• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Will there will be a way for us to personally gauge our performance in WvW/PvE?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Xodiak

Xodiak

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LaZy]

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

I did a search and found much of nothing, so if this is out there, it's buried deep in the forums or I looked in the wrong places.

After doing some heavy WvW the other day with a new support spec on my Guardian, I was wondering just how effective it really was, and how effective I was with it. I was wondering if anyone heard if Anet was planning on putting in some sort of report for your character to tell you what skills you used, how often, damage done/mitigated/healed etc.. everything you could think of. Sure, in WvW you're going to be put in a bunch of different positions so there will be lots of variables, but I don't believe that's cause for not allowing a person to see how they do?

Same goes for PvE stuff. In a dungeon run, or dynamic event.. aside from just assuming I did a lot for my given task (at the time..it changes as fights go on).. I'd REALLY like to know what I did. ..in my case being support, I'd LOVE to know how I healed, for how much, and how much my defense mitigated damage to teammates. Is this not something that can be shown to me at all? I figure this seems to be normal enough.

Lastly, I do not want anyone else to see my stats, I just want to know what I did.. so I can make myself better for my myriad of given roles I can undertake.

Anyone know if this sort of personal feature is coming down the pipe at all?

#2 Krazzar

Krazzar

Legend of the Norn

• Members
  • 7987 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

There is a combat log in the chat box. Just click the tab titled "Combat" and it will show you stats on your personal activity.

#3 Xodiak

Xodiak

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostKrazzar, on 06 November 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

There is a combat log in the chat box. Just click the tab titled "Combat" and it will show you stats on your personal activity.

Yes, I know about that.. but there is no way to tally that up, and compare. Well, no easy way. Imagine trying to go back through your entire combat log for about 30 minutes of action.. impossible.

#4 Jentari

Jentari

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 250 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Being that Anet is trying to keep GW2 ad different from other games as possible then I would most likely guess that they will not include something like this as other games have it.

#5 Krazzar

Krazzar

Legend of the Norn

• Members
  • 7987 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

View PostXodiak, on 06 November 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Yes, I know about that.. but there is no way to tally that up, and compare. Well, no easy way. Imagine trying to go back through your entire combat log for about 30 minutes of action.. impossible.

Yeah, but you can get a general idea of what you are doing by taking a look at the average numbers. For example, you can compare damage in/out between one build and another. Most of that stuff is rather complex and difficult to report in the first place, but I guess we'll have to stick to observation. I wonder if Anet is trying to avoid another build wars by leaving out a comprehensive combat log.

#6 Sponx

Sponx

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

They've made it very clear a long time ago that nothing of this sort will ever get implemented in the game.

And thank God for that. :)

#7 Princess Fatora

Princess Fatora

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

It wouldn't do the game any good, see how terrible it made WoW's community. Really, it makes people go stupid. Very, very stupid.

Amen. See stupid people in WoW trying to get tanks nerfed because in some dungeons, due to the mechanics some tanks "outdamaged" them on meters (uncapped damage slowly ticking away just added a higher total number, but that actually meant nothing).

#8 Xodiak

Xodiak

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

I disagree that it makes people stupid.. why can I not be told how my overall output was? Seems like a simple thing to give me, the game is doing calculations continually during actions, so it's being done.. I'm not asking the game to do anything it's not already doing, just open the curtain up and let me review my own results.
If I could see my own results.. in an effective and manageable manner.. how does that affect how you play the game?

#9 douglabeula

douglabeula

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

There is a combat log in the chat box.Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Xodiak

Xodiak

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Postdouglabeula, on 07 November 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Not talking about a combat log..a consolidated report on my performance just for me to view. It doesnt have to splash it over an exit screen in PvP or in a group window after completion of a dungeon.
Go ahead and run a 30 minute dungeon, or 30 minutes of PvP and then comb through all the data in there, and do offline calculations to get your info?.. no thank you bucko--that's absolutely silly.

#11 RabidusIncendia

RabidusIncendia

Seraph Guardian

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1953 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostSponx, on 06 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

They've made it very clear a long time ago that nothing of this sort will ever get implemented in the game.

Where did they say that?  I thought they implied the opposite.  I remember quite clearly the. saying they track all of this data but were not sure just how much to let players see, implying they would be able to see something someday.  Whether it's visible to the party is another thing, and I really don't think that would benefit the game at all.

View Postdouglabeula, on 07 November 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

So a more comprehensive thing is bad, but a crappy version is good?

Edited by RabidusIncendia, 08 November 2012 - 01:24 AM.

Fun while it lasted.  I guess.

#12 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

Those things always lead to people using them as excuse for calling nerfs/buffs where they are not due, throwing shit at certain classes or builds, create "requirements" to partecipate content, etc.
No good ever came out of damage meters.

#13 Khetnen

Khetnen

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

I fyou want to know your damage output, go to spvp and create your PvE build there, then use the training dummies that tell you you dps.

#14 DOSGAMES

DOSGAMES

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HoH]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

It's a tough call. I too would like to have a unified way of interpreting player/build/composition performance. But, I don't think it's necessary and you can just judge by how things feel. In WoW with a 25man raid, those meters were mostly there to see who is asleep at the wheel. Anet never explicitly said they didn't want these meters, they only implied it by not allowing 3rd party mods.

Edited by DOSGAMES, 08 November 2012 - 11:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users