Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

I hate people like this.(WvW Related)

wvw hardcore moron

  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Tumri

Tumri

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Location:IGN: Aerion / Tumri.7892
  • Guild Tag:[iQ]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

I was minding my own business in Lion's Arch checking if a buy order had filled before heading off to class. I had my commander tag from earlier since I typically turn it on in Cursed Shore as a Dynamic Event beacon. I get this random whisper from a guy named "<redacted>" asking why the hell I'm in Lion's Arch when apparently the BG Borderlands needed help. I said we were up by 40k points(50% lead over JQ) and that I didn't care and had to head to class in 10 minutes. I proceeded to log off. Later when I logged back on I found this in a mail. The guy was still online and this was the conversation.

*Link removed*

Typically I don't get mad but I'm disgusted by people like this randomly bitching at others for not taking WvW super hardcore serious every moment I'm logged in. The times I've gone into WvW I've mostly left my tag off unless I was actually doing something useful. I'm not obligated to spend every waking moment obsessing over an imaginary war effort because I spent 100g for a freaking blue tag. This obsessively hardcore attitude is especially annoying since WvW is the least balanced and least competitive form of PvP in the game. His crap is made worse by the fact that we had a massive lead (145k-100k-82k) and at that point it was basically a shitstomp to demoralize the other sides.

Edit: Just to clarify by "class" I mean college. Somehow I suspect he assumed I meant middle school because that's the furthest he got.

Mod edit: Please blur out the names of the characters so as to avoid harassment.

Edited by Leyana, 06 November 2012 - 09:32 PM.
Don't post names either


#2 Nalano

Nalano

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Location:NY f'n C
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

One day he'll realize that with standard MMO gold inflation, everybody and their pet will have a commander tag.

He'll be apoplectic.

#3 Beastgate

Beastgate

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 423 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Some people just can't handle winning very well.

#4 Senatic

Senatic

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1908 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Don't... Feed... The trolls...

Srsly, just don't. Block is there for a reason.

Edited by Senatic, 06 November 2012 - 08:04 PM.


#5 Tumri

Tumri

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Location:IGN: Aerion / Tumri.7892
  • Guild Tag:[iQ]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostSenatic, on 06 November 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Don't... Feed... The trolls...

Srsly, just don't. Block is there for a reason.

Blocked immediately after saying "Have fun." in the last SS. I realized I couldn't win at that point since he was either...

a. A no-lifer that did nothing but obsess over WvW.
b. A fat undesirable that had nothing else to live for and would bitch at me for hours to validate himself.
c. A hardcore dedicated troll.

Edited by Tumri, 06 November 2012 - 08:12 PM.


#6 Use Your Illusion

Use Your Illusion

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

It always goes back to: "Log in, stomp people, have fun, screw the score"

#7 Swift Red

Swift Red

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TotA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostTumri, on 06 November 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Blocked immediately after saying "Have fun." in the last SS. I realized I couldn't win at that point since he was either...

a. A no-lifer that did nothing but obsess over WvW.
b. A fat undesirable that had nothing else to live for and would bitch at me for hours to validate himself.
c. A hardcore dedicated troll.
I'd say it would be all of the above.

#8 Global_GW2

Global_GW2

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 681 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hey, what's wrong with being fat and 40? *cries in a corner*

#9 Alathon

Alathon

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostGlobal_GW2, on 06 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Hey, what's wrong with being fat and 40? *cries in a corner*
Being fat.

#10 RDarken

RDarken

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Location:New York, NY
  • Guild Tag:[Dii]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

I can't really read the screenshots, but it didn't look like you were exactly nice. Even in your summary here, you said part of your response was "I didn't care." Could have been a little softer, I think.

#11 Ricoz

Ricoz

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

I personally dont know this person and only occasionally see this cover girl in LA. But i know earlier today WM was trolling him because of something this guy said to them about WM being only pvdoor only or something. Was quite hilarious actually.

#12 JONO51

JONO51

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

should have replied to his mail with an ascii turd with his name on it.

#13 MonsterDemon

MonsterDemon

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Don't worry too much about it.  Some people takes this game a little way too serious.  I've seen commanders cussing out like mad in chats.  Those are the commanders I completely won't follow or assist in way, shape or form.  I also avoid following their zerg as they are also the weakest links in game as well.  Sure they might have a huge zerg, but they get slaughtered like sheeps.  It's not always just a numbers game.  I say just enjoy the game and do what you can whether you're winning or losing.  Ignore those who just bash you.  I know I do...

#14 Superhiro

Superhiro

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location:Guangzhou
  • Guild Tag:[NYS]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostTumri, on 06 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

I was minding my own business in Lion's Arch checking if a buy order had filled before heading off to class. I had my commander tag from earlier since I typically turn it on in Cursed Shore as a Dynamic Event beacon. I get this random whisper from a guy named "<Redacted>" asking why the hell I'm in Lion's Arch when apparently the BG Borderlands needed help. I said we were up by 40k points(50% lead over JQ) and that I didn't care and had to head to class in 10 minutes. I proceeded to log off. Later when I logged back on I found this in a mail. The guy was still online and this was the conversation.

*Link removed*

Typically I don't get mad but I'm disgusted by people like this randomly bitching at others for not taking WvW super hardcore serious every moment I'm logged in. The times I've gone into WvW I've mostly left my tag off unless I was actually doing something useful. I'm not obligated to spend every waking moment obsessing over an imaginary war effort because I spent 100g for a freaking blue tag. This obsessively hardcore attitude is especially annoying since WvW is the least balanced and least competitive form of PvP in the game. His crap is made worse by the fact that we had a massive lead (145k-100k-82k) and at that point it was basically a shitstomp to demoralize the other sides.

Edit: Just to clarify by "class" I mean college. Somehow I suspect he assumed I meant middle school because that's the furthest he got.

Mod edit: Please blur out the names of the characters so as to avoid harassment.

you commander ,you have duty to sbi.  world much bigger than you

if you no serious of hardcore then no be commander , understand?

<Redacted> warms my heart ,walks honor.

i eat popcorn now from backrow but you start bring honor like <Redacted>

Edited by Leyana, 06 November 2012 - 10:30 PM.
No


#15 1up

1up

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[PRX]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Quote

Edit: Just to clarify by "class" I mean college. Somehow I suspect he assumed I meant middle school because that's the furthest he got.

So true it's retarded... Literally!

#16 Meldios

Meldios

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CoF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostSuperhiro, on 06 November 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

you commander ,you have duty to sbi.  world much bigger than you

if you no serious of hardcore then no be commander , understand?

<Redacted> warms my heart ,walks honor.

i eat popcorn now from backrow but you start bring honor like <Redacted>

You didn't threaten to take his women away. You're slipping.

#17 Herr_Gebrechen

Herr_Gebrechen

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Location:.de
  • Guild Tag:[Crow]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hating people for such things is wrong.

#18 Tarkus

Tarkus

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 133 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[OnS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostTumri, on 06 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

I was minding my own business in Lion's Arch checking if a buy order had filled before heading off to class. I had my commander tag from earlier since I typically turn it on in Cursed Shore as a Dynamic Event beacon. I get this random whisper from a guy named "<redacted>" asking why the hell I'm in Lion's Arch when apparently the BG Borderlands needed help. I said we were up by 40k points(50% lead over JQ) and that I didn't care and had to head to class in 10 minutes. I proceeded to log off. Later when I logged back on I found this in a mail. The guy was still online and this was the conversation.

I understand why you are frustrated, but keep in mind that a lot of guilds (not only the super-uber-mega hardcore PvP ones) have members that get annoyed when they see a commander with their icon on just idling in LA. When I was on ET, commander icons that were used to  basically scream "Hai guys used to have 100 gold" were soon known as epeen tags and this usually lead to a negative attitude against those commanders. While I do understand you guys do PvP (I have seen you guys around in the borderlands *shakes fist*), a lot of commanders don't and a simple way to stop this from happening again is to report the abusive players, block them and then make sure that you remember to remove the tag next time you leave the cursed shore.

The only thing is that this is going to become more common due to everyone getting richer, because like or not some players see getting the 100 gold for the tag as end-game material or just to go "look at me-look at me".

#19 Earendil

Earendil

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AB]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostMeldios, on 06 November 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

You didn't threaten to take his women away. You're slipping.

Where is Merody when you need him :)

Anyway - I see you have the iQ tag - if that's the Idiot savants of old GW1 that's a tag of power.

People should not take WvW too seriously. Those who do cause only suffering - mostly to themselves.

Your anger towards that player is also a bit over the board. His intentions were basically honorable, but probably his actions were less skilled.

Having a commander icon turned on exposes yourself to reactions. You should feel ready to face them with a calm mind before turning it on.

Any sort of anger clouds your reasoning. Don't.

#20 justf0rnow

justf0rnow

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostTarkus, on 07 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:



I understand why you are frustrated, but keep in mind that a lot of guilds (not only the super-uber-mega hardcore PvP ones) have members that get annoyed when they see a commander with their icon on just idling in LA. When I was on ET, commander icons that were used to  basically scream "Hai guys used to have 100 gold" were soon known as epeen tags and this usually lead to a negative attitude against those commanders. While I do understand you guys do PvP (I have seen you guys around in the borderlands *shakes fist*), a lot of commanders don't and a simple way to stop this from happening again is to report the abusive players, block them and then make sure that you remember to remove the tag next time you leave the cursed shore.

The only thing is that this is going to become more common due to everyone getting richer, because like or not some players see getting the 100 gold for the tag as end-game material or just to go "look at me-look at me".

I know right, commander in LA or any other PvE map is like attention seeking whore in facebook
One time, when i was doing a daily achivement on human starting area, a stupid kid with commander mark yells at me because i kill the DE mobs too fast and he could get the credit thus he only got silver
And he said hes a commander, i shouldve let him attack first or wait for his orders...
Knowing that be must be retarded spoiled kid with rich parents, i show him my commander mark while saying "im in charge with the order as well, but only in wvw when they needs a commander, not in PvE" before i took it off again
And i bet he report me cause he just stood there for a full minute before he starts yelling again, in Map chat...

Edited by justf0rnow, 07 November 2012 - 08:08 AM.


#21 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

I do see your point.

But I do however also see his point.

Unless you gained all those 100g yourself for your tag you do have at least some kind of responsibility to the ones that helped you.

Sure you can't always play WvW and that is your right, but saying you do not care about it could be seen as a slap in the face to people that might have helped you with the gold.

#22 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

    Vanguard Scout

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

I would say the fault is on both ends, am sorry, but that's how I see it. For Cursed Shore events, you really don't need Commander tag or any beacon on. People know where Plinx starts and ends, hell, even where a particular ooze or Vet Drake shows up. Even I find it weird to find a Commander icon on my map in PvE, the best I do is just ignore them or not follow them around if at all they show up in WvW. I don't mind if I see the same players in PvE with icon turned off, but with icon, you're telling every player who you are and that's enough to grab public attention and raise their eyebrows.

People tend to think of it as someone who's supposed to lead others in WvWvW. Anet should've restricted the icon to WvW but well, they've given us an option to turn it off as well. And the other guy who shouted at you for this thing is at fault as well for taking things too serious. You seriously don't need a commander icon to win a fight, unless it's a huge battle and things are really bad for your team. People always take initiatives and lead others which is quite a common scenario in most of the battles when there's no blue icon.
All of this is subjective of course. Some like to show their icon, and others like to take things hardcore. Best thing you can do is just ignore. "Hate" is a too strong word for such stuff :) Good day!

Edited by phani_kaushik, 07 November 2012 - 08:23 AM.


#23 Stovokor X

Stovokor X

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Kinda funny though this happened while the lead is insurmountable. I would say it comes with the territory if you are an actual WvW commander. ..... turning on Commander tags in LA / Orr  invites this.

If someone random like PvE'er with Commander tag is getting harassed like this ... likely troll. Inviting confusion on the map is asking for trouble.

#24 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 983 posts
  • Location:Insane
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

He probably saw someone rant about this on a forum (commanders in Lion's Arch) and decided to be a tough guy and fight the good fight, blah blah blah...

Did he have a blue pin? If not, I would have had some choice words for him. Video game tough guys are so cool.

#25 Nalano

Nalano

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Location:NY f'n C
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 07 November 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

Unless you gained all those 100g yourself for your tag you do have at least some kind of responsibility to the ones that helped you.

I read that as "you have an obligation to the guild that donated money towards your commander fund."

I fail to see how that is extended to every random scrub in the game.

#26 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostNalano, on 07 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

I read that as "you have an obligation to the guild that donated money towards your commander fund."

I fail to see how that is extended to every random scrub in the game.

Of course. IF all money was giving from the guild.
There are however several cases where random players have donated gold in order to make someone a Commander.

And yes, even if it was only from the Guild he did have some kind of obligation to them.
There is no reason to use the Commander Tag outside of WvW. They payed for the WvW ability and they should have the right to tell him to do WvW :)

#27 Nalano

Nalano

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Location:NY f'n C
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 07 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Of course. IF all money was giving from the guild.
There are however several cases where random players have donated gold in order to make someone a Commander.

And yes, even if it was only from the Guild he did have some kind of obligation to them.
There is no reason to use the Commander Tag outside of WvW. They payed for the WvW ability and they should have the right to tell him to do WvW :)

Just because a random scrub gave you a gold coin doesn't mean you're beholden to all random scrubs.

There's no reason to castigate somebody for wearing a commander tag in a PvE zone. How does it negatively affect you?

#28 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostNalano, on 07 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Just because a random scrub gave you a gold coin doesn't mean you're beholden to all random scrubs.

There's no reason to castigate somebody for wearing a commander tag in a PvE zone. How does it negatively affect you?

And what if this "random scrub" was one of those that had actually given gold to the OP? The story does not inform us about that.
The point still stands: If you have gotten the Commander Tag with the help of others you do have a responsibility. If you don't care about WvW why get it in the first place?

#29 Nalano

Nalano

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Location:NY f'n C
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 07 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

And what if this "random scrub" was one of those that had actually given gold to the OP? The story does not inform us about that.
The point still stands: If you have gotten the Commander Tag with the help of others you do have a responsibility. If you don't care about WvW why get it in the first place?

The OP specifically stated that he did not know who that guy was.

And no, you do not have a responsibility. This is a game, not a job. You want me to be responsible? Pay me real money.

#30 Sayura

Sayura

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 218 posts
  • Location:Baltimore
  • Guild Tag:[OPSN]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

The hate is strong with this one.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users