• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 talisk3

talisk3

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I rolled a thief and absolutely love their dps they're tons of fun to play.
My problem, and it's really affecting my leveling speed, is that I die a LOT. Is this just me missing my dodges/not using them enough?

I'm using a D/D btw to level if that matters

#2 Vysander

Vysander

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[UNS]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, if you're asking if your not dodging enough, then thats probably a good chunk of it.

Are you going power/prec or condi dmg for leveling? (Condi dmg + Death blossom can make leveling very easy)

Due to the thief being very squishy you often will have to only pull 1-3 mobs until you get the feel of the class and get some more skills that allow for faster killing or more avoidance.

#3 Scizzor

Scizzor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

While I was leveling my thief, I did die a lot as well. (I refused to buy new armor even if it was using karma.. unless I absolute had to.. lol) I also was not so good at dodging. Now that I'm level 80, I don't die too much. I believe it's because I'm better at doging also because of the traits/utilites I have. The escape utilities thieves have are ridiculous. You must also learn that D/D is not always a good choice (especially if your bad at dodging!). Kiting is your friend when your using a shortbow. Try it if you haven't already.

I play in WvW now, and I rarely die unless I get spiked or if I keep getting immbolized and don't react quick enough. Stealth + shadowstepping + lots of doges = insanely hard for foes to get you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users