102 replies to this topic

#91 Ramanadjinn

Ramanadjinn

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

View Postrandall, on 07 November 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

Anyone saying FA has had some large influx of players during Oceanic time is either not playing during these hours or lying.

That would be your people.  We are only going by what the guilds who claim to have transferred to your server are telling us.  It is those oceanic/euro guilds themselves you want to accuse of lying.  It very well could be a conspiracy.

I am open to the fact that you guys were a bit unorganized and you got your act together and starting working as a team.  I've seen the same thing happen on Yak's Bend and I don't doubt for a second all it took to get your server some points was to get your act together.  That's all it took for us to go from tier 5 to tier 4.

Whether there are a couple of Oceana/Euro guilds moving to your server or whether you guys just started playing better doesn't matter to me.  Either way, congrats on the new found competitiveness in this match.

#92 Life_Infusion

Life_Infusion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostSaviorms, on 05 November 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

The population of yaks has been full since Pre-launch. I have seen some transfer but mostly cause we had an open Balth. WvW is still the same guilds/people I see in there nightly. Some new but mostly people finally playing WvW. I know a lot of people held out to do WvW till they had a lot of other things done. We seem to have a lot of people cause we are a full server that has finally had WvW interests.

With that said free transfers have ruined the hopes of making WvW even. Cause as soon as you start to lose 1/4 of the WvW pop stops or leaves. Will be nice once they fix that and match ups even out and it takes weeks to move a tier. Also good work this morning FA or taking almost everything.

This is false. Yak's Bend is HIGH up until about this week, not Full. Otherwise I woulsn't have been able to transfer to it mid October after a month long break.

Edited by Life_Infusion, 07 November 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#93 randall

randall

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

View PostRamanadjinn, on 07 November 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

That would be your people.  We are only going by what the guilds who claim to have transferred to your server are telling us.  It is those oceanic/euro guilds themselves you want to accuse of lying.  It very well could be a conspiracy.

I am open to the fact that you guys were a bit unorganized and you got your act together and starting working as a team.  I've seen the same thing happen on Yak's Bend and I don't doubt for a second all it took to get your server some points was to get your act together.  That's all it took for us to go from tier 5 to tier 4.

Whether there are a couple of Oceana/Euro guilds moving to your server or whether you guys just started playing better doesn't matter to me.  Either way, congrats on the new found competitiveness in this match.
I think the polar reversal in potential points during Oceanic hours is not because FA's numbers increased at this time but because YB's numbers have decreased (a lot).  

For the first two nights (Oceanic time) we were seeing huge numbers of Yaks in all borderlands.  Last night about the only serious presence we saw were the TOG guild.  And even then they were only on one map at a time, essentially leaving the other maps empty.

From what I've seen FA's Oceanic numbers have been about the same all 3 nights (I see the same people and guilds each night -- In fact last night we may have had slightly less as I barely saw GODS at all).  The biggest difference has been how YB's numbers suddenly dropped off.

Our recent transfers are Japanese and EU guilds who aren't really Oceanic hours.  They are more of a bridging shift between Oceanic and US prime time.   I stayed on all night the other night and the new EU commander, who was only visiting without the rest of his guild, wasn't on until well after midnight (Australian time).  .

Edited by randall, 07 November 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#94 Bronxbob

Bronxbob

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

View Postrandall, on 07 November 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

From what I've seen FA's Oceanic numbers have been about the same all 3 nights (I see the same people and guilds each night -- In fact last night we may have had slightly less as I barely saw GODS at all).  The biggest difference has been how YB's numbers suddenly dropped off.

We were on from 9-11pm EST or so in Yaks Borderlands, with about 20 or so of us, maybe more...we fell off after that due to people having to sleep and guild meetings. Once again I noticed a complete drop off at 11:30pm EST or so...and Yaks had a full zerg on their borderlands. I got a bunch of badges from them, but there wasn't much more to do than that. Soo I don't think our coverage at night is there just yet...

I would guess our new transfers are still settling in. This won't be a quick process.

#95 funkybudda

funkybudda

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostBronxbob, on 07 November 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

We were on from 9-11pm EST or so in Yaks Borderlands, with about 20 or so of us, maybe more...we fell off after that due to people having to sleep and guild meetings. Once again I noticed a complete drop off at 11:30pm EST or so...and Yaks had a full zerg on their borderlands. I got a bunch of badges from them, but there wasn't much more to do than that. Soo I don't think our coverage at night is there just yet...

I would guess our new transfers are still settling in. This won't be a quick process.

I was on YBBL from 8PM to 12 midnight, I can confirm that there are more than the 20+ number that you are throwing around (more like double that and then some), and this is just that one zone. Grats on  the recruiting effort, but anyone that still say the free transfer option is not ruining the WvW is blind as a bat.

#96 Bronxbob

Bronxbob

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postfunkybudda, on 07 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

I was on YBBL from 8PM to 12 midnight, I can confirm that there are more than the 20+ number that you are throwing around (more like double that and then some), and this is just that one zone. Grats on  the recruiting effort, but anyone that still say the free transfer option is not ruining the WvW is blind as a bat.

I was referring to [GODS] alone as that is who "randall" mentioned not seeing. FA had way more than 20+ on the borderland I was on, but only 20 of us were [GODS].  That being said, we are a large guild and some of us were in other borderlands also.

By the time 11:30pm rolled around Yaks Bend borderlands were bereft of FA forces.

As for free transfers "ruining" WvW...I don't know about that.
  • Does it make it uneven at times? Oh definitely.
  • Is it broken? Yes.
  • Is it ruining WvW? No. Unless you are not having fun at all, and QQ all the time.
  • Will stopping free transfers fix it any time soon? No. It will just force the status quo, and servers will take a LONG time to fill up, if ever.

Edited by Bronxbob, 07 November 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#97 Bakedg00ds

Bakedg00ds

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Any chance for a score update please?

#98 Celendes

Celendes

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Echo]

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostBakedg00ds, on 07 November 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Any chance for a score update please?

YB: 236,500 +105
FA: 153,922 +490
ET:  34,943 +100

#99 Bakedg00ds

Bakedg00ds

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Thanks Celendes

#100 Celendes

Celendes

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Echo]

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

We have pretty much controlled everything for most of the day. Bounced between FA, YB, and EB while trying not to pick on ET BL much

#101 Bronxbob

Bronxbob

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Some great three way fights last night in Yaks borderland. We'd show up somewhere...bang there's an ET zerg there...woops OH HAI YAKS!

#102 Convenant

Convenant

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

AoN had fun today fighting GODS and that other zerg guild from Yak's :). You guys run very organized zergs; much more competent than what we used to face on Ehmry Bay.

Looking forward to more fighting!

#103 Drtoph

Drtoph

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PTX]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Just had to say, regardless of the outcome, great job FA for showing up in droves this week even after we got behind by quite a huge margin.  The push to close the gap the last few days has been really fun.  If we can keep this Never Say Die attitude up we will keep pushing up the ranks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users