Now, I know that there is a thread about this topic (and I am going to read it) but please, hear/read me out.
I am conducting a research on gender-bending in GW2 for my Game Culture class. I have prepared a few questions on the topic and I hope you will be willing to answer them.
The overall idea is to not only gather reasons for why players gender-bend (and how many do it) but also to get a wider picture of the whole phenomenon. I, myself, am a female who always prefers playing as males and it is intersting to give it a bigger thought.
ALSO! If you are someone who doesn't gender-bend, please share on why you do not do that.
I will not use the data outside of my term paper. It will not be published anywhere. No user information, such as user names, will be mentioned in the paper.
Ok, this introduction got a big long, onto the questions!
And here are the questions from it (without the what is your gender/age ones):
1. Why do you play as a character of the opposite gender?
2. Does it influence/change your gaming experience? How? (i.e. social aspects, aesthetics, makes the game easier, etc.)
3. Do you identify with your character? How?
4. Have you done gender-bending before? In what games?
5. Is Guild Wars 2 more gender-bending friendly? For example, are the graphics and designs more attractive than in other games?
6. Do you enjoy playing as the opposite gender in single-player games?
7. Do you admit to your real gender while interacting with other players?
8. Would you pose as someone of the opposite gender outside games?
Edited by mrs_pilon, 05 November 2012 - 07:03 PM.