#31 Korra

Korra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1415 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostOgro, on 05 November 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

I know how my server gets points. We make them happen. Trashpost!

View PostOgro, on 05 November 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Checkmate.

PvDoor.

And i know my english is not flawless, especially not my puntctuation but atleast i don't try something i just can't pull off. Anywyay, I think that's not the point, is it? Admiting your servers gets the points when there are no defenders sums the whole conversation.

#32 Ogro

Ogro

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KAZ]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostKorra, on 05 November 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

PvDoor.

Admiting your servers gets the points when there are no defenders sums the whole conversation.

Man, for a minute there I realised youre just another realm zealot like myself trying to defend their servers pride in the interwebz. I know that feel brah. Im not even mad. But listen, night capping at this point in the brackets is far from PvD, ppl got their nightshifts rollin. trust me. Or trust my endless fight footage, soon to be aired. Last thing we did was to wipe 40 Miller raiders packing at least 2 golems in a flash assault at... 6AM. WE WERE 7. Its on film. We wiped em all. Barely any machines. We´re real and you better acknowledge us.

Bottomline: youre no special snowflake, dont be a sore loser. We earned our respect. Show it.

#33 Zhero

Zhero

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Kale]

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Please don't make this a one-on-one argument about which server is better. Agreed, not too long after release we fought Baruch Bay as well and we won without too much trouble, whilst currently Baruch Bay has a better organised nightteam which makes them win from us. I had actually never heard of Miller's Sound until this saturday, but they prove to be tough opponents as well. I think that everyone can see that we as Far Shiverpeaks really miss the Russian guilds that left, but I have faith that after a while we will start climbing the ranks again.

As a matter of fact, I think I've had my best WvW time since release yesterday (sunday) during the 12:00 pm - 17:00 pm timeframe. It was mostly TNA members under the command of Eccentric and Caic (FS players will probably know them), but we were a strike force of about 25 people and in EB we fended off huge 40+ Miller's Sounds attacks on two towers at the same time for multiple times and in Baruch Bay Borderlands we got thrown insane numbers of Baruch Bay players at us while going deep into their territory and we didn't get wiped one single time. I loved how our commanders organised big flanking moves with the mesmer portals and as I said, it probably was my best time in WvW since release.

Edited by Zhero, 05 November 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#34 sagasaint

sagasaint

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

As a spanish player I must say Im greatly enjoying this match

feels good not being invariably doubleteamed by 2 FR servers on alliances by default, for a change.

#35 Dalure

Dalure

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FG]

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostAthletic, on 03 November 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

I hope FS doesn't end up like Desolation was untill it got US help with every1 just ditching WvW, because I have a lot of friends play on that server.

You forget that its not only US help it is more of a server accomplishment cuz everyone was finally working together......yes we got almost a 24/7 cover but the problem with Deso back in the sad days was no one was working together and all were bitching too much. Now becuz of the help of good guilds like Iron making a good alliance and FG making a good alliance we made it work.......and yes RUIN is a big help on the other timelines.

Keywords: Work Together.

Edited by Dalure, 05 November 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#36 Kraken

Kraken

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[RG]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostZhero, on 05 November 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Please don't make this a one-on-one argument about which server is better. Agreed, not too long after release we fought Baruch Bay as well and we won without too much trouble, whilst currently Baruch Bay has a better organised nightteam which makes them win from us. I had actually never heard of Miller's Sound until this saturday, but they prove to be tough opponents as well. I think that everyone can see that we as Far Shiverpeaks really miss the Russian guilds that left, but I have faith that after a while we will start climbing the ranks again.

As a matter of fact, I think I've had my best WvW time since release yesterday (sunday) during the 12:00 pm - 17:00 pm timeframe. It was mostly TNA members under the command of Eccentric and Caic (FS players will probably know them), but we were a strike force of about 25 people and in EB we fended off huge 40+ Miller's Sounds attacks on two towers at the same time for multiple times and in Baruch Bay Borderlands we got thrown insane numbers of Baruch Bay players at us while going deep into their territory and we didn't get wiped one single time. I loved how our commanders organised big flanking moves with the mesmer portals and as I said, it probably was my best time in WvW since release.

If it wasnt for that troll that pissed me off I was gonna post that I think I had my best WvW night (overall) saturday to sunday arround 23:00 to 06:00. Endless fights, good defenses, good attacks, good outnumbered fights, good big fights, good small fights... It was a fantastic night and I want to thank all the 3 servers for it.

Looking good this week, its gonna be tight.  I think the three servers will lose something as points are harder to gain than in previous match-ups

#37 Korra

Korra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Well i gotta say i enjoyed this weekend too, one of the ebst i had so far,  balanced dayfights and fun attacks and defenses, Nuke did a pretty good job holding us from taking Hills in FSB Sunday afternoon.

#38 Kalmeb

Kalmeb

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CoO]

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Doesn't it feel better when we're being nice to each other? Either way I hope we can have more great match-ups with other servers in the future like this one.

#39 Kraken

Kraken

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I think this is  a good bracket to be on: no excesive queues and good fights.

#40 bajin

bajin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostKraken, on 05 November 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I think this is  a good bracket to be on: no excesive queues and good fights.

yea, until nighttime when your zergs outnumber the other servers by 5:1 ratio. somewhat lame.

Edited by bajin, 07 November 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#41 krentar

krentar

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Guild Tag:[UTPA]
  • Server:Baruch Bay

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Dont worry son go to sleep because in just 4-5 hours willl be your zerging time.

#42 Capsigrany

Capsigrany

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

View Postbajin, on 07 November 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

yea, until nighttime when your zergs outnumber the other servers by 5:1 ratio. somewhat lame.

I think your missunderstanding of the mean of a 24/7 war will be your passport to te bottom of the rank.  
Please, don't /cry, don't loose the respect MS won in the battlefields.

#43 bajin

bajin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

View Postkrentar, on 07 November 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

Dont worry son go to sleep because in just 4-5 hours willl be your zerging time.

in our zerg time theres still shiverpeaks we have to deal with, while your opponents are NPC guards and keep doors.

View PostCapsigrany, on 07 November 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

I think your missunderstanding of the mean of a 24/7 war will be your passport to te bottom of the rank.  
Please, don't /cry, don't loose the respect MS won in the battlefields.

our misunderstanding of  a 24/7 war is the understanding of a real life which begins the following morning.

#44 Purepwnage

Purepwnage

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VoTF]

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

We've been nightcapped against for 6 weeks, making our morale plummet and our russians taking the easy way out, going for Blacktide. Its a part of the game and probably still will be, so either you gotta adapt to it if you wanna stay in the top2 tiers or just fall down to a tier where its not much of a problem. Youre not gonna fall to bottom rank if you dont have a nightcapping crew, but probably you belong in tier3-4-5. Its gonna be even worse in the top 2 tiers MS :)

Its a legit tactic that you gotta blame Anet for. I too feel kinda sad that someones work 3 hour at a night is worth 10x times more than what you're able to do primetime, but I guess thats the way the game rolls...

#45 bajin

bajin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

i don't blame the baruch players themselves, if we had the manpower at nighttime we'd to the same supposedly. it's just frustrating to fight for points all day knowing you'll lose everything over night when there is zero chance to defend. if this is the way the game rolls, i would rather play fair "eye to eye"- battles in lower brackets, really.

#46 Capsigrany

Capsigrany

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostPurepwnage, on 07 November 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Its a legit tactic that you gotta blame Anet for. I too feel kinda sad that someones work 3 hour at a night is worth 10x times more than what you're able to do primetime, but I guess thats the way the game rolls...

You are wrong at this point. It isn't a tactic. It's a cultural fact. I dinner at 22:00, and play after dinner.
Prime time in Spain is 21:00-02:00
At your prime time there are many children connected in Spain (of course, there are also adult people, but are outnumbered by children).

#47 Capsigrany

Capsigrany

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

View Postbajin, on 07 November 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

i don't blame the baruch players themselves, if we had the manpower at nighttime we'd to the same supposedly. it's just frustrating to fight for points all day knowing you'll lose everything over night when there is zero chance to defend. if this is the way the game rolls, i would rather play fair "eye to eye"- battles in lower brackets, really.

How many players of Baruch do you find between 8:00 and 13:00? Almost nobody.
We lost in the morning what we conquered in the night. MS takes empty BB towers in the morning as BB takes empty towers in the night.

Our night is our strongness and our morming is our weakness. We know it.

#48 sagasaint

sagasaint

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Im a spanish player and I dislike nightcapping by principles, but my server is on a clear disadvantage when it comes to most matchups and our night crew is the only thing holding us onto the T3 positions.

you wouldnt believe the things we have to witness matchup after matchup when our 2 other foes are same nation servers (2xFR or 2xDE)...in the case of the frenchs its specially insulting how incredibly obvious they are, germans OTOH usually have the good taste of realizing when it became disgusting after a certain point and let it rest.

as long as our foes happen to be servers from the same nationality, we are constantly involved in a 2v1 fight the very same minute the weekly matchup starts.
we are first? the other 2 gang on us
we are second? the other 2 still gang on us
we are last? the other 2 keep ganging on us

people keep saying how this kind of alliances based on nationality are all false and act all offended...come to BB for a day I say, and look what the foes in our typical matchups do...

thats the reason why Im digging his matchup and enjoying it so inmensely...because the other 2 guys are hitting each others as much as they hit us, dont come to the rescue of the other when an orb is in danger (actually, I LOVE that they removed orbs), dont treb our towers from 2 sides, and dont let the other server freecap garrison when, after a 30 minute long battle, we are about to take it from the other door.

honestly, the only reason why the top 6 isnt all FR servers is probably just lack of sheer manpower to fill them all...the amount of coordination they have to cooperate among them against an "external" enemy is simply out of this world.

so, long story short. in a perfect world nightcapping wouldnt exist. but in a perfect world we wouldnt be the only tagged server that doesnt have another same-nationality servers to ally with by default.

I wish ANet came up with an idea to remove the nightcapping and force servers to fight a 3-way fight instead of lame arrangements when your target isnt even the dominating force and the biggest threat to eliminate.
so far, they havent
so ANet gifted us an imperfect world to live in and we'r trying to make the best we can out of it

Edited by sagasaint, 07 November 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#49 Purepwnage

Purepwnage

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Okey, might have chosen the wrong words there then, but you probably get my point :)

Edit: And I doubt 6 FR servers would top the tiers since its no way they can get as much coverage as a EU server, you're just seeing some EU servers getting organized with night/morning crews, big one that is, that the FR servers cant match as they cant recruit as widely as EU servers. I think VS will fall to 3th place next week with Blacktide coming up, and Arborstone will have moved down by then :)

Edited by Purepwnage, 07 November 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#50 Dalure

Dalure

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FG]

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostPurepwnage, on 07 November 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Okey, might have chosen the wrong words there then, but you probably get my point :)

Edit: And I doubt 6 FR servers would top the tiers since its no way they can get as much coverage as a EU server, you're just seeing some EU servers getting organized with night/morning crews, big one that is, that the FR servers cant match as they cant recruit as widely as EU servers. I think VS will fall to 3th place next week with Blacktide coming up, and Arborstone will have moved down by then :)

I mentioned this a few times.....so i totally agree with you mate.
I am looking forward to see Blacktide in T1.
Desolation is ready for you hehe.

#51 Purepwnage

Purepwnage

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Im from Far Shiverpeaks so good luck with your meeting, but we probably wont meet in quite a while :)

#52 Theagenes

Theagenes

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[UTPA]

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Postsagasaint, on 07 November 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Im a spanish player and I dislike nightcapping by principles, but my server is on a clear disadvantage when it comes to most matchups and our night crew is the only thing holding us onto the T3 positions.

you wouldnt believe the things we have to witness matchup after matchup when our 2 other foes are same nation servers (2xFR or 2xDE)...in the case of the frenchs its specially insulting how incredibly obvious they are, germans OTOH usually have the good taste of realizing when it became disgusting after a certain point and let it rest.

as long as our foes happen to be servers from the same nationality, we are constantly involved in a 2v1 fight the very same minute the weekly matchup starts.
we are first? the other 2 gang on us
we are second? the other 2 still gang on us
we are last? the other 2 keep ganging on us

people keep saying how this kind of alliances based on nationality are all false and act all offended...come to BB for a day I say, and look what the foes in our typical matchups do...

thats the reason why Im digging his matchup and enjoying it so inmensely...because the other 2 guys are hitting each others as much as they hit us, dont come to the rescue of the other when an orb is in danger (actually, I LOVE that they removed orbs), dont treb our towers from 2 sides, and dont let the other server freecap garrison when, after a 30 minute long battle, we are about to take it from the other door.

honestly, the only reason why the top 6 isnt all FR servers is probably just lack of sheer manpower to fill them all...the amount of coordination they have to cooperate among them against an "external" enemy is simply out of this world.

so, long story short. in a perfect world nightcapping wouldnt exist. but in a perfect world we wouldnt be the only tagged server that doesnt have another same-nationality servers to ally with by default.

I wish ANet came up with an idea to remove the nightcapping and force servers to fight a 3-way fight instead of lame arrangements when your target isnt even the dominating force and the biggest threat to eliminate.
so far, they havent
so ANet gifted us an imperfect world to live in and we'r trying to make the best we can out of it

Another Baruchian here.....i cant state how much i agree with Sagasaint. We lose on the morning what we conquer during the night, and trust me, i would rather have it the other way around. We conquer keeps and towers but then we dont get to use them to defend.
And btw,its been 3 days in a row that i fight outnumbered against Miller in their homemap.
I, for instance, play for Utopia, one of the major clans, and during the night we are all but one from Spain, so i dont know about the rest of the clans, but i dont think it has so much to do with Latin America as it has to do with our cultural differences, we love the night, either to party, to game or to study, but we are used to it.

P.S.: Whats happening right now with FS??? Jeeeeeez, some of those T1/T2 habits are coming back to life?

#53 Kraken

Kraken

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Epic BB Fortress 4 hour defense. Very nice night!

#54 GonzoHeadpipe

GonzoHeadpipe

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NW]

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

I have been on FS since launch and we did indeed have some good times until other servers adapted to the metagame whilst we were happy owning primetime. Nightcapping is the most effective tactic in WvW and until FS get some people in that slot we will never get back into the top tiers... but I'm OK with that.

I would love to say that this matchup has provided me "the best time in WvW" like I always hear but sadly it hasn't. The level of competition at primetime from BB is pretty woeful. I don't mean numbers but player skill - which is pretty lacking. It is maybe as stated - a lot of younger players on at this time so fair enough.

I do agree with the comments above regards Spanish primetimes. I have been to Spain a lot and love the place and it certainly is their culture to be up late into the night. Perhaps this is when the best calibre of player is online and it is a shame that they do not face the best of FS to create some epic battles.

We understand on FS that we will drop another tier but that it makes no difference. We would rather fight players than doors and IMO we are still the best even vs even number warriors in WvW and on the whole the primetime numbers prove us out. I'm pretty sure even all the servers we faced in T1 agreed on the last point.

#55 AstralPhoenix777

AstralPhoenix777

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoF]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

I've just taken this screenshot at 3:20am GMT, with Baruch Bay controlling almost everything in all Borderlands and about 95% of EB:

http://i1121.photobu...9Nov2012Map.jpg
http://i1121.photobu...ov2012Stats.jpg

Whatever the case, there is definitely a nightcapping problem here, probably from Spanish-speaking Central and Southern American players playing on this EU server. We had a similar problem with Vizunah Square and French-Canadians, and with Desolation using RUIN Gaming (a US-based guild). As a result of being continually nightcapped for weeks on end, most of our WvW-focused guilds have left. A real shame ArenaNet don't seem to want to do anything about this enormous problem that is making WvW very uncompetitive.

Gonzo was correct; on release Far Shiverpeaks was the match of any server out there; now with our WvW guilds gone (mostly to Desolation and Blacktide) Far Shiverpeaks is a mere shadow of its former self.

#56 Chike

Chike

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Yeah, they def have LA players, but that's understandable since Barucha is the only Spanish server in GW2, there's an unofficial LA server, that's where most LA guilds went but  any solo or small group of players, that only speak Spanish would probably go to barucha.

But that's on Anet for only making one Spanish server.

Edited by Chike, 09 November 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#57 Capsigrany

Capsigrany

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

View PostChike, on 09 November 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

Yeah, they def have LA players, but that's understandable since Barucha is the only Spanish server in GW2, there's an unofficial LA server, that's where most LA guilds went but  any solo or small group of players, that only speak Spanish would probably go to barucha.

I don't know how many american players are playing at BB. But, at least late night in BB border lands, there aren't american players (or they don't chat xD). American players, even chatting in spanish, have their own words and pseudo-grammar, like spanish people have our own pseudo-grammar and words. American spanish and european spanish are quite different.
I found 2 southamericans in my last guild, but they were living in Spain.
It would be possible to exist american guilds, but if they are there, they don't chat. I think they would have too much lag to play in BB, but if they want to play in BB they are welcome.

Edited by Capsigrany, 09 November 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#58 Twisted Kaos

Twisted Kaos

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DW]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

My Weekly recap of the match-up.....

All in all It was a good week, I got to be front and center in alot of big fun battles. One of which was in Miller's Borderland towards the begening of the week. BB and FS where both fighting to take control over a keep owned by Miller's. BB was attacking the keep from the west and FS hitting from the east. After about an hour of succesful defending by Miller's the keep was reduced to rubble. Literally no walls were left standing which led to BB getting the final cap. However FS never fully intended to take the keep it was a ploy to keep both Miller's and BB off our backs while we worked with smaller teams caping else where.

Next week BB will be moving up a teir,  FS knowS what the compatition is like being in an upper tier. To be quit honest I wasent to impressed with BB's tactics or game play. I dont think they have a chance in Tier 2 and will drop back down to Tier 3 the following week. The only thing BB has going for them is there night time number's.

Miller's has been on a steady uprise over the past 3 weeks and have proved themselves to be a formatable foe. I did however expect to see alot more out of them. Before the week began I thought they were going to come in and sweep both FS and BB.  I believe that they will continue to remain a T3 server untill they can get more involved in WvW to help out their night raiders. Over all they had pretty sound tactics and defense.

Far Shiverpeak's, my home in the virtualwebz. Weve continued to drop since the meta game worked against us, and will again this week. I am still conviced that we are one of the most volitile servers out there and can hang with any T1 or T2 server during our peak hours. We suffer presicly during night time 0100-0700. There is alot of effort being put into our server to try and get us back up where we belong. We need to focus on where we hurt the most (no night time coverage). For next weeks match-up If things stay the way they are now we are going to be neck and neck with Kodash. T4 will be our final resting place untill we can get things back together.

I wish the best of luck to BB and Miller's.

Edited by Twisted Kaos, 09 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#59 bajin

bajin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

just happy BB left our bracket. at least one week without these night zerglings.

#60 Capsigrany

Capsigrany

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

View Postbajin, on 09 November 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

just happy BB left our bracket. at least one week without these night zerglings.

Sorry, but let me show you the more incomig hours graph of last match of Seafarer's Rest:

http://mos.millenium.../servers/view/9

Good luck with their nightcapping ;)

Edited by Capsigrany, 09 November 2012 - 03:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users