9 replies to this topic

#1 Fade_Guin

Fade_Guin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Did this ever get fixed? I did a little searching on the forums, and didn't really see anything definitive. Some claiming the #4 rune proc does work now on attack, some saying it's when you are hit, and of course, no mention on whether the #3 rune (+50 power) is properly applied.

I'm currently running 4 ruby orbs and 2 beryl orbs instead of runes, and while I'd lose 12% critical damage, having the fury/might/swiftness buff often sounds pretty nice. I'd also gain 45 power, and 44 precision as a result.

I know the Scholar runes are a higher boost to damage, but I'm looking to add a little utility/survival etc. to my gear.

I'd like to hear from anyone that's done definitive tests to see if they fixed this.

Thanks.

edit: I did a simple test for the +50 power in the spvp area, and it still doesn't add 50 power.

Edited by Fade_Guin, 02 November 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#2 Danariel

Danariel

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

I was unaware of this bug until earlier this morning, but I run them on my Ranger, and I can state definitively that the +50 (#3 rune) isn't applied, and the #4 procs on hit as opposed to on attack. Dammit. I really can't afford nearly 3 gold apiece for 6 new runes! Ooh, make that 12 for both armor sets. :'(

#3 Kutsus

Kutsus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

They claimed it got fixed in the 10/22 patch notes, but it was a lie. It does not proc on attack (still only procs when you are hit) and still doesn't add +50 power on the 3 set bonus. I logged in and tested the moment those patch notes went live b/c I've been wanting to use this runeset.

Edited by Kutsus, 02 November 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#4 Fade_Guin

Fade_Guin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

I spent about 20 minutes in the pvp mists testing to see if the proc would go off, and I didn't see one proc. I'd have to say it has to be on hit, or it isn't proccing on dummies.

edit: I run a P/P + SB build in WvW, and with the multiple attacks from both, it would have a better chance of proccing (cluster bomb and unload), but if it's on hit, it's near useless.

Edited by Fade_Guin, 02 November 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#5 Giac

Giac

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

All runes trigger on being hit, unless the effects are triggered by specific active abilities (e.g. When you use your heal skill, you gain a random boon for 10 seconds). Disregard the descriptions. Even Grove's root triggers on being hit.

#6 Fade_Guin

Fade_Guin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

As of Nov. 15:

- Rune of the Pack’s on-hit effect now works properly

#7 geist burdill

geist burdill

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Have they fixed the less 50 power bug?

#8 geist burdill

geist burdill

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Nope,they did not fix this, still giving only 115 power instaed of 165...

#9 foofad

foofad

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I wish I had searched before spending so much time trying to figure out why I was getting shorted 50 power. Sigh.

#10 Acidfix

Acidfix

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

I know this topic is old but I was just wondering if it has been fixed yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users