Edited by WendyEternity, 01 December 2012 - 05:37 PM.
Jump to content
Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:11 PM
Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:56 PM
Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:39 PM
Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:42 AM
i understand 60k EHP but could you break down your math as to how you get there? I don't doubt you I am just curious
Edited by WendyEternity, 05 November 2012 - 11:00 AM.
Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:34 AM
Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:57 AM
I have tried alot of different Guardian builds, but finally came to the conclusion, that in matters of Damage and Healing, Meditation is superior to the shout build(as in healing/dmg reduct. per second), as meditations give you about 16k EHP, when 4 meditations are used in a fight only. Together with all the Heals and HP im coming to a final EHP of 60k
The Damage is around 3000, 25% crit chance, 60% dmg reduction and 21k hp. I found this Combination to be pretty much usable for everything I want to: take hard hits while dealing considerable dmg. On top of that, alot of build I used were either dmg or tank with no dmg, but this kinda feels like im doing both without any cuts in any situations.
Of course the stability is missing, but kinda not sure how I should feel about.
Well less talking, what do YOU think about the effektiveness in any Situation?
Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:26 AM
- Mace no healing power
- Retributive Armour with crit too low
- Retal trait with no retal focus nor boon increased duration
- No stand your ground on defensive build
- No increased boon duration for protection
- Crit sigils, what even..
- Warrior runes??
Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:09 PM
1. The weapon choice doesnt realy matter, i also wrote so in another post, but now i moved it to the first. sorry about that, my fault. For bunkering in TPVP i take the scepter/shield and hammer
2. 1860 T gives around 5% of Crit Chance, as this build is already the optimum of Tankyness in terms of effectivness you can achieve by stats distribution. The only goal now, is too boost your Dmg output. And of course the only way to boost it with already 3000 Power is mathematically Crit Chance.
3. The retail Trait on aegis is by far the easiest to get without changing the current setup. Also you get a final Duration of 12 seconds of Retal, which boosts your dmg further
4. I explained that in the first post now, the only thing I found this build is lacking is Stability, however with Renewed Focus and the 2 Stun Breaker/Condi Removals you can get out of anything.
5. I dont even Aim for proctection that much, as I explained in the main post, protection is less viable than the heal you receive from the meds. If you take for example mace/shield you have at very least 7 seconds of protection, which is nice, but yeah, no shouts= no protection build.
6. Well since its the only dmg boosting option left (5% dmg < 5% crit in THIS case) . In Tpvp tho, I focus on Sigil of Energy, which also leads to the last points:
7. Warrior Runes. What are the Options? Earth, Sanctuary, Soldier. You definately want Vitality as its more effective as Thougness AT THIS POINT ( not generally). And since more toughness is not effective (you need more and more toughness to get further dmg reduction) its more effective to deal more dmg than reduce the incoming. Also the weapon switch with energy sigils is pretty neat. But you couldnt know this, because i wrote crit sigils, again my fault.
To be clear about this Build: I tried alot of Virtue Trait line or Healing Power builds in spvp, but in the end, healing power is pretty much bad. since the more hp you receive per second is so low and often work with reggen skills (which people can be positive or negative about).
And in the end, im tanking more with this build, holding my point way longer than other guardians.
And also the Shout build as a Bunker guardian, especially traited for AH, i dont really see the point, the whole point of holding a point is, that the others are away and win the game, of course they have to come for help since you cant tank all day long, but you dont really wanna wait with your shouts until then ( you cant).
Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:32 PM
1. I didn't see your post, wouldn't recommend that weapon set either way.
3.You can have a much higher uptime.
4. Without stability you'll lose a ton of stomps and reses, you're a Guardian. Also you won't hold cap points for long.
5. Protection is a lot better for a support guardian than meds. Also your mace/shield = very low damage when you're not in hammer.
6. Bloodlust >> 10% crit.
7. Earth or Mercy. Even soldier or Dolyak > Warrior. -1s doesn't even come close to cutting it for energy swap mods. When it stacks with a war trait that can be completely different.
Although healing power is awesome at high levels (selfless daring), you sac vit. Which means it's not viable at all, but 450healing power is good for small hp heals on dodge rolls and increasing your small heals by maybe 10-15% around (rough estimate). Easily achieved by 20 Honour + 25 Life stacks.
And Bunker Guardian doesn't mean "others are away and win game" 80% of the time, you generally play in the centre and have to support your allies to win. I assure you if you had 1 bunker on each team, one AH one med, the AH would give their team a giant advantage.
Sometimes yeah if you don't run an eng/mes you'll cover an edge cap point by yourself, but then you 100billion% need stand your ground and I assure you verse players who know how to play, lack of protection and condition removal will just kill you. I know you're going to think that you have CoP, but you need SY/CoP/SYG or SC/CoP/SYG or SY/HtL/SYG or even with hammer of wisdom/sanct.
tldr; can't support allies = burst nowhere near as effective and your team will have much less survivability.
Edited by WendyEternity, 05 November 2012 - 04:03 PM.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:46 PM
Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:02 PM
Can you please link me one of the viable Shout builds, that do in fact mitigate the incompatibility between the traits, Runes and Sigils?
Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:56 PM
Edited by WendyEternity, 08 November 2012 - 12:51 AM.
Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:53 AM
Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:03 PM
Edited by WendyEternity, 01 December 2012 - 04:04 PM.
Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:25 AM
Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users