• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Yet another "critique my build"....please?

warrior shouts boons vulnerability tough support damage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phenominomical

Phenominomical

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hey, first time post on guru, and first wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the information and discussion on this site, very helpful.

The build I have created for my warrior fits the playstyle that I really enjoy, but was wondering if anyone could maybe throw out some suggestions that could improve it. I have run it in a few dungeons and it seems to work great from my perspective, but I haven't seen much action as an 80 warrior so I could be horribly wrong. This build is primarily going to be my dungeon build as there is some ramp up time before it takes full force from what I've seen.

http://gw2skills.net...QLNA;TMALRGisJA

Activate signet of rage, charge in with greatsword, use FGJ, and apply "on my mark" on the focus target. I also use the greatsword level 3 burst ASAP to keep fury up, and alternate out FGJ and signet of rage as well. After the burst i swap to my axe (which gives me 3 more stacks of might from sigil of battle) and shield and use axe 2 for 4 more stacks of vulnerability, and the fast axe auto attacks apply more vulnerability from my traits when they crit. Then swap back to greatsword for 3 more stacks of might from the sigil. Weapon swapping as often as possible to get might from sigil of battle, and axe burst eviscerate does some great burst damage as well.

100% Fury uptime during battle due to increased boon duration.
12-20 might stacks at all time from myself.
Trait that gives increased damage per boon on myself.
8-22 vulnerability on target from myself, which lasts 20% longer from trait line.
In a party, all boss fights are easily consistently between 20-25% vulnerability, and I am well above 20 stacks of might from other's buffs, But I do not feel like very many might buffs are getting wasted due to cap, since I can still see it fluctuate down to 18-20, (which I believe are mine at that point).
Shield for control and oh shoot moments.
Longbow/rifle in inventory and the trait lines I have filled can swap out their majors to benefit ranged fights where needed, so I am not completely useless here.

I use the shouts primarily when off cooldown to keep conditions off and it helps party healing a little, (not much as i don't run any healing power). I like being able to remove conditions from my team and help a little with the healing, and the vulnerability stacks are the real selling point on this being a dungeon build.

For armor I am running knight's currently, but thats open to suggestion, as are runes for my armor. I use Berserker (ruby) jewelry because i found my toughness was enough from my armor and wanted a little more DPS. Weapons are also knights but i may switch to zerker.

I really enjoy playing this style, but I would really love to know what you guys think, and any opinions you might want to give me about how to improve it.

Thanks
-Pheno

#2 supacc

supacc

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

I run a very similar build, but with a few minor differences.

10 points into discipline instead of strength for the 9% crit, which scales greatly with crit damage gear. I also have strength trait #4 on as well, since your GS burst is useless with 100% fury uptime from signet/FGJ.  And with all the condition removal you have with a soldier's rune, I find healing surge to be superior to mending, especially since you are running with full adrenaline to maximize the previous two trait skills.  My gear setup is identical as well, knight's armor with soldier runes and berserker for everything else  (even the weapon).  this build completely steamrolls thru pve content, but I run battle standard as my elite (don't forget to change 'empowered' trait for the banner trait in the discipline tree) for the trickier dungeons where deaths are inevitable.

#3 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

I just posted this on the Suggestions forum in the GW2 website. I think this is an awesome idea for all warriors, especially shout warriors, and a huge shout out to the Paragon class of GW1 (If you think so too, please reply posting your approval of it)

https://forum-en.gui...n-Racial-Skills

#4 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

View Postsupacc, on 04 November 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

10 points into discipline instead of strength for the 9% crit, which scales greatly with crit damage gear. I also have strength trait #4 on as well, since your GS burst is useless with 100% fury uptime from signet/FGJ.  And with all the condition removal you have with a soldier's rune, I find healing surge to be superior to mending, especially since you are running with full adrenaline to maximize the previous two trait skills.

You made a typo, it's trait number 5 not 4, but yes, 12% Dmg, 9% crit, and a 9k heal with Surge. The build should be 10/20/0/30/10, and you might consider using cleric's amulet or similar in order to get some HP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warrior, shouts, boons, vulnerability, tough, support, damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users