• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

http://www.gw2db.com...91|48790|48790|

The goal is to be able to just wade in and burn everything while having the ability to withstand a bit of a pounding... Stand Your Ground to prevent from getting CC-tossed about, but otherwise, just stand there and light 'em up.

Tips and suggestions are helpful, but I've been doing well leveling with this type of build.  Very effective in events.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#2 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

I don't know how effective Spirit Weapons are without the buffs, or at least the duration and recharge reduction.

I agree with the selection of the Torch, as it provides you additional area burning, though I find that the mace will be a little slow to maximize the duration of the the Torch skills. I would recommend replacing it with a Sword, which is speedier by a notch or two. Offers great mobility and a good burst/ range defense.

If you must use Mace, I'd pair it with the Focus as your "cooldown" set.

#3 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1426 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postjpg1, on 06 November 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

I don't know how effective Spirit Weapons are without the buffs, or at least the duration and recharge reduction.

To answer this ^, they are complete crap without having at the very least the +50% duration trait.

Also I should note that the minor "Symbolic Exposure" causes vulnerability but said vulnerability only lasts 3 seconds. So if your going the 5 extra points into zeal just for it I would suggest something else.

Next I should note that "Blind Exposure" only applies 1 stack of vulnerability... so generally speaking it's not worth crap due to their being much better choices.

Knowing the above I would drop 5 from zeal & put them into radiance for radiant power. It may not say how much the damage bonus is but it has been calculated by players to be around +10% to any foe that has any condition on them.

Lastly if your looking for a good damage build oriented on burns & damage I would suggest

http://www.gw2db.com...91|48790|48790| with all knights/valkyrie's gear & superior rune's of the wurm.

Even with this build though you dont want to use any gear that gives + condition damage as burning scaling sucks compared to just + power & precision in terms of damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users