Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[RG]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostTwisted Kaos, on 09 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

I am still conviced that we are one of the most volitile servers out there and can hang with any T1 or T2 server during our peak hours

Not one time did I witness Miller's use any exploits, I did however witness BB using the mesmer exploit to get into Ascolonian Bay. Nice try Duende. Everyone knows BB is a weak server but when you get 5 sissy's vs 1 bad mofo, even the bad mofo is going to have a fight on his hands.

P.S. If i dont like your english its becouse you have the grammer level of a snail. AND ONE! KAOS OUT!

http://mos.millenium.../servers/view/4

As income evolution shows, your server had the highest score during our weekly matchup some 2 hours a day the 2 weekend days. Never again did you lead in point income, but for some exceptional minutes.

Even your leads are not huge in the numbers max 300 so points. During week days your server also scratches some points from 8am to 12pm, where im sure you found outstanding resistance and hordes of enemys.

You live in a dream. Wake up.

Edited by Kraken, 09 November 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#62 Dokem

Dokem

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWH]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Of course there are latin american players in BB but most of us play in US servers, the main one being Sorrow's Furnace.

From my country (Chile) I get 150 ms latency to US servers and 300ms latency to EU servers. That's the main reason why you don't see us latin americans moving to BB in larger numbers.

#63 Theagenes

Theagenes

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[UTPA]
  • Server:Baruch Bay

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thanks to our fellow compañeros from South American proving us right on the fact that most players, (and based on my experience thats about 90%) of the players in BB are based in Spain, despite which country they come from.

I also think that disrrespecting a server  that has beaten you by 50k or by 90k says very little of yourself. It says even less when put into consideration the fact that you call us "players without skills" , "mindless zerg" and so on, but anyway, since i AM a good sports, congrats to FS and MS for this fun week and we'll see each other again.

#64 bajin

bajin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostTheagenes, on 09 November 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

[...] we'll see each other again.

please dear god, dont let this happen.

#65 AstralPhoenix777

AstralPhoenix777

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoF]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Well, we've now been relegated again, so let's see how we do in tier 4. Fates of the universe be willing, we won't have such a problem with night-capping this time around, and there might actually be an even contest.

I find it funny that ArenaNet states they want "every player's time to be considered equal", when clearly night-cappers are far more valuable to their servers than prime-time players. If we presume 100 players nightcap the entirety of all 4 maps, even just for 4 hours, as Baruch Bay did last night; that equates to 695 pts every 15 minutes, multiplied by 16 to represent 4 hours, then divided by 100 gives each player a value of 111.2 pts in that time-frame. De facto, this could equate to as little as an hour's work (maybe even less) if we assume some rotation between players on the server doing the night-capping.

If on the other hand, 300 prime-time players play for 4 hours solid, and take their fair share of 1/3 of each map, they score 231.67 pts per 15 minutes over the same 4 hours, at a final average of 12.36 pts per player, and they probably have to play a lot longer and fight a lot harder for those same points.

So nightcappers are approximately 9 times more valuable than prime-time players in this example, and they have to do less work for it. No wonder the night-capping servers are in the top tiers.

I don't blame the players on those servers for doing it though, especially the French-Canadians who had to roll on Vizunah for language reasons. The only group I explicitly disliked were RUIN Gaming, who clearly came to Desolation server to deliberately nightcap, despite what they said on their website. Their excuse that they were looking for "more competitive WvW than American servers could provide" was a joke. Did they all plan on getting up at 8am US-time to join in on EU prime-time? Surely most of the have work/school/college?

But the crux of the issue lies with ArenaNet, not the nightcappers. Expecting people not to take advantage of free server transfers to nightcap is the equivalent of ANet leaving a pile of gold bars out unattended in the middle of the street and expecting nobody to steal them.  ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users