• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 1 votes

How is the Guardian Balanced compared to Warrior?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 foofad

foofad

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

View PostSpelignErrir, on 23 November 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Guardian is meant to last. Health is only useful in the short term. With a lower health pool and much higher defenses, healing, of which Guardians have the most numerous and strongest of, is far more effective.

An 8k heal on a guardian with 11k hp and 3200 armor is much more significant than an 8k heal on a warrior with 20k hp and 2200 armor.

No, it's not. It's only significant in that its a higher percentage of your health pool, but that's meaningless. Guardians do have more sources of healing than warriors do, though. And each one of those additional heals that you have and a warrior doesn't are what mitigate the perceived HP gap. Warriors don't have Altruistic Healing, which goes a very long way in closing the gap.

#32 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

-They both have roughly equal base survival.
-The Warrior has more base damage. The Guardian has to build for damage.
-The Guardian has more base support. The Warrior has to build for support.

In the end, you can get equal degrees of damage/support/survival, the only difference is how much you have to adjust your build for it.

There are, however, slight imbalances on both sides in a few aspects (such as ranged damage), but at the base level both can build for damage/support/survival with comparable results.

Edited by Alaroxr, 26 November 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#33 CondasEgera

CondasEgera

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

My main is a warrior and my guardian just passed lv 60 last night. In wvw my only complaint with guardians is that I cannot stay on any targets. I use a gap closer and I only get 1 or 2 attacks in before needing another gap closer. It turns into me blowing cooldowns at someone who WILL get away no matter what. Unless someone is gunning for me I don't get to fight, and they tend to be a theif who just stealth/runs when they realise it was a mistake. Overall my warrior is way more fun and deadly because of this. Think guardians need more slowing options. Everyone just gets away with swiftness which can't be countered by using swiftness yourself as chasing in any form of pvp is a fools erand. My warrior can perma swift and perma slow my target given they don't have a way to cleanse it as well as nice target control with my hammer.

#34 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostCondasEgera, on 26 November 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

My main is a warrior and my guardian just passed lv 60 last night. In wvw my only complaint with guardians is that I cannot stay on any targets. I use a gap closer and I only get 1 or 2 attacks in before needing another gap closer. It turns into me blowing cooldowns at someone who WILL get away no matter what. Unless someone is gunning for me I don't get to fight, and they tend to be a theif who just stealth/runs when they realise it was a mistake. Overall my warrior is way more fun and deadly because of this. Think guardians need more slowing options. Everyone just gets away with swiftness which can't be countered by using swiftness yourself as chasing in any form of pvp is a fools erand. My warrior can perma swift and perma slow my target given they don't have a way to cleanse it as well as nice target control with my hammer.

I agree with this. It's why the Scepter is a MUST have for WvW if you're thinking of doing any small group warfare or 1v1 combat. With the Hammer I can CC you for a bit, but most players use their defensive cooldowns when they're trapped and then just run. With the GS/Sword I can close the gap, but it's hard to just stay next to them. I use Superior Sigil of Ice on both my weapon sets now, but it doesn't fix the issue.

Edited by Alaroxr, 28 November 2012 - 04:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users