Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Guild Bank & Soulbound Items


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Iratus Mumbo

Iratus Mumbo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[RAGE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Small guild of 2 here and we got our Guild Stash.  I tried to unload some items from my personal bank and can't put soulbound items in the Guild Stash? Is this correct? Am I missing something here?

What are other folks doing to manage storage of soulbound stuff?  I sure had planned to get many sets of exotics and don't see how that possible without buying a bunch of 20 slot bags and just carrying stuff around with me after my personal bank is full.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

#2 sevalaricgirl

sevalaricgirl

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 181 posts
  • Location:New York
  • Guild Tag:[TBC]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Your soulbound stuff can only be put in your personal bank.  It can't be shared so it can't go in the shared guild bank.

#3 Tallenn

Tallenn

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 570 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Guild Tag:[VII]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

It's not like the technology isn't there to allow one character to put soulbound things into the bank and other characters not be able to take them out.

#4 Iratus Mumbo

Iratus Mumbo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[RAGE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

View Postsevalaricgirl, on 01 November 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Your soulbound stuff can only be put in your personal bank.  It can't be shared so it can't go in the shared guild bank.

Ok thanks for the reply.

View PostTallenn, on 01 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

It's not like the technology isn't there to allow one character to put soulbound things into the bank and other characters not be able to take them out.

Very much not insightful.

#5 Tallenn

Tallenn

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 570 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Guild Tag:[VII]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Obviously, you didn't get what I was saying.

You can put soulbound items in your personal bank. Your other characters can access the personal bank, but the technology exists so that they can't remove those soulbound items.

There's no reason why it couldn't be allowed to put soulbound and accountbound items into the guild bank, since the technology exists to keep other people and characters from removing them. I.e., they already have the code needed to prevent using a bank to transfer bound items. Right now however, you can't even put bound items into the guild bank, at all.

A lot of people have personal guild banks, including myself, and it would be nice to be able to put my bound items in there, as I'm using it simply as extra bank space, after having earned the influence to get it.

#6 Iratus Mumbo

Iratus Mumbo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[RAGE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostTallenn, on 01 November 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Obviously, you didn't get what I was saying.

You can put soulbound items in your personal bank. Your other characters can access the personal bank, but the technology exists so that they can't remove those soulbound items.

There's no reason why it couldn't be allowed to put soulbound and accountbound items into the guild bank, since the technology exists to keep other people and characters from removing them. I.e., they already have the code needed to prevent using a bank to transfer bound items. Right now however, you can't even put bound items into the guild bank, at all.

A lot of people have personal guild banks, including myself, and it would be nice to be able to put my bound items in there, as I'm using it simply as extra bank space, after having earned the influence to get it.

I agree 100%. Thanks for clarifying your response.  That's all I really did was start a guild to have extra bank space only to earn the influence to make the stash and now can't use it. Really lame.

#7 sty0pa

sty0pa

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostIratus Mumbo, on 01 November 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

I agree 100%. Thanks for clarifying your response.  That's all I really did was start a guild to have extra bank space only to earn the influence to make the stash and now can't use it. Really lame.

Which, if you think about it is probably why they don't implement the ability to store soulbound items there, it would directly compete against their cash shop.

#8 Linfang

Linfang

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2362 posts
  • Location:Ohio
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

The point of a guild bank is to put in items that other guild members can withdraw or deposit.

#9 moomooo1

moomooo1

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

What Linfang said. It's a guild feature intended for a cohesive guild environment. There are ways to increase your bank space(running at current gem costs, that's around 5.5g - 6g for each upgrade) and you could perhaps invest in that instead?

The issue of being able to insert soulbound items, and not let others access it is what if a member decided to troll and put many soulbound items into the guild bank, thus reducing it's size. Other wouldn't be able to take it since it's soulbound.

But no really, you can buy plenty of bank space as it is, so invest in that :)

Edited by moomooo1, 02 November 2012 - 01:00 PM.


#10 Iratus Mumbo

Iratus Mumbo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[RAGE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

All great replies, but I started a guild on early release and it took a while to get the bank so the question just came up recently. I certainly understand the other ways to increase bank space now, but I guess I'm just cheap and don't want to spend Gold.  I have 2 toons to level 80 and only 100 gold (since I fully pimped my first toon out in exotics before deciding I didn't like him) so yeah I'm trying to find cheap ways to do things first, then resort to spending the gold required to play efficiently.

Good luck to all.

#11 turbo234

turbo234

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1033 posts
  • Location:Oak Creek, WI
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

View Poststy0pa, on 02 November 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Which, if you think about it is probably why they don't implement the ability to store soulbound items there, it would directly compete against their cash shop.

blah blah cash shop blah. seriously not everything is because they want us to spend money. Think about how inconvenient it would be to have players in a guild constantly storing soulbound items in the guild bank and you can't do a single thing to them. The whole point of the guild bank is for players to share things, not create another personal bank.

#12 Sans

Sans

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 913 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostTallenn, on 01 November 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Obviously, you didn't get what I was saying.

You can put soulbound items in your personal bank. Your other characters can access the personal bank, but the technology exists so that they can't remove those soulbound items.

There's no reason why it couldn't be allowed to put soulbound and accountbound items into the guild bank, since the technology exists to keep other people and characters from removing them. I.e., they already have the code needed to prevent using a bank to transfer bound items. Right now however, you can't even put bound items into the guild bank, at all.

A lot of people have personal guild banks, including myself, and it would be nice to be able to put my bound items in there, as I'm using it simply as extra bank space, after having earned the influence to get it.

so it wouldn't be a problem if i was in your guild, and felt like filling it with soul bound strong rings, and never took them out?

#13 Iratus Mumbo

Iratus Mumbo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[RAGE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostSans, on 02 November 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

so it wouldn't be a problem if i was in your guild, and felt like filling it with soul bound strong rings, and never took them out?

That's a good question... but I assume I can kick idiots who might do this out of my guild?  I don't have that problem because we are just a few players who wondered if there was a work-around and what other players do to increase storage for the cheapest amount of Gold.  Also, the devs could (if it's not already there) give the leader (me) permissions to assign who (idiots or non-idiots) can insert and/or remove items.

I'm guessing the reason is to that not every person can have a free 50 slot bank after a few weeks of solo play, encouraging you to spend Gold/Gems to help with storage.  Either way, my post was answered so thanks.

#14 Strawberry Nubcake

Strawberry Nubcake

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 683 posts
  • Location:On a boat!
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[ssss]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

It would be stupid to allow people to put stuff bound to their characters or account in the guild bank.  I'm also running a very small guild and the biggest reason I used influence to unlock the guild bank was to give us a way to temporarily stash some junk until we can afford to upgrade our personal banks.  We haven't had a problem with people taking things that don't belong to them, so I don't understand how a guild of two would be having trust issues.

BTW there is a way for guild leaders to specify who can and can't use the guild bank.  I still think allowing people to put soulbound stuff in there would be dumb.  Use your personal bank for that stuff and use the guild bank for the rest.  Tell your friend not to touch the stuff you put on the bottom row or whatever.

#15 Iratus Mumbo

Iratus Mumbo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[RAGE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostStrawberry Nubcake, on 02 November 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

It would be stupid to allow people to put stuff bound to their characters or account in the guild bank.  I'm also running a very small guild and the biggest reason I used influence to unlock the guild bank was to give us a way to temporarily stash some junk until we can afford to upgrade our personal banks.  We haven't had a problem with people taking things that don't belong to them, so I don't understand how a guild of two would be having trust issues.

BTW there is a way for guild leaders to specify who can and can't use the guild bank.  I still think allowing people to put soulbound stuff in there would be dumb.  Use your personal bank for that stuff and use the guild bank for the rest.  Tell your friend not to touch the stuff you put on the bottom row or whatever.

Yeah that would be dumb to not trust your 1 or 2 guildies... I still understand though why the feature isn't available. I was simply asking in my OP if I was just missing something (Like maybe I had to click an option to allow it, etc) and if I wasn't missing something then what were others doing.  Now I know that there are not tricks and people are doing what I knew could be done which is buying bigger bags and another bag slot.  I may do that or I may deal with less space for junk (which I sell when my bags get full).  My whole goal was to find a place to put all my exotic sets of armor (not junk) as those are taking up all my space GRRR! :)

#16 Minami Kaori

Minami Kaori

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 479 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Guild Tag:[MARA]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostIratus Mumbo, on 02 November 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

...... but I guess I'm just cheap and don't want to spend Gold.  I have .... only 100 gold......

I hate when people say things like "I have only 100 gold".

I have 4 bank slots (base one plus 3 opened with gems, bought with dollars), and 2 gold across my entire account. If I had "only" a 100 gold, I'd buy more bank slots no question. Especially if I needed the space as badly as it sounds like you do.

#17 Uhhsam

Uhhsam

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 130 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOO]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostIratus Mumbo, on 02 November 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

That's a good question... but I assume I can kick idiots who might do this out of my guild?
Which brings us to the meat of the problem.  Then what do you do with the items?  Someone could dump their soulbound junk in your guild bank and then leave your guild, leaving you with a cluttered bank you can do nothing about.

#18 RaoulDukeHST

RaoulDukeHST

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 515 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

can people stop it with the "arenanet made it so we can spend real money in the cash shop"?I maxed out character slots,inventory slots,bough 4 bank tabs,mystic stones,a mini pac,transmutation stones,etc,all with in-game gold.

#19 Tallenn

Tallenn

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 570 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Guild Tag:[VII]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostSans, on 02 November 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

so it wouldn't be a problem if i was in your guild, and felt like filling it with soul bound strong rings, and never took them out?
No, because you can't join my guild. It's my personal guild, and I'm not going to invite anyone into it at all. Why would they put in the ability to create a guild all by yourself for a measly 1 silver if they didn't intend to allow people to have a personal guild?

Some of you people act as if I'm exploiting something. The check in the game is it costs influence, which takes quite some time for a solo player to earn that much, but it's not impossible. It's also possible to buy influence with gold, which again, takes time and effort to acquire. It's not even all that big of a savings from buying extra personal bank slots. When I checked it, it was about the same as buying an additional tab. The only difference is the guild bank has 50 slots and the new tab is 30 slots. I'll very likely eventually buy more of those until I hit the max, too. I was just dissapointed when I couldn't use my guild bank, which I had put a lot of effort (and some gold) into getting as I had intended. It'll still be useful, though.

I wasn't asking or expecting A Net to cater to my needs and change the way the things works, either. I was simply pointing out that they already have the ability to keep shared banks from being used to transfer bound items, that's all.

View PostUhhsam, on 02 November 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Which brings us to the meat of the problem.  Then what do you do with the items?  Someone could dump their soulbound junk in your guild bank and then leave your guild, leaving you with a cluttered bank you can do nothing about.
First, I'm not asking for A Net to change anything to accommodate me, I'm jut pointing out part of the issue is already addressed.
Second, do I look like a game designer? Why do we need to figure out how to iron out all the details when we make a suggestion? Isn't that what the developers get paid for?

#20 Iratus Mumbo

Iratus Mumbo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[RAGE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostMinami Kaori, on 02 November 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

I hate when people say things like "I have only 100 gold".

I have 4 bank slots (base one plus 3 opened with gems, bought with dollars), and 2 gold across my entire account. If I had "only" a 100 gold, I'd buy more bank slots no question. Especially if I needed the space as badly as it sounds like you do.

Ah... sorry :/  I just know that there are people a whole lot richer than me out there.  I certainly know people also don't have 100 gold and I also know it takes a lot of time and effort to make that much.  TP has been good to me :)

I'm kind of assuming I'll never get the legendary precursor so that'll run me 350-400 gold right there... A month ago I did a spreadsheet that showed if I never found anything and used gold to buy everything for my legendary GS that I can possibly buy (def not the hard part), I'd need about 700-750 gold (that's down now I'm sure with mat's on TP down in price so very conservative).  I'd love to find a Dusk laying around, but for right now it's looking like gold is going to be the hardest part for me for me personally.  Even if it's only 500 gold, I'm certainly further than 20% along in the karma, SP's, Coins, Map and WvW badges (dungeon runs meh yeah easy and haven't done any yet).

View PostUhhsam, on 02 November 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Which brings us to the meat of the problem.  Then what do you do with the items?  Someone could dump their soulbound junk in your guild bank and then leave your guild, leaving you with a cluttered bank you can do nothing about.

Dunno... I'd hope that if someone leaves a guild their junk goes with ^_^

#21 Minami Kaori

Minami Kaori

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 479 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Guild Tag:[MARA]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostIratus Mumbo, on 02 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Ah... sorry :/  I just know that there are people a whole lot richer than me out there.  I certainly know people also don't have 100 gold and I also know it takes a lot of time and effort to make that much.  TP has been good to me :)


Ehh it's ok... It's just difficult to resign myself to the horrid luck I have in this game. Across 2 characters I've been playing since pre-access, I have had exactly 2 exotics. One of them was for Frostgorge map completion, the other was a Mad King Dungeon chest drop.
Entire Black Lion Salvage kit used up on lvl 77-80 rares, no ecto. Stuff like that.
Might sound like not much, but when everything you touch or get makes it seems like Anet put a "luck block" on your account just for "teh lulz", it gets progressively difficult to be genuinely happy when others swim in awesomeness. :(
Which sucks, cause 2 good friends of mine have had legendary precursors drop for them, another one had Everlasting Halloween tonic drop, one has a Jackalope, and one got the only thing I wanted out of Halloween: The Crossing staff :/
Meanwhile, I'm rationing my 2 gold between 2 characters >_>

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my friend who got the Everlasting Tonic, also got 50 ectos from a random stranger, simply because he liked her character name. Why can't things like this happen to me? xD

/vent

Edited by Minami Kaori, 02 November 2012 - 06:17 PM.


#22 Princess Fatora

Princess Fatora

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Quote

Which, if you think about it is probably why they don't implement the ability to store soulbound items there, it would directly compete against their cash shop.

You do realize that they set the prices, right? if they had wanted to not let them compete, it'd just take the push of a button.

Get more tinfoil, quick!

#23 Ghostwing

Ghostwing

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostTallenn, on 02 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

No, because you can't join my guild. It's my personal guild, and I'm not going to invite anyone into it at all. Why would they put in the ability to create a guild all by yourself for a measly 1 silver if they didn't intend to allow people to have a personal guild?

They didn't intend for guild banks to be personal banks, that's why you can't store soulbound items in there. *shrugs*

Edited by Ghostwing, 02 November 2012 - 07:02 PM.


#24 sevalaricgirl

sevalaricgirl

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 181 posts
  • Location:New York
  • Guild Tag:[TBC]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I honestly don't want personal items in my guild bank.  The only items I allow in there are shared items that can be used by whomever needs them.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users