• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Enscheff

Enscheff

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

The 6/6 benefit for Superior Rune of Strength is not working. All tests were done with 0 trait points spent and PvP Steady Axes. These are very expensive runes to purchase (2.5-3 gold) and they are pretty useless without the 6th benefit.

I equip 5 pieces of armor with the rune and attack the test dummy with an axe on auto attack. Chop, Double Chop and Triple Chop fire for 80, 86, 91 respectively, over and over. I then activate Signet of Might and my attacks jump to 83, 89, 95. Rinse and repeat until the test dummy dies.

I then equip the 6th piece of armor and my Chops again hit for 80, 86, 91, as expected. When I activate Signet of Might the Chops only hit for 83, 89, and 95. These are the same values before equipping the 6th piece of armor with the Superior Rune of Strength, so it appears the 5% bonus to damage is not being applied.

Additionally, during all this equipment swapping my benefit status from the runes ended up being displayed as 8/6. This remained even after logging out to desktop. It appears to only be a display bug, however it could be related.

Furthermore, in both cases when Might fades my Chops drop down to 77, 82, and 87 for a few cycles. These values are actually LOWER than the Chop values before Might was cast. This is most likely a bug with Might itself.

Edited by Enscheff, 04 November 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#2 Maxtofunator

Maxtofunator

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Um, an increase of 3-5 is actually a 5% increase in damage when you aren't hitting for 100 damage, but the bug is probably there where you deal less damage. 5% more damage is such a small increase in damage to begin with that until you start noticing things up in 500+ range, you won't see a difference, so my best bet is to run it a lot and try to see if your damage is always higher or lower, and see how well it works with multiple stacks of might to see if maybe that one might stack is bugged but it works at 2, or maybe 3, or 4

#3 Enscheff

Enscheff

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

There is nothing to notice or not notice.

If I hit for 83, 86, and 91 with the three different chops with Might applied and 5 runes, the same chops should hit for 5% more than those values when Might is up and 6 runes are worn.

I would expect to see hit values of 87, 90, and 95/96 with Might applied and 6 runes worn. That is pretty much how math works, no matter if someone notices it or not.

These numbers are constant and very easy to test. It is very clearly bugged.

Edited by Enscheff, 05 November 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#4 turbo234

turbo234

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I do agree with max, you should do higher damage number testing to really get a clear result.

#5 paradiselight

paradiselight

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostEnscheff, on 04 November 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Additionally, during all this equipment swapping my benefit status from the runes ended up being displayed as 8/6.
That's because you have 2 superior rune of the strength is your PvE armor. If you have 6/6 superior rune of the strength in your PvE armor, it'll show up as 12/6.

And the values are lower than the chop values before might was cast because signet of might passively increases power when it's not on CD.

By the way, you don't need high damage to test it. 5% of 80+ damage is at least a +4 increase in damage, which you should see in the test dummy. Besides, you can't get 500 damage with steady weapons. And if you're not using steady weapons, you can't make a consistent observation.

Edited by paradiselight, 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#6 Enscheff

Enscheff

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

View Postparadiselight, on 05 November 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

That's because you have 2 superior rune of the strength is your PvE armor. If you have 6/6 superior rune of the strength in your PvE armor, it'll show up as 12/6.

And the values are lower than the chop values before might was cast because signet of might passively increases power when it's not on CD.

By the way, you don't need high damage to test it. 5% of 80+ damage is at least a +4 increase in damage, which you should see in the test dummy. Besides, you can't get 500 damage with steady weapons. And if you're not using steady weapons, you can't make a consistent observation.

Finally, someone that gets what testing this stuff entails.

Thanks for clearing up the other issues. Didn't occur to me that the passive power bonus was not applied until the signet refreshed again.

#7 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostEnscheff, on 05 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Finally, someone that gets what testing this stuff entails.

Thanks for clearing up the other issues. Didn't occur to me that the passive power bonus was not applied until the signet refreshed again.

Yep, all signets work that way, the passive only active while the skill is not on cooldown.

Also if these are the numbers you saw I would agree the 5% bonus for 6/6 doesn't not appear to be working unless that 8/6 glitch from having soldier runes on your PvE gear is causing you to have that 5% without full soldiers on PvP gear. In that case though it would be causing you to have the 5% even when not having the might buff, which is still a bug.

#8 Enscheff

Enscheff

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

View Postadra12, on 05 November 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

Yep, all signets work that way, the passive only active while the skill is not on cooldown.

Also if these are the numbers you saw I would agree the 5% bonus for 6/6 doesn't not appear to be working unless that 8/6 glitch from having soldier runes on your PvE gear is causing you to have that 5% without full soldiers on PvP gear. In that case though it would be causing you to have the 5% even when not having the might buff, which is still a bug.

When I was running these tests I checked to make sure the 8/6 bug was only a display bug, and it was. When I equipped the 5th piece or armor my Power jump by 90 as expected, then the 6th piece caused no change in Power.

Pretty sure it's just the 6/6 benefit that is bugged, which is pretty much the whole point of getting those runes. I ended up selling the 2 I had and went with 4x Citadel for the Fury on being hit, then 2x Hoelbrak for the extra Power and Might duration.

Superior Rune of Vampirism benefit 6/6 is also bugged, as are any runes/sigils that make your next hit cause a life steal. I hacked on that dummy for a loooong time and didn't see a single life steal with the sigil of blood on my axe. I ended up going with Sigil of Fire for the AoE fire blast and Sigil of Force for the +5% damage since I could verify those actually work. I wanted the Sigil of Accuracy for the +5% crit rate, but I have my doubts it works, so I avoided it.

I have found the main challenge with picking runes/sigils to be finding ones that actually work.

Edited by Enscheff, 06 November 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#9 ProfGast

ProfGast

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostEnscheff, on 06 November 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Superior Rune of Vampirism benefit 6/6 is also bugged, as are any runes/sigils that make your next hit cause a life steal. I hacked on that dummy for a loooong time and didn't see a single life steal with the sigil of blood on my axe. I ended up going with Sigil of Fire for the AoE fire blast and Sigil of Force for the +5% damage since I could verify those actually work. I wanted the Sigil of Accuracy for the +5% crit rate, but I have my doubts it works, so I avoided it.
Your testing is somewhat suspect, as you need to actually have <100% hp in order for heals and life steal to take effect.  If you're hitting a dummy I can only assume that you're not in fact getting hit back, thus any life steal procs simply don't register, as you don't need to heal.  Just my .02

#10 Enscheff

Enscheff

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostProfGast, on 07 November 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

Your testing is somewhat suspect, as you need to actually have <100% hp in order for heals and life steal to take effect.  If you're hitting a dummy I can only assume that you're not in fact getting hit back, thus any life steal procs simply don't register, as you don't need to heal.  Just my .02

Quite possible, but I also tested it out while doing normal PvE and never saw a single life steal. Even if you are full health I would expect the damage dealt to the mob to still be inflicted, or the proc loses a largion of its usefulness. I noticed the Fire proc going off, but never life steal. However, it is entirely possible I just didn't see them.

Regardless, so many sigils and runes are bugged in this game I won't touch one unless I can confirm it actually works. There are simply too many bugged and useless ones out there to assume any single one truly works as intended.

The Strength Rune bug is especially troubling because a lot of people spend a lot of coin for 6 of those, and they don't even work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users