• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scorpion

Scorpion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Finally able to craft exotic armor and was wondering what runes would be the use for high end areas and pvp. I usually use GS and rifle for PvE, probably hammer and rifle for PvP. Would power/precision/toughness be the best choice overall or should I focus on critical or condition damage?

#2 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

If you use shouts at all, Soldiers is probably your best choice.

#3 GoldenMonkey

GoldenMonkey

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

With your Runes I would start by looking what extra boons/abilities they give.  I totally agree with the Soldier rune statement, but because of the 'shouts remove a condition' thing rather than the toughness and vit. It fits my sword/damage over time playstyle like a glove.  Your style will be very different with your weaponset.  For stat considerations, maybe use the runes to improve low numbers that didn't get buffed by your armour or trinkets.

#4 ChuyDog08

ChuyDog08

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

I am a Warrior that uses a shout heal build with Bezerker’s armor.  I was using ruby orbs because I mostly run solo in PVE and like how quickly I can burn through mobs.  I put off buying runes because I did not want to invest the gold in something that did not look like it had a major upgrade from the Orbs and a possibility to reduce damage.  

This weekend I bought a full set 6/6 Superior Rune of the Soldiers to try since I am now in the 65+ level maps going for 100% world clear.  The mix of Shout build and SRotS is awesome.  I do not notice any damage or critical reduction.  I may have to do one or two additional swings to take down a foe, but I stay alive a lot longer.  The condition removal with shout bonus also works on other players.  My guild mate was with me last night in the Cursed Shore and actually commented on it.  They are an Engineer and could not remove conditions fast enough.  Running with me he stayed alive almost the whole night.  

I also use a Superior Sigil of Purity on my offhand weapon.  This takes conditions off almost on cue every 10 seconds.  

However, the thing I love about GW2 is that you can use almost any rune (or any setup) as long as you spec your character to benefit from “bonuses” that rune provides.  If you don’t know what specific type of character you want to be, then stick with Orbs as they provide a constant multi-attribute.  

Edited by ChuyDog08, 08 November 2012 - 08:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users