Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 1 votes

Fort Aspenwood vs. Yaks Bend vs. Eredon Terrace


  • Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#31 G L J

G L J

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 608 posts
  • Location:Texas
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

This match makes me sad :(

Fort Aspenwood is turning into a Crystal Desert.

#32 Saviorms

Saviorms

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ToT]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

View Postjadjaygaming, on 03 November 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

My appologies to Yaks and FA, this is yet another unbalanced match brought to you by Anets shitty ranking system and guild alliances that cant handle drama, btw it will be the same next week when you face HoD. best of luck, I hope you like fighting each other or get ready for a boring week filled with a bunch of PvE.

This makes me LOL really hard. Yeah thanks for the apologies but I do not think they are needed at this time.

#33 Yourgrandmother

Yourgrandmother

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 137 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KGB]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

FA's horrid oceanic presence is hurting our entire WvW play duing a 24 hour cycle.

Last night for example, we were farming kills all night in YB Borderlands but everything being fully upgraded max supply and dozens of gold in siege blueprints made taking Hills keep way harder than it should have been. Not to mention everyone is already abandoning defending or upgrading anything because they know anything between 02:00- 14:00 will be 100% Blue on the map.

This is actually a good match-up for fights, better than dominating DB or Maguuma. It's just sad FA is able to dominate a server so handidly in primetime yet be down so many points. ToG or whatever guilds with that acronym, keep coming out and giving badges thanks :)

#34 Saviorms

Saviorms

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ToT]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostYourgrandmother, on 04 November 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

FA's horrid oceanic presence is hurting our entire WvW play duing a 24 hour cycle.

Last night for example, we were farming kills all night in YB Borderlands but everything being fully upgraded max supply and dozens of gold in siege blueprints made taking Hills keep way harder than it should have been. Not to mention everyone is already abandoning defending or upgrading anything because they know anything between 02:00- 14:00 will be 100% Blue on the map.

This is actually a good match-up for fights, better than dominating DB or Maguuma. It's just sad FA is able to dominate a server so handidly in primetime yet be down so many points. ToG or whatever guilds with that acronym, keep coming out and giving badges thanks :)

Which TOG?(Which you can not actually answer) There are 4 different guilds with same stupid ass tag. Even I find it annoying lol.

#35 Bellenisa

Bellenisa

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostSaviorms, on 04 November 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:



Which TOG?(Which you can not actually answer) There are 4 different guilds with same stupid ass tag. Even I find it annoying lol.

FYI, most of the "TOG" guilds you see are part of the larger "The Older Gamers" guild. Due to guild size limitation we had to split members across several sub guilds with variations on the name. We have a pretty active WvW presence on Yak's. We've really enjoyed the fight FA has been putting up in primetime.

#36 sakura az

sakura az

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Location:The Frozen North
  • Guild Tag:[OTG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I had a blast last night playing in the FA borderlands, the fight between the garrison that we (YB) took and held against 30-40 FA players with two broken walls, surges back and forth for almost 2 hours before we were finally able to push up and take the NW tower from FA.. That was a fantastic fight, two sections of wall down for a majority of time. Ton of fun and well fought, FA made us pay for that tower.

#37 Marktman

Marktman

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostYourgrandmother, on 04 November 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

FA's horrid oceanic presence is hurting our entire WvW play duing a 24 hour cycle.

Last night for example, we were farming kills all night in YB Borderlands but everything being fully upgraded max supply and dozens of gold in siege blueprints made taking Hills keep way harder than it should have been. Not to mention everyone is already abandoning defending or upgrading anything because they know anything between 02:00- 14:00 will be 100% Blue on the map.

This is actually a good match-up for fights, better than dominating DB or Maguuma. It's just sad FA is able to dominate a server so handidly in primetime yet be down so many points. ToG or whatever guilds with that acronym, keep coming out and giving badges thanks :)

I haven't seen you dominate anyone in prime time so I'm thinking its a myth.

#38 Okiludy

Okiludy

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostYourgrandmother, on 04 November 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

ToG or whatever guilds with that acronym, keep coming out and giving badges thanks :)

No thank you very much. It was getting harder to motivate people to come out. This little gem will do wonders to increase my community's Oceanic numbers.

See when people insult Yak's we tend to fight back harder. Look what happened when someone went to the boards to QQ about 4 siege golems. In case you didn't know Yak's brought 30+ across all maps the next night. Maybe I can get 100+ TOG out in Oceanic prime. We do have 4 guilds not because we like it but because Anet has a stupid limit to number of members.

FA is a great server and just decimated Yak's and took all the badges....you can tell from the score.

#39 morrolan

morrolan

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostYourgrandmother, on 04 November 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:


This is actually a good match-up for fights, better than dominating DB or Maguuma. It's just sad FA is able to dominate a server so handidly in primetime yet be down so many points. ToG or whatever guilds with that acronym, keep coming out and giving badges thanks

This must be some new definition of dominate given that we were neck and neck for hours on restart and have been leading on the points ever since.

#40 Biqin

Biqin

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HOPE]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

TIL: If you're an oceanic player and you like to PvDoor then you're just obviously better than everyone else, and you can freely talk smack about how you're stomping all the competition you aren't actually facing with little to no shame.

#41 Okiludy

Okiludy

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostBiqin, on 04 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

TIL: If you're an oceanic player and you like to PvDoor then you're just obviously better than everyone else, and you can freely talk smack about how you're stomping all the competition you aren't actually facing with little to no shame.

Actually Yak's didn't start talking smack, FA did last week. Some from your server stated in the last weeks match up how you all would roll Yak's. Then this week started and it's been nothing but tears on everything from nightcapping to too many golems.

FA was never even 1000 points ahead of Yak's but this equates to "decimating" us. Your server has some impressive guilds. I really enjoyed some of the fights we had against you on ET's BL yesterday. They clearly have inter-guild comms working and can assist target. Thing is your server is completely reliant on these to win and it doesn't work after the lower tiers.

One character of the Yak's server is we don't back down from a fight and feed on tears and boasting of others. Earlier in this thread one of your guys eluded that my guild can not fight. This is going to make it so much easier to get numbers out. Your server is feeding the fire for more than my guild. We are willing to be gracious in winning but we also wont take some guys kitten.

My only advice is if you guys really want to move up stop the tears and look at how to build what you have currently. Once you are a team then maybe some of the floating OC/EU guilds will look your way. Yak's has just hit that spot. We do not have much of a OC presence but what we have actually does WvW even when we are losing.

#42 Juici Fruitz

Juici Fruitz

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

here is the post refered to in the post above, I see it's the same guy talking smack, and the same guild that I have personally steam rolled through a number of times already this week.

View PostYourgrandmother, on 30 October 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

Next week looks like ET and Yaks Bend.

ET is a virtual ghost town and Yaks Bend will most likely get crushed during our NA primetime.


#43 Biqin

Biqin

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HOPE]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostOkiludy, on 04 November 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Actually Yak's didn't start talking smack, FA did last week. Some from your server stated in the last weeks match up how you all would roll Yak's. Then this week started and it's been nothing but tears on everything from nightcapping to too many golems.

FA was never even 1000 points ahead of Yak's but this equates to "decimating" us. Your server has some impressive guilds. I really enjoyed some of the fights we had against you on ET's BL yesterday. They clearly have inter-guild comms working and can assist target. Thing is your server is completely reliant on these to win and it doesn't work after the lower tiers.

One character of the Yak's server is we don't back down from a fight and feed on tears and boasting of others. Earlier in this thread one of your guys eluded that my guild can not fight. This is going to make it so much easier to get numbers out. Your server is feeding the fire for more than my guild. We are willing to be gracious in winning but we also wont take some guys kitten.

My only advice is if you guys really want to move up stop the tears and look at how to build what you have currently. Once you are a team then maybe some of the floating OC/EU guilds will look your way. Yak's has just hit that spot. We do not have much of a OC presence but what we have actually does WvW even when we are losing.

What I said is true for every server, my own included. Stuff like this always pops up on the forums and it is beyond stupid. It'd be awesome if we could look past the lopsided scores and just acknowledge that there are awesome players (and guilds) on every server, and quit pretending like the score means something other than an overnight zerg. I've enjoyed myself so far this week.

#44 ArlanKels

ArlanKels

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostJuici Fruitz, on 04 November 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

here is the post refered to in the post above, I see it's the same guy talking smack, and the same guild that I have personally steam rolled through a number of times already this week.

I would like to point out that Yourgrandmother tends to talk big a lot, with minimal care for how Aspenwood is reflected via his words.
Instead let me distract everyone with a question:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is it to take control of the Eternal Puzzle, so long as you're not leaving your keep defenseless?

#45 Bluetalon_TOG

Bluetalon_TOG

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostArlanKels, on 05 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I would like to point out that Yourgrandmother tends to talk big a lot, with minimal care for how Aspenwood is reflected via his words.
Instead let me distract everyone with a question:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is it to take control of the Eternal Puzzle, so long as you're not leaving your keep defenseless?

There is always one .... you have 'Yourgandmother', we have 'Pooka"....

I have no answer to your question .... I prefer borderland fights.

#46 Okiludy

Okiludy

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostBluetalon_TOG, on 05 November 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

There is always one .... you have 'Yourgandmother', we have 'Pooka"....

I have no answer to your question .... I prefer borderland fights.

The amazing Pooka transferred servers to one of our opponents. It might be all rumor but either way I have to agree that there is always that 10%.

Edited by Okiludy, 05 November 2012 - 01:00 AM.


#47 Juici Fruitz

Juici Fruitz

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

The Amazing Pooka is on FA now from what I've heard, since he got got Banned from all of YB's Community comms and it's website for, well being Pooka.

View PostArlanKels, on 05 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I would like to point out that Yourgrandmother tends to talk big a lot, with minimal care for how Aspenwood is reflected via his words.
Instead let me distract everyone with a question:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is it to take control of the Eternal Puzzle, so long as you're not leaving your keep defenseless?

I fully understand you pov on this and agree it doesn't reflect the vast majority of the people I've come across from FA.  It does add to a servers resolve against the opposing server from which the person is from, now it doesn't matter whether it's a YB person saying it or, as was the case this time, FA, or SOR, to SOS to HOD etc.

#48 Yourgrandmother

Yourgrandmother

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 137 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KGB]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I guess people have different definitions of winning and 'dominating.'

What I refer to is the quality of open field fighting, dominance in group v group or force v force combat - kills,deaths etc.

It is clear you guys have better coverage and thus are winning in points. Keeps, towers are easier to upgrade and set up siege due to lack of opposition for the majority of the day. I did not think a T6 server had such strong 24/7 coverage (you guy jumped from 6 to 4 last week) but my prediction of NA strength remains. Servers like Blackgate for example had open field dominance, whether it be by numbers or just tactics/wvw guilds. FA from what I have seen has open field dominance during 'NA primetime.' Many of the 'wvw players' base the fun level of WvW around this and not the score or how many PvDooring you can accomplish throughout the week. Those of us still coming out each night are out there primarily for fun fights, which again are heavily dominated in our favour.

I'm sorry if I have made anyone cry or get offended from my 'harsh' statements.

#49 Ramanadjinn

Ramanadjinn

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

i don't think anyone is offended that FA has great open field dominance.

it could be though that you guys are dominating the open field because we're in our towers.  there just aren't many of us in the field.

#50 DeadAir

DeadAir

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PRO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostRamanadjinn, on 05 November 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

i don't think anyone is offended that FA has great open field dominance.

it could be though that you guys are dominating the open field because we're in our towers.  there just aren't many of us in the field.

Well played sir.

#51 IRSyKoX

IRSyKoX

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Location:Kansas
  • Guild Tag:[PTX]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

The amount of smack talk in this thread is just sad.

PTX had fun in FA Borderlands this night. Only so much we can do.

Good fights yaks

#52 Bluetalon_TOG

Bluetalon_TOG

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostYourgrandmother, on 05 November 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

I guess people have different definitions of winning and 'dominating.'

What I refer to is the quality of open field fighting, dominance in group v group or force v force combat - kills,deaths etc.

It is clear you guys have better coverage and thus are winning in points. Keeps, towers are easier to upgrade and set up siege due to lack of opposition for the majority of the day. I did not think a T6 server had such strong 24/7 coverage (you guy jumped from 6 to 4 last week) but my prediction of NA strength remains. Servers like Blackgate for example had open field dominance, whether it be by numbers or just tactics/wvw guilds. FA from what I have seen has open field dominance during 'NA primetime.' Many of the 'wvw players' base the fun level of WvW around this and not the score or how many PvDooring you can accomplish throughout the week. Those of us still coming out each night are out there primarily for fun fights, which again are heavily dominated in our favour.

I'm sorry if I have made anyone cry or get offended from my 'harsh' statements.

open field dominance? pvdooring?

What is this crap you are spewing? You can have your open field "dominance", I'll take my Yak pride over that any day of the week. Yak Yak!

My dear fellow, victory comes to those who are left standing strong at the end. If there is one thing I have learnt from Yaks commanders it's that dying for no reason is foolish -> if you're going to die, make sure its worth it. Yaks will continue to fight and fight to win, even when out-numbered.

Now let the meta-game continue.

#53 Bronxbob

Bronxbob

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Location:NY
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Yaks got transfers. :)

ET lost players to transfers. Sorry ET this has to be frustrating.

FA still needs an Oceanic presence.

Honestly for WvW there are too many servers, the population cannot fill up WvW as it stands right now.

Only the top tier and bottom tier have competitive matches week over week.

WvW is crazy fun, and I'll continue to play for a long long time, but its inherently broken. Orbs made it worse, but the population issues are just as bad.

#54 Rummy the Mad

Rummy the Mad

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:Eredon Terrace

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostBronxbob, on 05 November 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yaks got transfers. :)

ET lost players to transfers. Sorry ET this has to be frustrating.

FA still needs an Oceanic presence.

Honestly for WvW there are too many servers, the population cannot fill up WvW as it stands right now.

Only the top tier and bottom tier have competitive matches week over week.

WvW is crazy fun, and I'll continue to play for a long long time, but its inherently broken. Orbs made it worse, but the population issues are just as bad.
Honestly, it's not as bad on ET as it looks based on the score.  We simply don't have the active WvW population that we had in the past, and it shows.  We seldom have enough on any given map to do more than hit and run.  However, the quality of the people remaining is quite high, and the low numbers make it easier to coordinate.

We won't be winning any matches any time soon with the palty numbers that remain, but we'll still be a thorn in everyone's side as much as we can be.

Anyway, thanks for the fun fights you guys.  I'll be in there beating my face into your superior numbers with the hopes that I break at least one of your fists.  :)

#55 Troop

Troop

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[BT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Tarnished Coast and Crystal Desert next week? Interesting T3 matchup!

#56 funkybudda

funkybudda

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 130 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostG L J, on 04 November 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

This match makes me sad :(

Fort Aspenwood is turning into a Crystal Desert.

hi,

can you explain that a little better, because Yaks just faced CD last week, and we couldn't beat them. Their Oceanic / Asia force were so strong that whatever we capture during NA prime time, they just take it right back when we go to bed. If you guys are anything like CD, you would be winning by that time zone advantage alone...

#57 chromeo1

chromeo1

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

View Postfunkybudda, on 05 November 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

hi,

can you explain that a little better, because Yaks just faced CD last week, and we couldn't beat them. Their Oceanic / Asia force were so strong that whatever we capture during NA prime time, they just take it right back when we go to bed. If you guys are anything like CD, you would be winning by that time zone advantage alone...

Well, then we're becoming a Yak's Bend then. Because this matchup is the same thing, with you guys being CD. Would be nice if 95% of the matches weren't decided by WvDoor.

#58 Neipalm

Neipalm

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Foo]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostBronxbob, on 05 November 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yaks got transfers. :)

ET lost players to transfers. Sorry ET this has to be frustrating.

FA still needs an Oceanic presence.

Honestly for WvW there are too many servers, the population cannot fill up WvW as it stands right now.

Only the top tier and bottom tier have competitive matches week over week.

WvW is crazy fun, and I'll continue to play for a long long time, but its inherently broken. Orbs made it worse, but the population issues are just as bad.
What guilds transferred to Yak's Bend and where did they come from? I've really only played on red borderlands this week and haven't noticed any new guilds being mentioned either in chat or our TeamSpeak

Edited by Neipalm, 05 November 2012 - 04:35 PM.


#59 funkybudda

funkybudda

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 130 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

View Postchromeo1, on 05 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Well, then we're becoming a Yak's Bend then. Because this matchup is the same thing, with you guys being CD. Would be nice if 95% of the matches weren't decided by WvDoor.

hello,

I didnt mean anyway to be condescending in my previous post, so I hope you are not offended. i dont think Yak's received any Oceanic / Asia transfers, in fact someone from Yak's alliance made a post last week in here trying to recruit Oceanic / Asia players. From few of the fights I have been in this week, you guys did well, I wonder if you guys lose some population due to free transfers before Anet changed to 7 days per transfer?

#60 G L J

G L J

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 608 posts
  • Location:Texas
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postfunkybudda, on 05 November 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

hi,

can you explain that a little better, because Yaks just faced CD last week, and we couldn't beat them. Their Oceanic / Asia force were so strong that whatever we capture during NA prime time, they just take it right back when we go to bed. If you guys are anything like CD, you would be winning by that time zone advantage alone...

Crystal Desert quits by Sunday if they aren't curb-stomping their opponents.

Edited by G L J, 05 November 2012 - 05:04 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users