of out Acrobatics and into Trickery for a 0/0/30/25/15 build.

#18 Phigment

Phigment

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostElr3d, on 07 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Build looks great and somewhat close of what I run myself (although I'm no venom user (so no conditon) and more stealth supporty).

Any reason you run Caltrops-on-dodge over Thrill of the Crime? As you have Bountiful thief you must use Steal at a significant rate, so why not get that extra might (and as such cond. damage) and fury and swiftness and get little caltrops that at best will add 1 bleed stack to your dot? Plus you share this with allies and become more significant in team fights.

Just my 2 cents on this.

Once I steal for the vigor buff, with feline grace I have alot of dodges available, I just found the extra dmg from the bleed plus snare was useful vs a 10sec swift/might/fury buff. My weapon dmg is laughable (even on criticals), but I can get 15+ stacks with ease on targets (thats in the range of 1600 dmg a sec). Sure they can be removed, but I can just as easily put them right back on!

Edited by Phigment, 07 November 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#19 Nightshade1

Nightshade1

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

condition survival video,

#20 Hankchinaski

Hankchinaski

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

DISCLAIMER:  I am a casual pvper and not nearly as knowledgable as you folks... so let me start out by saying THANKS for posting up awesome threads like this that help noobs like me have a chance at playing this game.  Please forgive any stupid comments/questions forthcoming...

I love the concept of this build... I have been playing a condition d/d build that has points in deadly art focusing on poison and spider venom on the utility bar.  I do not have caltrops...

one of my concerns with caltrops is how the hell do you land them?  With all the dodging and whatever that goes on in spvp (what i play mostly being a casual) it seems ot me that they would be very unreliable without some sort of immobilize.  I think the OP says to cloak/steal and then pop caltrops... but (especially considering peoples awareness of backstab gibmeisters) I would think the enemy would be immediately twitch-evading and probably escaping the caltrop area?  

I apologize ahead of time if this is a stupid question since I have not tried this kind of thing myself.  Hopefully, if someone answers it, it might help some of the less proficient lurkers of the forum :P

Regardless, thanks again for taking the time to post up your ideas!!!

#21 Digestive Toxins

Digestive Toxins

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hey there to Answer your question on caltrops for the ones you drop on a roll I basically either get my target to run through them or i dodge thru them so they land around my target, genrally i do this twice as i have the trait might on roll.

The ulitilty skill version i genrally run in and then drop it right in middle of the player/crowd and then dodge too for double the pain :)

highest ive had the stack so far is 21 with 133 dmg a tick, mental.....

Edited by Digestive Toxins, 08 November 2012 - 10:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: condition, survival, thief, stealth, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users