Nikkle

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Work]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostThe Lady In Red, on 08 November 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Let SoS have +695 so IOJ and SoR can be done with them.
You'll get to face Blackgate.

It's more dependant on Blackgate tanking in their match then how well SoS does. SoS rating going into this was 100+ points over SoR and IoJ. We don't gain too many points for winning the match, even by a large margin. +695 probably could do it though. Maybe SBI and JQ could focus on taking BG's income away. That would be great guys :)

Edited by Nikkle, 08 November 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#393 Jacbo

Jacbo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[RUN]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostNikkle, on 08 November 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

It's more dependant on Blackgate tanking in their match then how well SoS does. SoS rating going into this was 100+ points over SoR and IoJ. We don't gain too many points for winning the match, even by a large margin. +695 probably could do it though. Maybe SBI and JQ could focus on taking BG's income away. That would be great guys :)

This is how it should be though. The goal of the system should be no tier mobility because every match is so close that rating gains fluctuate from week to week. It used to be for a time that anyone who won a match was nearly guaranteed to be in the next tier the following week, and anyone who lost was guaranteed to drop. Now servers have to prove that they are considerably better than their current competition consistently in order to move up, and likewise other servers have to prove they simply can't compete to move down. It is how it should be.

#394 Arctix

Arctix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TL]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostKurthos, on 08 November 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

SoS BL? Only ATac and RMA? :)

Posted Image

Is that a Trick-Or-Treat bag? Awesome.

#395 jaec

jaec

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostNexusMav, on 08 November 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

No one guild can claim success for SoS. Everything we do is a team effort involving constant communication/cooperation between all the guilds in AoI ([WORK], [DR], [OnS], [VI], [NeX], & [ATac]). Plus, it doesn't hurt to have TSym, PRX, and FoE to get our backs either :)
Agreed? no. Sos was just an unofficial oceanic server before PRX transfer. IOJ could roll over all BLs from sos. PrX`s transfer did make the success of sos, never the sos native guild. Just their number and 24 hour coverage already an advantage in wvw. they got your back? u guys are just being carried.
Somehow we fight sos, PRX is mentioned the most and the only. whenever i fight sos, even there is like only few prx in the zerg, we still yell out prx coming. not others, no.

#396 Luthor Huss

Luthor Huss

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

View Postjaec, on 09 November 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

Agreed? no. Sos was just an unofficial oceanic server before PRX transfer. IOJ could roll over all BLs from sos. PrX`s transfer did make the success of sos, never the sos native guild. Just their number and 24 hour coverage already an advantage in wvw. they got your back? u guys are just being carried.
Somehow we fight sos, PRX is mentioned the most and the only. whenever i fight sos, even there is like only few prx in the zerg, we still yell out prx coming. not others, no.

Oh hi there, person who made his account today. You clearly speak the truth and this is not some butthurt rant from a sorry loser.

edit:- Also, how bad is your server if just one guild can pound you into the ground? yea sure PRX are impressive and we would not be here had it not been for the infulx of guilds, but it works both ways.

They alone can't carry an entire server. A point made very clear when our oceanics rallied form their candy corn hangover in the T3 to move past Rall on the final day. So we wouldn't be in this match up had it not been for the said "carried" oceanics.

I smile when you call our guilds and players zergs, noobs, pugs, etc, cause the fact is, at the end of the day, you're being beaten by zergs, noobs and pugs. You're only making yourselves look worse.

Edited by Zomious, 09 November 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#397 crowea

crowea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

I think it funny people are so intimidated by PRX.

I suppose if people want to focus on them and ignore the other super NA guilds we have playing, let alone the several hundred Oceanics that get on most nights, fine with me. They don't get the teamwork that is happening on SoS.

#398 Wraithpk

Wraithpk

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ONS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

PRX only rolls on one map.  Even if they held everything in their map completely, which they don't, they would still lose miserably without all the other guilds on our server fighting in the other 3 maps.  In fact, the Axis of Insurrection alliance is larger than PrX.  Although we're separate guilds (ATaC, VI, DR, Work, Ons, and Nex), our leaders are in constant communication with each other, so we coordinate all our efforts.

#399 jaec

jaec

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostZomious, on 09 November 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

Oh hi there, person who made his account today. You clearly speak the truth and this is not some butthurt rant from a sorry loser.

edit:- Also, how bad is your server if just one guild can pound you into the ground? yea sure PRX are impressive and we would not be here had it not been for the infulx of guilds, but it works both ways.

They alone can't carry an entire server. A point made very clear when our oceanics rallied form their candy corn hangover in the T3 to move past Rall on the final day. So we wouldn't be in this match up had it not been for the said "carried" oceanics.

I smile when you call our guilds and players zergs, noobs, pugs, etc, cause the fact is, at the end of the day, you're being beaten by zergs, noobs and pugs. You're only making yourselves look worse.
i made the account coz i never really involved in this forum and did not bother to post unti i saw this guy bragging his own guild and now prx and tysm became their support. long ago they cried for no NA presence and they got beaten hard. when prx joined, sos native(oceanic) now act like they are good and `oh we trash u all we rolled ur map over` <- dude u basically just pvdoor there is no oceanic presence in sor and na in ioj.
and funny u r damn proud of that.
and yeah u rolled over sor map but it was only after prx leader expressed their disappointment and `threaten` to leave. admit or not its up to u.
and u think we feel threaten by prx? yes thats right because they are better fighter than you all.

#400 Luthor Huss

Luthor Huss

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

View Postjaec, on 09 November 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

i made the account coz i never really involved in this forum and did not bother to post unti i saw this guy bragging his own guild and now prx and tysm became their support. long ago they cried for no NA presence and they got beaten hard. when prx joined, sos native(oceanic) now act like they are good and `oh we trash u all we rolled ur map over` <- dude u basically just pvdoor there is no oceanic presence in sor and na in ioj.
and funny u r damn proud of that.
and yeah u rolled over sor map but it was only after prx leader expressed their disappointment and `threaten` to leave. admit or not its up to u.
and u think we feel threaten by prx? yes thats right because they are better fighter than you all.

The sheer amount of stupidity is hilarious here.

First of all, the oceanics thumping their chests saying it's just them and not the NAs or the newly x-fered guilds are just flat out trolling and you have to be an idiot to believe them. Like I said before, it works both ways.

Secondly, It's not our fault that no one shows up to fight us because we live in the "wrong" time zone. What do you want us to do? just sit out and let NA players duke it out yes? No thanks.

But hey, like the guy above said, keep underestimating us and we'll enjoy all the bitching and moaning while you get your shit kicked in from both sides, even if you choose not to believe in it.

Edited by Zomious, 09 November 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#401 The Lady In Red

The Lady In Red

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Yeah, PRX alone did everything, you're right.

#402 jaec

jaec

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

View PostWraithpk, on 09 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

PRX only rolls on one map.  Even if they held everything in their map completely, which they don't, they would still lose miserably without all the other guilds on our server fighting in the other 3 maps.  In fact, the Axis of Insurrection alliance is larger than PrX.  Although we're separate guilds (ATaC, VI, DR, Work, Ons, and Nex), our leaders are in constant communication with each other, so we coordinate all our efforts.
sorry i dont know the alliance. alliance is bigger than prx the guild, i dont see the reason u want to emphasize that.
prx presence in 3 maps concentrate on one map as i could see. they have numbers they have tactics not just mindless zerg.
during oceanic time sos can just knock the gate and enter. when asian players come online, sos lost both ioj and sor to both server. so where is the socalled strong oceanic guilds of sos? just hiding in sos bl where no other servers want to go due to serious outmanned?

#403 The Lady In Red

The Lady In Red

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostZomious, on 09 November 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

(o.O)

Okay the discussion just reached a whole new level of crazy. I'am out. You win.

Takes a great man to walk away from stupidity.

#404 Linfang

Linfang

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2362 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

So my guild went against Team Legacy last night. Was a ton of fun. Lots of tactics going on with both sides, especially Mesmer portals . I did not know where I was getting teleported to half the time but it was sure fun.

#405 Treble

Treble

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2239 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Lol. It appears PRX is SoS's version of SBI's WM.

#406 Meldios

Meldios

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CoF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostHennet, on 08 November 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Why is SBI and JQQ Letting blackgate cap stuff! Do they not want to face SoS? :P

The sky is falling! JQQ and SBI got together on a massive voip server and decided to give everything to red to save the planet.

Derp.

#407 PvPD00R

PvPD00R

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

SoS loves its Oceanics!

#408 Killminusnine

Killminusnine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postjaec, on 09 November 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

sorry i dont know the alliance. alliance is bigger than prx the guild, i dont see the reason u want to emphasize that.
prx presence in 3 maps concentrate on one map as i could see. they have numbers they have tactics not just mindless zerg.
during oceanic time sos can just knock the gate and enter. when asian players come online, sos lost both ioj and sor to both server. so where is the socalled strong oceanic guilds of sos? just hiding in sos bl where no other servers want to go due to serious outmanned?

You're actually wrong about everything that you said here (and much of what you said in previous posts).

That's pretty crazy when you think about it... its really hard to be wrong about everything.  You're amazingly consistent.

#409 Mithrull

Mithrull

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSYM]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

PRX is a great guild and I enjoy running with them when on the same map. They are not as big as you say though. They could probably be on two maps and SoS would "win" the maps most nights but I think they'd rather try to dominate one at a time.

#410 Orikx

Orikx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostKillminusnine, on 09 November 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

You're actually wrong about everything that you said here (and much of what you said in previous posts).

That's pretty crazy when you think about it... its really hard to be wrong about everything.  You're amazingly consistent.

Better to be consistent then right is what I always say.  lol

Oh and looking forward to this weeks rematch. Though we don't have he coverage to beat SoS it is always great fights when I am on.

Edited by Orikx, 09 November 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#411 wrek

wrek

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Guild Tag:[____]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Some pretty pictures to look at if you're in T1 or T2 this week (and next).
Read them however you like.  Sources are score postings at http://mos.millenium.org/matchups and guild member counts submitted by members at: http://www.gw2guilds.org/

Attached File  oimg (1).png   12.37K   182 downloads
Attached File  oimg (2).png   11.55K   274 downloads
Attached File  oimg.png   12.21K   208 downloads

#412 Lalnuir

Lalnuir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

That bottom graph is weird, no way sor has more players on than sos during oceanic prime time.

Also IoJ pvdooring their way victory on sor map! Who needs to save golems and rams for reset anyway!

Edited by Lalnuir, 09 November 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#413 wrek

wrek

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Guild Tag:[____]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostLalnuir, on 09 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

That bottom graph is weird, no way sor has more players on than sos during oceanic prime time.

Also IoJ pvdooring their way victory on sor map! Who needs to save golems and rams for reset anyway!

The last graph's accuracy relies upon the accuracy of the data at gw2 guilds.org.  The other two are based on the data at the Millennium site.

#414 Ravenseye

Ravenseye

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Mal]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

I was there when SoS rolled over the SoR server, it is true that there were not many SoR people on that map at the time, I know this because there is something wrong when all the commanders on the map yell out for everyone to defend one place and about 15 people show up, but SoS did play masterfully, when they were attacking Dreadfall  they sent another large force around to take Bluevale and started attacking the other gate and making sure no defender could get in, this effectively cut off supply and any reinforcements and at the same time they had another large force taking the IoJ side, was very interesting to witness.

#415 The Lady In Red

The Lady In Red

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

View Postwrek, on 09 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

The last graph's accuracy relies upon the accuracy of the data at gw2 guilds.org.  The other two are based on the data at the Millennium site.

gw2guilds.org is completely inaccurate.

#416 Tzu Qui Jinn

Tzu Qui Jinn

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2736 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CAMP]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Sactum of Rall played horibad this week, I think this is due having dominated in weeks prior with no real challenger. SoS can be beaten, but not without better teamwork, commanders who actually understand tactics, and less commanders overall. Looking forward to tonights matchup.

#417 Hennet

Hennet

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

REMINDER! MAtch starts an hour earlier than usual, which means 4:00 PST (7:00 EST)...

New thread is up: http://www.guildwars...-the-of-110912/

#418 Orikx

Orikx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostTzu Qui Jinn, on 09 November 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Sactum of Rall played horibad this week, I think this is due having dominated in weeks prior with no real challenger. SoS can be beaten, but not without better teamwork, commanders who actually understand tactics, and less commanders overall. Looking forward to tonights matchup.

We faced SoS just two weeks ago and had a similar result except that as SoS did more PvE later in the week we came back a little. So the difference couldn't have been that we were used to dominating.

The biggest difference is this is the first time we had a third server that actually showed up at times. Two weeks ago it was a 1v1 as ET didn't even really show up Friday night. It was a fight for who could sweep ET off the map the fastest and hold their stuff. This week IoJ had more points by Sunday then ET did the entire week that we faced SoS the first time.

We obviously have weak times slots that hopefully we'll continue to fill and we didn't do as good of a job fighting a two front war as we could of. We are a growing server and need some practice. So commanders haven't seen much of the tactics you face in a T1 and T2 matchup. Hell even SoS was still learning when we faced them the first time. We will continue to adapt and grow as a server while we fill time slots. Honestly I don't think we have the coverage to stop SoS yet but we can have some great fights when we are on in the mean time.

We still had a couple borderlands that had short queues last night so that is a good sign that even when we can't win we are coming out to fight.

#419 Sirandar

Sirandar

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostHennet, on 09 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

REMINDER! MAtch starts an hour earlier than usual, which means 4:00 PST (7:00 EST)...

*groan*  2 hr queue here I come   :(

#420 Marrett

Marrett

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ZN]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostSirandar, on 09 November 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

*groan*  2 hr queue here I come   :(
you mean 4-6 hour queues :P