#1 Manaphus

Manaphus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TLG]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

So ive been levelling my artificer skill alot recently (lv 90 or something now and yes I know this is far from max) and I have not found anything to craft that I havnt already found a better piece of equiment (such as my staff god I love that thing) should I keep going or choose a different discipline?

#2 omar316

omar316

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BRG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostManaphus, on 07 November 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

So ive been levelling my artificer skill alot recently (lv 90 or something now and yes I know this is far from max) and I have not found anything to craft that I havnt already found a better piece of equiment (such as my staff god I love that thing) should I keep going or choose a different discipline?

You could, just for the Master Crafter title or something.

#3 Scardydog

Scardydog

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Eventually you will be able to make exotic weapons and "powerful" potions that people use in dungeons to increase their damage against various mobs.

#4 Manaphus

Manaphus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TLG]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostScardydog, on 07 November 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Eventually you will be able to make exotic weapons and "powerful" potions that people use in dungeons to increase their damage against various mobs.

Ah good so there is some point to it thanks for telling me that I was just about to switch to Jeweler

#5 cthulhuazathoth

cthulhuazathoth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostManaphus, on 07 November 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

This is the same for all crafting except cooking. Even at 400 without unlock you are not going to get superior gears from crafting.  Most of the  exotic craft items require a recipe unlock and require exotic lvl mats which are not necessary ez to farm.  Really come down to what is your plan.

If you eventually only see yourself to be using one set of exotic (or only planing to play one toon) you will be better off in saving up the gold and buy it off TP. You can also try to find a good size guild and most will have multiple lvl 400 willing to help you to make one for free.

Let me give u an example: Bersker Pearl Sabre (a lvl 80 orange sword) for example: usually run for bit less than 3G at TP. Beside the  ori ore and basic stuff u will also need 5 ectos. Only way to get ectos is to salvage lvl78+ yellow items.... the bill act up very quickly and 3G doesn't sound too bad anymore.

But if your aim is for legendary items than crafting is a must.

#6 Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

Don't listen to this guy ^.

If your plan is to craft your level 80 exotics, crafting will be cheaper than buying off the TP.

Currently you could buy a Berserker's Pearl Sabre off the TP for 3.5 G, or you could make one yourself for 3.15 G.

#7 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

The final item, yes it will always be pricey on TP, nobody wants to sell something they crafted for a loss, lol. Refinements sometimes tend to be less pricey compared to buying the raw material and the additional components. Artificing is good and cheaper if you go potions way. You'd still spend quite some amount but you'll make it back or use them for yourself to level up.  With booster, with artificing alone, you can level up 5-10 levels. It depends on what your goal is. If leveling up faster with crafting is your aim, go for it, pop in a booster and make crystals & potions alone and you can get 10 levels up before one booster runs off and you'd be at 400 artificing. If just making items for yourself or to sell is your goal, maybe you can lookup the difference on TP between the cost of buying an ore, for example and a lump of tin or whatever from merchant, and crafting a refinement, and the price for the refinement itself.

Not sure if I make any sense or been helpful, but just my 2 cents on the topic :D

#8 cthulhuazathoth

cthulhuazathoth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostCobalt60, on 08 November 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

Currently you could buy a Berserker's Pearl Sabre off the TP for 3.5 G, or you could make one yourself for 3.15 G.

At the same time a 60 mins farm trip at Orr can ezly net u 1-2 G ... is that 70 silver that important? ou can burn that much in a poor dungeon run or WvW. IMHO, generic orange item not worth the time and effort. If you really want to save coins, just go collect the mats and ask someone in your guild to make it for you.

#9 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

http://www.reddit.co...artificer_1400/ best one. a few weeks ago while NPCing all the result, it only cost me 40silver to level up.

#10 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I don't know what people are talking about.  You can get mats from farming Orr and Ghostforge, and you can get your ectos from either dungeon runs or just buying them.  Even at 20 a piece it will only cost 1G and if you sell for 3G, you still  make 2G profit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: discipline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users