2 replies to this topic

#1 BBoellehuus

BBoellehuus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hey guys!
You see, i just bought a digital version off GW2, made a account and downloaded the client. But when try to install it, it installs around 5%, and then completely freezes. It says 0.00 KB/s is downloaded. I've been searching the net for answers the last 2 hours, but noone seems to have the exact problem as I.. If any of you guys could have some knowledge about this, I would really appreciate the help!

I can write further information about my PC, what I've done so far, and so on. Thanks you guys!

#2 BlueTooth

BlueTooth

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostBBoellehuus, on 31 October 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

Hey guys!
You see, i just bought a digital version off GW2, made a account and downloaded the client. But when try to install it, it installs around 5%, and then completely freezes. It says 0.00 KB/s is downloaded. I've been searching the net for answers the last 2 hours, but noone seems to have the exact problem as I.. If any of you guys could have some knowledge about this, I would really appreciate the help!

I can write further information about my PC, what I've done so far, and so on. Thanks you guys!

When you download the "client" exe from anet, you are going to need to place that file, in the folder you want your game saved in, for example "C:/GW2/" or any folder you would like.
I say this because you may have multiple HDs and or partitions that might not have enough space to download the full game. Another reason is your internet bandwidth (dont know your internet connection) could be throttled or limited in the amount you are able to download (yes some ISPs have limits, depending on where you live)

Also if you are on windows vista, or 7 (or 8?) right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" may help.. it has fixed errors I have had while installing some programs.

Hope this helps and let me know if you continue to have problems.

#3 Beta Sprite

Beta Sprite

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

One more thing to check (I always bring it up because it affected me):  You can't install it on a FAT32 file system.  If the DAT file is just under 4GB, that's probably your problem.  There are ways to update a FAT32 drive to an NTFS drive without requiring any reinstallation (like this: http://technet.micro...y/bb456984.aspx), but if you have an NTFS drive, it would be ideal to just install there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gw2, installation, issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users