Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Growing Disappointment


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

I've been playing this game a bit now, sitting at about Lvl. 73(almost 74) and I am rapidly becoming less and less excited to finish it up.

1) The story continues to get worse and less cohesive. Voice acting at given parts doesn't help, some of it is horrendous and would be better in mere text. Honestly, for a game touting a more "RPG" experience it's failing horrendously on this front--WoW does better quite frankly.

2) Guilds are utterly worthless. I can rarely ever get a group going, assistance, or even a conversation much of the time. This appears to be a reoccurring theme among friends who also play. Are people just joining them for perks or just 'cause with little desire to actually mingle?

3) Some of the content in this game is downright INFURIATING. Take one of the skill-point locales in the Straits of Devastation; can't get to it because a veteran mob is spawned there along with a couple of regulars. The veteran is not only buggy and easily reset(very problematic as a thief relying heavily on stealth to survive) but him and his companions have this neat trick of dragging you down and paralyzing you the entire duration for 3 seconds or so.

Why they thought this was a clever component, for such a random moment in someone's leveling career, is beyond me. You'll see this sort of thing throughout the game and Orr LOVES to dump it on you in heaping doses. Guess they didn't count on the community being lifeless knuckleheads unwilling to assist unless there is a clear objective stamped out on their map.

4) I really, REALLY do not like the scaling in this game. Thought I would, find it makes my progress feel utterly worthless and doesn't give enough appreciation to how you build your character either. Shifting from a raw damage character to a more tanky, crafty one seems to have very little difference save in perhaps the game-play itself.

This makes no sense and brings to question why we even bother to do anything besides a more evasive or defensive character? My defenseless, glass-cannon killed things about as fast as a more defensive orientated design! The only difference was she couldn't stand for very long...

5) Water combat is 'effing god awful and makes you wonder why it was implemented in the first place if you can't even use your character's carefully selected abilities. It'll often outright undo the benefits you had on land making it a living hell. Then they jam pack it, almost consistently, with an abnormal amount of mobs to take on.

Not cool.

6) Is this game even worth completing? It went from one of my most anticipated, most hopeful titles since like... EVER to being nothing more than a pain in my ass.

Edited by Kelliak, 03 November 2012 - 08:39 AM.


#2 Runkleford

Runkleford

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Why does everyone treat the forum like it's their own personal blog? There's already a complaint thread. There's no reason for you to open your own.

#3 OdinWalhalla

OdinWalhalla

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Next time use the search button, 2 threads below yours is already one with the exact same topic.

#4 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostRunkleford, on 03 November 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

Why does everyone treat the forum like it's their own personal blog? There's already a complaint thread. There's no reason for you to open your own.

Oh good lord, you have a complaint thread? I'm not here to be rounded up into a concentration thread because you don't like me dissing your game, sorry pal. I paid the sixty-five and I think I am being relatively reasonable. I want some answers, maybe a different angle, something to either help me decide to ditch this or attempt it from an alternate approach.

If you don't like that, don't post, ignore this thread entirely. Makes life much more simple for you and me.

#5 Wordsworth

Wordsworth

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Guild Wars 2: Friend Finder.


View PostKelliak, on 03 November 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Oh good lord, you have a complaint thread? I'm not here to be rounded up into a concentration thread because you don't like me dissing your game, sorry pal. I paid the sixty-five and I think I am being relatively reasonable. I want some answers, maybe a different angle, something to either help me decide to ditch this or attempt it from an alternate approach.

If you don't like that, don't post, ignore this thread entirely. Makes life much more simple for you and me.

Is so not aware this isn't even ANet's forum.

Or maybe is just super entitled.

1. Yeah the story sucks.
2. It's your own fault.
3. Change your build.
4. What?
5. Yep.
6. No, not for you it isn't.

Edited by Wordsworth, 03 November 2012 - 08:48 AM.


#6 Alot

Alot

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1919 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

View PostWordsworth, on 03 November 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Guild Wars 2: Friend Finder.




Is so not aware this isn't even ANet's forum.

Or maybe is just super entitled.


Most of the time, it's a combination of both.

#7 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Or perhaps I would prefer to talk to the players, eh? Maybe get their perspective?

Although I must say the reactions to this thread are already telling me enough about this community.

Again, if you don't care for what I have to say, don't have an idea, a thought, or even just a mere opinion to state against what I've said in the opening post then you don't have to be here. It is REALLY that simple.

#8 Wordsworth

Wordsworth

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostKelliak, on 03 November 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Or perhaps I would prefer to talk to the players, eh? Maybe get their perspective?

Although I must say the reactions to this thread are already telling me enough about this community.

Again, if you don't care for what I have to say, don't have an idea, a thought, or even just a mere opinion to state against what I've said in the opening post then you don't have to be here. It is REALLY that simple.

But you went through all that effort to state how you don't like the game, but we can't go through all the effort to tell you how we think of this thread?

#9 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostWordsworth, on 03 November 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Guild Wars 2: Friend Finder.




Is so not aware this isn't even ANet's forum.

Or maybe is just super entitled.

1. Yeah the story sucks.
2. It's your own fault.
3. Change your build.
4. What?
5. Yep.
6. No, not for you it isn't.

2) How is that MY fault? I really don't understand that logic.

3) Did, felt about the same just ever so slightly more durable and crafty--overall very little difference beyond how I played. Granted this could be just a problem with the thief, I haven't touched the other classes.

4) Yeah, it's bad and doesn't seem to add anything to the game, only detract. I am actually still trying to reason why this was such a necessary feature for them along with the alternate water combat. Change for the sake of change isn't exactly always best and they seem to have forgotten that.

5) Glad we agree.

6) At least you gave me an honest opinion on the matter.

Edited by Kelliak, 03 November 2012 - 08:55 AM.


#10 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostKelliak, on 03 November 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

I've been playing this game a bit now, sitting at about Lvl. 73(almost 74) and I am rapidly becoming less and less excited to finish it up.

1) I found it to be growing better after lvl60 to be honest. But yeah the fact that Trahearne takes all the credit is quite stupid. Voice acting is fine imo. Saying WoW is better than anything on this really looks like trolling or you just didn't play WoW.

2) One thing: Find another guild. My guild does things very often in group. Yesterday we formed a group and tried to do the new mini-dungeons.

3) They thought it was smart because this is an MMO, not everything should be able to be completed by anyone playing solo. An MMO is about social interaction, yes they made this game very easy to solo it, but still there are parts where you need social interaction.

4) I think your comparison is of the scale then. Someone in full berserker and with power traits does waaay more damage than a toughness/vitality person. Secondly, the scaling is something personal, I really like it tbh.

5) You know you can select your own underwater skillbar right? Cause then you always get the skills you want. The only thing that bugs me about underwater combat at the moment is the fact some mobs will go invulnerable during mid fight.

6) It is worth completing for me, it's been the best MMO I've played since GW1 came out, and I just played GW1 from launch till 25 august 2012.


#11 cyclopsje

cyclopsje

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Well i must agree there are already threads like this so use them no reason for 1 more. Regarding the skillpoint you could ask a friend to help out! you complain guilds are dead but on the other hand you dont ask a friend either it seems, or you just didnt tell us that. Regarding the personall story well its not the best but its not bad either. I played WoW and i must say that i never really had a feeling off a personal story there. And loads of other MMO's have a real bad personall story. So GW2 isnt that bad considering. But with every game out there if you dont like it dont play it. There is no sub fee give it a shot in a couple off months when things are fixed and the game isnt a baby anymore.

#12 Wordsworth

Wordsworth

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostKelliak, on 03 November 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

2) How is that MY fault? I really don't understand that logic.


Because you joined and choose to stay in an anti-social guild.

#13 Shamadamun

Shamadamun

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1353 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VV]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostKelliak, on 03 November 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

3) Some of the content in this game is downright INFURIATING. Take one of the skill-point locales in the Straits of Devastation; can't get to it because a veteran mob is spawned there along with a couple of regulars. The veteran is not only buggy and easily reset(very problematic as a thief relying heavily on stealth to survive) but him and his companions have this neat trick of dragging you down and paralyzing you the entire duration for 3 seconds or so.

You completely lost me here.

SKILL Point. As in, use some SKILL to get it. This manuever isn't working? Try something else. That doesn't work? Try again. Sure most skill points are as easy and click-and-recieve, but when you come upon the difficult ones you should say, "Oh good, a REAL challenge! Let's see how I can do this..." instead of "I want skill points but don't want to be skillful, waah waah waaah"

Your other points are pretty valid. I actually prefer text now instead of that voice-acting... The story wasn't really that good either, save for a few parts here and there. I hate the idea of representing this guild and that guild, because the 30/100 members online is more like 3/100 because the other 27 are representing something else.

#14 drkn

drkn

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 817 posts
  • Location:Wrocław, Poland
  • Guild Tag:[MM]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

1) A matter of taste. I didn't like the story either, but i've read, seen and played through A LOT of fantasy stuff and i find just more of the same cliches, the plot didn't get me either - but i know people who love the story and don't mind the voice acting or an occassional plothole.
The setting, on the other hand, is absolutely amazing, with the level of detail far superior to any other MMO out there. Setting as in the world presented to us.

2) It's not the game's fault that you're in a bad guild, then. My guild organises daily dungeon teams, helps each other out in personal story, groups up for Orr farming, goes into W3 together - and whatever else you want, really.
If you're unhappy about the guild you're in, just keep searching.
I do agree that there's much less stuff to do as a guild in GW2 than in, let's say, Lineage 2, and the organisational end of guilds isn't the most immersing, but they are far from being worthless.

3) MMO isn't meant to be played solo - get 2 people with you, either random people found on the map or guildies, and go bash that veteran in no time.
There is a tiny problem, though - most maps are 100% soloable and we get accustomed to having everything handed on a silver plate by the game when we're soloing, and then we hit a spot we can't do on our own, and it's like 'wtf, ANet, you suck!', while it should be '/m need a hand at X'.

4) Glass cannon builds are useful in certain PvP situations. I agree - in PvE it's tanky specs all the way, especially that power/toughness/vitality gear first and foremost gives you power, meaning you'll still have decent damage output.
I do not see it as a downside, though, and there are lots of people doing fairly well as glass cannons in PvE - until they try Arah explorable, that is.

5) The only problem with water combat is the pathing, making some mobs reset and go invulnerable in the middle of a fight. Other than that, it's a great addition to an MMO - compared to other games out there, underwater combat here is very complex, demanding and actually fun.
We got used to games where submerging into water means just skipping some parts, especially that there's nothing to explore in the water, there are no monsters or they're weak, and so on. As soon as you ditch that mindset and learn how underwater combat with Z-axis works, you might just appreciate it.

6) Depends what you mean by 'worth' and 'completing' - it's great fun and stuff, though i don't really know how can one 'complete' an MMO. Personal story? 100% map? Lots of PvP play hours?
Been all there, done all that - and i'm still playing, leveling my fourth character to level 80 and still having a real blast.


Hint from me - find a decent guild. It changes A LOT.

#15 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostShamadamun, on 03 November 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

You completely lost me here.

SKILL Point. As in, use some SKILL to get it. This manuever isn't working? Try something else. That doesn't work? Try again. Sure most skill points are as easy and click-and-recieve, but when you come upon the difficult ones you should say, "Oh good, a REAL challenge! Let's see how I can do this..." instead of "I want skill points but don't want to be skillful, waah waah waaah"

Your other points are pretty valid. I actually prefer text now instead of that voice-acting... The story wasn't really that good either, save for a few parts here and there. I hate the idea of representing this guild and that guild, because the 30/100 members online is more like 3/100 because the other 27 are representing something else.

My issue with this skill-point, more than anything, is my target is buggy and they made it where no matter what my build is, they have these "crowd controlling" abilities which can get ridiculous when chained. It's just plain annoying to do. To make it worse, it's water combat on top of everything else. So you'll spend all this time, doing a mode of the game you loathe, kill the normal mobs, nearly kill the veteran, and then he bugs out, becomes invincible, you wasted your efforts.

And this type of scenario feels like it repeats more and more as I get further in the game. I don't think there is anything more agitating to a gamer than putting in the effort only to have it taken away due to poor design.

Edited by Kelliak, 03 November 2012 - 09:04 AM.


#16 Draycon

Draycon

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

The only point I'd even begin to agree with is underwater combat, but only because of the bugs.

#17 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostWordsworth, on 03 November 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

Because you joined and choose to stay in an anti-social guild.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme.

#18 WinterSnowblind

WinterSnowblind

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1343 posts
  • Location:Scotland
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

1) The actual "story missions" aren't great, the voice acting is poor and the story telling does just seem to get worse and worse.  If you actually talk to random NPC's around though, there's a lot of good lore to discover.  It's a shame the main story really brings the game down, but it still feels more like a proper RPG than other MMOs out there.

2) Sounds like you need to join a better guild.  I've never had a problem starting conversations or getting people to come and help out with certain content.

3) Once you reach Orr, you might notice there are no more heart quests.  The whole area is designed for groups of players to be exploring around together.  But I went through the area (and most of the game) just with one other friend and we never had any problems, except when it came to champions, who are fairly easy to avoid.  Again, it sounds like you just need to get some friends or a better guild to play with.  It can be solo'd, but don't expect it to be effortless.

4) Other character builds are very useful, particularly when it comes to dungeons.  The scaling is designed to keep earlier areas at least somewhat challenging.  You're still very powerful when going through them, but not totally unstoppable.  

5) Most people seem to complain about underwater combat because they're bad at it.  I'm not particularly fond of it because of the amount of mobs either.. but it's usually easily avoidable and not so bad if you just try and take out a few of the enemies - don't just try and run past everything.

6) If you don't like it, it's as simple as not playing it.  No point in anyone else telling you what to do.

#19 Princess Fatora

Princess Fatora

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Quote

Is this game even worth completing?

In General, yes.

1) is a valid criticism. 2-5 are you confusing your taste with valid points :P

I mean, 2)? Go find a different guild, maybe. It's like you getting into a lowbie funguild in Wow and whining that nobody is raiding.
3) is downright silly, and I hate that WoW has instilled into people that everything needs to be soloable without effort or the 20s wait for help. If you communicate like a human being without raging and screaming immediately, you will be helped. Always. I have never seen a help request go unanswered, and I play on off hours due to timezone)
4)Sillier. Downscaling is what all games should do, in fact you don't downscale hard enough. I wish downscaling would be harsher :) Gaining avatar strength and steamrolling is BS.
5)Doesn't get more taste. Underwater combat is pretty liked.

So all in all, maybe GW2 isn't the game for you. That's ok. Gw2 is no religion, and you can easily pick a different game. MMOs finally are stopping to try to please everybody, and that's good. Only thing needed now is for the MMO population to understand that.

#20 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostWinterSnowblind, on 03 November 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

1) The actual "story missions" aren't great, the voice acting is poor and the story telling does just seem to get worse and worse.  If you actually talk to random NPC's around though, there's a lot of good lore to discover.  It's a shame the main story really brings the game down, but it still feels more like a proper RPG than other MMOs out there.

2) Sounds like you need to join a better guild.  I've never had a problem starting conversations or getting people to come and help out with certain content.

3) Once you reach Orr, you might notice there are no more heart quests.  The whole area is designed for groups of players to be exploring around together.  But I went through the area (and most of the game) just with one other friend and we never had any problems, except when it came to champions, who are fairly easy to avoid.  Again, it sounds like you just need to get some friends or a better guild to play with.  It can be solo'd, but don't expect it to be effortless.

4) Other character builds are very useful, particularly when it comes to dungeons.  The scaling is designed to keep earlier areas at least somewhat challenging.  You're still very powerful when going through them, but not totally unstoppable.  

5) Most people seem to complain about underwater combat because they're bad at it.  I'm not particularly fond of it because of the amount of mobs either.. but it's usually easily avoidable and not so bad if you just try and take out a few of the enemies - don't just try and run past everything.

6) If you don't like it, it's as simple as not playing it.  No point in anyone else telling you what to do.

Just so people know why I remarked that WoW does the "RPG bit better" in terms of storyline is due to new Mists of Pandaria expansion for WoW. It's pretty good and I think trumps this game in terms of storytelling/scenery in given ways. Blizzard did an impressive job on it--still wore out on it though as a whole, not enough to keep me hooked at this time. Who knows, might drop in and out, but I was REALLY hoping this game would be the one for me.

Also do note; you're talking to a guy who's every last friend and ally is on WoW, unable or unwilling(after having tried it and disliked it) to jump ship to GW2. Guilds and random assistance is all I'll get in this game at this time. The first several guild encounters have been a disappointment and before some of my friends ditched this indefinitely, they were having their issues as well with the guilds just being REALLY dull and pointless.

Bad luck, bad server, who knows. Just hasn't been a good experience for me.

Edited by Kelliak, 03 November 2012 - 09:28 AM.


#21 Solid_Gold

Solid_Gold

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Come here to give YOUR opinions of the game, expect to be told to...

LTP. (Even though you may have played 400 hours).
Change your build. (And get a 2% improvement).
Play something else. (That's all I'm waiting for, then I'm gone).
Get a better guild. (Yeah right, few and far between).
Play with a couple of others. (Not easy, follow the bots around).
Change servers.
Blah blah blah.

People don't seem to be able to see that this game actually lacks content, it's just a watered down Korean f2p game, and they have pointless quests (hearts), dynamic events (Champions that appear at various times), fortress wars (WvW), similar stuff, oh and a cash shop, and they have had all that for over 6 years.

ArenaNet have followed a game model already in existance, there's nothing new here, just something old with presented slightly differently.

This doesn't have the longevity of GW1, doesn't matter how long you argue about it, (unless they come up with something new pretty quick) it doesn't !

(No flames, thank you in advance).

Edited by Solid_Gold, 03 November 2012 - 09:25 AM.


#22 deitiesforce

deitiesforce

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

at least you can always get a refund if you want :D just don't play it if you don't want to

PS it's not the content of your thread that is the problem, it's your tone

Example: I Really REALLY don't like the scaling of the game -> I don't seem to understand why...
Guilds are utterly worthless -> I don't understand the guild function because....

So i would if you wanna whine, go to the whinning thread. You have some valid points here, but it's the tone of your thread that makes me go like "it's one of those threads again"

Edited by deitiesforce, 03 November 2012 - 09:31 AM.


#23 Draycon

Draycon

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

View PostSolid_Gold, on 03 November 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Come here to give YOUR opinions of the game, expect to be told to...

LTP. (Even though you may have played 400 hours).
Change your build. (And get a 2% improvement).
Play something else. (That's all I'm waiting for, then I'm gone).
Get a better guild. (Yeah right, few and far between).
Play with a couple of others. (Not easy, follow the bots around).
Change servers.
Blah blah blah.

People don't seem to be able to see that this game actually lacks content, it's just a watered down Korean f2p game, and they have pointless quests (hearts), dynamic events (Champions that appear at various times), fortress wars (WvW), similar stuff, oh and a cash shop, and they have had all that for over 6 years.

ArenaNet have followed a game model already in existance, there's nothing new here, just something old with presented slightly differently.

This doesn't have the longevity of GW1, doesn't matter how long you argue about it, (unless they come up with something new pretty quick) it doesn't !

(No flames, thank you in advance).

I see quite a lot of content, but everyone will have different opinions, but if you sir clearly dislike the game so much.... why are you even here?

#24 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostSolid_Gold, on 03 November 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Come here to give YOUR opinions of the game, expect to be told to...

LTP. (Even though you may have played 400 hours).
Change your build. (And get a 2% improvement).
Play something else. (That's all I'm waiting for, then I'm gone).
Get a better guild. (Yeah right, few and far between).
Play with a couple of others. (Not easy, follow the bots around).
Change servers.
Blah blah blah.

People don't seem to be able to see that this game actually lacks content, it's just a watered down Korean f2p game, and they have pointless quests (hearts), dynamic events (Champions that appear at various times), fortress wars (WvW), similar stuff, oh and a cash shop, and they have had all that for over 6 years.

ArenaNet have followed a game model already in existance, there's nothing new here, just something old with presented slightly differently.

This doesn't have the longevity of GW1, doesn't matter how long you argue about it, (unless they come up with something new pretty quick) it doesn't !

(No flames, thank you in advance).

Well another thing is no one has remarked on whether or not the thief is a good class pick. I'm sorry but every MMO, especially early on, has its bad classes--at least in comparison to the other choices. I have no other class of mine to compare it to but it honestly feels boring, incapable of handling any real adversity, and the fact your condition inflicting shot in water combat causes you to go soaring backwards as an easy target for adds is eye-opening.

So again, it could come down to that more than anything. I enjoyed the rogue of WoW because I liked being sneaky and a high-damage outputing machine with some neat skills. In this game I feel like a retard that doesn't know what style I want to fight with, always flailing about in a clunky manner taking eons to kill normal mobs even with a full damage spec. I'm just not feeling it, at all. However I really don't want to go back through and play the shitty story on another character. LMAO!

View PostDraycon, on 03 November 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

I see quite a lot of content, but everyone will have different opinions, but if you sir clearly dislike the game so much.... why are you even here?

Tone is irrelevant, I focus on content. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not that socially picky--might explain why this game is such a pain in the ass to work with people on. Having to have this oh-so darling, soft etiquette so you don't upset someone is ridiculous. If I'm making valid points, the tone shouldn't matter. If it does bother you then let it be and don't get involved. I'm not forcing anyone's hand, at all. Quite impossible for me to do that from my position.

Edited by Kelliak, 03 November 2012 - 09:35 AM.


#25 Gerroh

Gerroh

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 572 posts
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Nope]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostKelliak, on 03 November 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

-Stuff here-

1) Meh, I can understand the argument. The story is very bland and generic. Another fantasy world that only I can save from certain doom? Woo.
2) Don't join retarded guilds. Guilds are much better done in Guild Wars 2 than they were in Guild Wars 1. I can't speak from other games as GW2 is my first MMO(If we say GW1 isn't an MMO). My guild easily forms groups for events and I've laughed so hard it hurt from a lot of the discussion we have. We've also had some intelligent, serious discussion, though that's less common. Guild upgrades make your effort towards helping the guild really feel like effort, and allow me, as a guild leader, to reward my goons for their loyalty.
3) Uh, dude, "commune" skill points are supposed to have enemies guarding them. That's the idea. Orr is supposed to be a frustrating nightmare, that's the idea. If you want an easier, more relaxed 70+ zone, go to Frostgorge Sound.
4) My mind is full of *, I don't even know where to begin on lecturing you here. You haven't even gotten to level 80. I guess the best thing to say here would just be that you must be terrible at the game or have a garbage build or something along those lines. My level 80s are ALWAYS a ton more powerful than anyone else who is appropriately leveled for lower level areas. I can one-shot enemies in the 1-15 zones, and could probably play blindfolded for any area up to level 60. Leveling is not pointless and if you're not feeling the effects of it you're doing something horribly wrong, especially if you're playing as a "glass cannon thief" and not out-damaging others.
5) Water combat doesn't suck. Players suck. I love water combat and there aren't any problems with its inherent design. More skills need to be enabled to be used underwater, some skills are bugged underwater or traits can cause problems for them, and we badly need separate underwater and on land trait sets. That said, underwater combat is fantastic and I never have a problem with it. I'd even love to see a completely underwater dungeon, or an expansion that greatly focuses on underwater combat.
I really don't understand this over aggro problem other players have with underwater combat, either. What the hell are you guys doing? I never over-aggro underwater unless I'm intentionally mob diving. Are people completely and totally unaware of their surroundings? Is it that hard to operate on something more than a 2D plane?
6) Not much to say here other than you don't really complete an MMO, so I've no idea what you're talking about here.

#26 Alesthes

Alesthes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

So basically you joined a crappy guild, don't like some of the most amazing features of the games for quite not clear reasons (downscaling and water combat are innovative and great features to most of us...) and this leads you to be disappointed. I am not surprised if you can't find much simpathy from others on your views, really...

#27 Kelliak

Kelliak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostGerroh, on 03 November 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

1) Meh, I can understand the argument. The story is very bland and generic. Another fantasy world that only I can save from certain doom? Woo.
2) Don't join retarded guilds. Guilds are much better done in Guild Wars 2 than they were in Guild Wars 1. I can't speak from other games as GW2 is my first MMO(If we say GW1 isn't an MMO). My guild easily forms groups for events and I've laughed so hard it hurt from a lot of the discussion we have. We've also had some intelligent, serious discussion, though that's less common. Guild upgrades make your effort towards helping the guild really feel like effort, and allow me, as a guild leader, to reward my goons for their loyalty.
3) Uh, dude, "commune" skill points are supposed to have enemies guarding them. That's the idea. Orr is supposed to be a frustrating nightmare, that's the idea. If you want an easier, more relaxed 70+ zone, go to Frostgorge Sound.
4) My mind is full of *, I don't even know where to begin on lecturing you here. You haven't even gotten to level 80. I guess the best thing to say here would just be that you must be terrible at the game or have a garbage build or something along those lines. My level 80s are ALWAYS a ton more powerful than anyone else who is appropriately leveled for lower level areas. I can one-shot enemies in the 1-15 zones, and could probably play blindfolded for any area up to level 60. Leveling is not pointless and if you're not feeling the effects of it you're doing something horribly wrong, especially if you're playing as a "glass cannon thief" and not out-damaging others.
5) Water combat doesn't suck. Players suck. I love water combat and there aren't any problems with its inherent design. More skills need to be enabled to be used underwater, some skills are bugged underwater or traits can cause problems for them, and we badly need separate underwater and on land trait sets. That said, underwater combat is fantastic and I never have a problem with it. I'd even love to see a completely underwater dungeon, or an expansion that greatly focuses on underwater combat.
I really don't understand this over aggro problem other players have with underwater combat, either. What the hell are you guys doing? I never over-aggro underwater unless I'm intentionally mob diving. Are people completely and totally unaware of their surroundings? Is it that hard to operate on something more than a 2D plane?
6) Not much to say here other than you don't really complete an MMO, so I've no idea what you're talking about here.

Wow, you kind of came across as a douche and this coming from a guy that has difficulty watching his own tactfulness. I'm writing off what you say as irrelevant, the whole "You're not skilled enough to enjoy this game!" remark gets old and lame.

Edited by Kelliak, 03 November 2012 - 09:45 AM.


#28 cyclopsje

cyclopsje

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

View Postdeitiesforce, on 03 November 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

at least you can always get a refund if you want :D just don't play it if you don't want to


Can you still get that that seems weird?

#29 Corsair

Corsair

    Is trivia

  • Super Moderators
  • 5470 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

While you may not like it, unless you have a specific topic of discourse to pursue, use the general thread. We don't have multiple "I love this game!" threads running around.(If we do please tell me so I can rectify that matter) We are not a forum to serve as personal blogs.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.


Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users