• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cronag

Cronag

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hey all. I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a good build (including details on what equipment to use) for running in a zerg in WvW for my warrior. I'm using Yojack's warrior build right now and I'm not having a lot of luck. Any advice is much appreciated.

#2 Gervase

Gervase

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWOL]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I will quote myself from another thread:

This is my personal build for PvE and WvW:

http://www.gw2db.com...|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

I use a great sword as my main weapon and an axe/warhorn as my off weapon, yet I switch the off weapons vastly depending on situations, for example if we are sieging something I will switch them for my long bow, If I'm after someone I switch it for a rifle, so on so on, remember you can equip different gear when you are out of combat, so if you need to switch do it.My gear is pure knights gear with +vit/toughness/power accessories. As far as hp goes my hp is somewhere around the 25.4k. I crit quite often even with the lack of + precision gear. Specially since most great sword skills are multi hit skills.

Now the beauty of this build. For one you don't require bolas or any other physical skill for immobilization. Throw your great sword with blade trial and you immobilize them, multiple targets too if more than one gets hit, if you do it correctly the blade will hit them twice giving you 2 secs of immobilization, the same goes with Axe skill #3 so bringing the enemy to melee or rooting it for an escape becomes easier. My shouts heal me and since I use runes of the soldier they also remove other conditions, if not switch to war horn and you get to transform them into boons, This gives you access to boons such as regeneration and protection from common conditions like poison and bleeding or weakness. With FGJ and SR I get about 7 stacks of might and an increase in my crit chance, when I use hundred blades followed by whirlwind > blade trial and rush you get enough crits to boost those stacks of might from 7 - 14+ I can easily keep 18 - 25 stacks of might on me the whole time. Which means much much more damage.

So far I never loose 1 v 1, even fought hard enemies such as mesmers and guardians and won, some very good one placed very long lasting entertaining fights, but the average WvW player have yet to show a significant challenge.With this build if I time things correctly I can easily solo supply camps, so while the raid takes important stuff I keep the enemy supply starved, can easily take on multiple enemies at once as well. It also allows you to travel faster due to the ability to keep swiftness on all the time via war horn and signer of rage, use a sword in the main hand with #2 skill followed by greatsword #5 and you be flying through the field of battle.

I also made other more defensive builds, this one is my most offensive build and to be honest the most successful one. If you don't want to use the warhorn on the off hand or off weapon you can always switch the warhorn trait in the vit tree for faster shouts, or redo the whole vit tree over to banners, the banners can largely help your zerg as long as they stay close to them, however people tend to steal 'em "ANet needs to fix this asap" and over all they aren't as effective when doing 1 v X. X being the number of targets you are facing as they can kite you away from the banner.

#3 Sannhet

Sannhet

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

If you're not having luck with Yojacks build, a more melee oriented one such as the one Gervase posted could be more your speed. It would be easier to help you if you were more detailed with what you're looking for: are you trying to get kills? Be at range? Be at the front, leading the charge? Do you want a zerg buster build, a keep assaulting build? Something more support oriented? Be specific and we can help you much more than with just a generalized question.

Edited by unraveled, 08 November 2012 - 10:58 AM.
Removed reply to deleted content.

#4 NumNumPie

NumNumPie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

You're gonna find that running 30 points for the shouts is pretty standard for Warriors in WvW. You can do the warhorn for boons/condition removal, or you can do the shouts, or do the shouts+longbow 1200/+10 dmg vs foes on fire or the warhorn+banner for the regen/boons when taking a keep.

Other than that, it's up to you really. I trait 10 points into strength for the major trait which gives you the ability to deflect missiles when blocking. It. Is. Awesome. Use a sword/shield. Leap into a group of enemies, hit a few of them, cripple, etc, then when they turn on you, use "FEAR ME!" and start running back to friendly lines, then when they start using range, block them and have them kill themselves.

It's also the perfect counter to a thief with Thieves Guild because of their Unload which is reflected right back at them. It's great.

I run no strength, but 25 points into precision for the +10% dmg on bleeding foes. I use a superior sigil of bleeding, can't remember the name, so I can bleed enemies with my bow and set them on fire for an added 20% dmg. Plus, bleeding is a very common condition so you don't always have to apply it yourself.

Plus, you can easily switch from WvW to PvE just by changing out your traits so it saves money. I've been running it for a while now and have yet to change it out.

#5 Priest

Priest

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Ffor zerg surfing I would just stick with Yojacks build. You could also try Riven's long bow/great sword build. I prefer support and run a shout build, but I also run in a dedicated group of 4-5 people.

Edited by unraveled, 08 November 2012 - 10:59 AM.
Removed reply to deleted content.

#6 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

A large part of picking a build is deciding what you want to do, what role you wish to be part of and which weapons you wish to use.

There are control hammer builds, tanky/healy shield builds, glass cannon range builds,...

I would recommend taking a minute to decide what kind of play style you enjoy and come tell us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users