• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Guild ladder in GW2 using WvW, sPvP and PvE exp

ladder guild ladder wvw ladder pve ladder spvp ladder gw2 ladder guildwars2 ladder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Profano

Profano

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

The Guild ladder  was so important for the success of Guild Wars and the lack of ladder of GW2 makes guilds less prone to competition. Some of my guildmates have been disappointed about that, and I wonder why Anet didn't do anything until now.

The idea is simple, create a guild ladder, splitted by WvW, sPvP and PvE, using the exp that you already earn (maybe with some fixes), and in WvW and PvE cases, divided for further server and global ladder too.

The ranking can be drawn up on the basis of a score, for example:
sPvP - The guild score would be like the GW1 system

WvW - The guild score is the sum of the exp that the guildmates earns in WvW.

PvE - guild score is the sum of the exp obtained by guildmates in PvE, completing dungeons, events, points of interest, waypoints etc...

A chart like this puts the largest guilds in the top of the ladder (that it's correct: 100 inexperienced players of the guild [AA] in WvW do more things than 10 guildmates of the guild hardcore[XX]).
In any case, to emphasize those small hardcore guilds, it would be essential to add a new parameter in the ladder: the performance, dividing points scored by the number of guildmates.

Example:
The guild [AA] have 500 people and 20000 exp, it has a performance of 40 (20000/500)
The guild [XX] have 50 people and 5000 exp,  it has a performance of 100 (5000/50)
In a ranking, ordered by points, the guild [AA] is ahead, but if you order by performance, the small guild [XX] will be on top.

The performance is useful to highlight those small guilds that specialize on a particular game mode.

*Why this will be good for GW2?*
If you wants to be very competitive in WvW and you're looking for a guild, then open the ladder, choose whether to go in a small guild with a high performance, or choose a guild that has a high number of guild members, being sure that for PvE, who is interested in dungeons or making gold for the Sunrise will choose a PvE guild, choosing between efficiency or points.

In WvW would be better for a guild to play in a server without too much pro guilds: less invaders, no enemy towers to conquer, and no towers to defend means less points for WvW ladder. This will balance the servers too.

I hope that this suggestion can be positively shared with others and Anet will take a look, *IMHO* it would be great.

I posted this suggest topic on the GW2 forum too, link

#2 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Problem with this system is that a guild with more members would in 9 out of 10 cases win just because they have bigger numbers.

The guild ladders in GW1 was based on GvG, which wasn't really effected by number of members, since they limit was 8v8 anyway.

#3 Profano

Profano

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

that's why i'd like to see the performance sort too.

#4 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostProfano, on 31 October 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

that's why i'd like to see the performance sort too.

Which wouldn't work unless every single guild had the exact same number of active members.
Seeing as more members will make the guild perform better than a guild with less but better members.

#5 Jentari

Jentari

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 250 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Sorry your idea wouldn't work as others have said, larger guilds with a larger population should/would have the higher scores.

Now once they do put in GvG then you can have rankings as long as the GvG battles have the same number of participents on each side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users