Here is a link for my version of a Burning Build for a Guardian.
Let me note a few things why I designed it as such:
For weapons, I specifically used Main Hand/Off-hand weapons for the reason that I can put in a lot of Sigils, and to maximize the use of the Grandmaster Trait Right-Hand Strength. For stats, it's a choice between Rampager's or Shaman's. (Although I don't feel any love for Healing Power, the combination of Condition Damage and Vitality is what I'm looking at.).
- Sword/Torch: This will be your DPS set, the Torch lives up well to the concept because of its AOE style burning. Managing the CD will not be much of a problem. I used one Superior Sigil of Smoldering for 10% increased duration for burning and Perception to boost your Critical Chance further.
- Mace/Focus: This is more of a defensive set but make no mistake as this set-up maximizes the Block-Burn combo offered by the Valor Tree. This set makes you defensive while most of your other Burning Skills are on CD. It also provides some heal which this Build, as I foresee it, needs a lot of. This is slotted with two Smoldering Sigils. (Or you could move the Perception here so you DPS set enjoys more burning duration)
For Trinkets, it's a Chrysocola based. For the accessory, it's the Guild Assassin Backpack or whichever lesser equivalent.
For Runes I just threw in two of each Superior Rune to unlock +15% duration to Burn, with the exception of Lyssa which gives +10% duration to condition, which marginally affects your Blind which you have on Reset with Renewed Justice, and one for each weapon set. You can switch out Lyssa for another Burn Duration Rune if you feel that you don't need to extend Blind.
This baby will be doing a 0/30/30/0/10. A High-Risk build from the look of it as it will not pour points into the Honor Tree. The risk will be varying if you went for a more Vitality with your Gears from the choice of Armor (Rampager's or Carrion, the second offering better survival with Vitality)
Radiance Line: Ups your Critical Chance. Unload all the damage you can do while your enemy is burning.
- Signet Mastery: Better Heal cooldown
- Torch Mastery: Cooldown Reduction to your DPS set.
- Right-Hand Strength: Both your Sets will enjoy this Trait. Self-Explanatory.
- Justice is Blind + Renewed Justice: This combo is very pivotal in this build as it gives you an active 5+ second Burn and Area Blind.
- Radiant Power: 10% Damage on Burning foes. Self-explanatory.
- Meditation Mastery: 2 out of 3 skills of the build will be affected.
- Defender's Flame: Blocking allows you to burn more Stuff. Easily replaceable by Retributive Armor to increase Precision further. But the marginal burn from this Trait, can help you gap some down time from burning.
- Monk's Focus: 2 out of 3 skills you have will become Healing on Demand. Smite Condition will be a 16s Heal, AOE Damage, and Condition Remover.
- Inspired Virtues: A bit of improvement to your Virtues, with Virtue of Justice resetting after every kill.
- Master of Consecrations: Reduces CD of Purging Flames, or whatever Consecration you might need for a certain situation.
This build boasts +60% or so increase in Burn Duration. I don't want to do the math right now. But some of the skills here will last 8 - 9 seconds of Burn, enough time for you to wail on your target(s).
I don't know if Critical Damage will take into consideration the 10% boost to damage to Targets with conditions (Burn) or which will be computed first - Critical Damage or the Trait Bonus.