• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bmub

Bmub

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

How likely is it, that they become more useful and expensive? Afaik it's the only 400 Crafting Material without a (real) use.

#2 NeoSaigon

NeoSaigon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Um, they make 4 runes already?  What's the point of your topic?  You want them to make 8 runes?

They're cheap because you get 1000s in Orr.  Rune of the Undead is an amazing rune?  How is that not useful.

#3 Bmub

Bmub

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostNeoSaigon, on 07 November 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Um, they make 4 runes already?  What's the point of your topic?  You want them to make 8 runes?

They're cheap because you get 1000s in Orr.  Rune of the Undead is an amazing rune?  How is that not useful.

They make 4 runes only. I would love to see some MF recipes or something. All of the other 400 Crafting stuff is useable in the MF.

#4 JunoGuts

JunoGuts

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

More MF? i think there are lots of mats to get some MF buff!
Make it rather gold drop or karma buff or stats buff

Edited by JunoGuts, 07 November 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#5 Bmub

Bmub

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostJunoGuts, on 07 November 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

More MF? i think there are lots of mats to get some MF buff!
Make it rather gold drop or karma buff or stats buff

With MF I meant Mystic Forge, sorry. :S

#6 Scubazombeh

Scubazombeh

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I have about 40g worth of piles invested (roughly 20,000). It's a relatively safe investment since most of the supply on the outpost is at vendor price.

There is little to no risk to invest in it, and the rewards are huge.

Remember how Anet early on released temporary recipes to adjust supply? They will do the same for this recipe, and I'm sure they will make it so you need 250 piles to put in the forge since there are just so many on the market.

#7 Ophois

Ophois

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostScubazombeh, on 07 November 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

I have about 40g worth of piles invested (roughly 20,000). It's a relatively safe investment since most of the supply on the outpost is at vendor price.

There is little to no risk to invest in it, and the rewards are huge.

Remember how Anet early on released temporary recipes to adjust supply? They will do the same for this recipe, and I'm sure they will make it so you need 250 piles to put in the forge since there are just so many on the market.

If I was you and would sit on 20.000 items, I would say exactly the same  on such a big forum to make the prices rise..

#8 Psilocin

Psilocin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostOphois, on 07 November 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

If I was you and would sit on 20.000 items, I would say exactly the same  on such a big forum to make the prices rise..

It might take a year, or maybe even three, but its safe to assume that the price has to rise eventually.

#9 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

I think he was being genuinely honest and not trying to pump and dump he didn't create the thread.

#10 Scubazombeh

Scubazombeh

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm sorry but holding 20,000 items and dumping them isn't exactly going to make an effect on a huge market due to huge amounts of supply and little to no demand. I'd have to get everyone to buy into the scheme and that's just not gonna happen..

However, I did check yesterday and the lowest selling price was about 70c (probably due to the bot bans). So I already made a profit if I decided to sell now, but I'm still holding on to it until we get definitive recipes.

#11 RabidusIncendia

RabidusIncendia

Seraph Guardian

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1953 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

He;s really just saying the truth.  There is literally 0 risk to vendor price materials.  I can't see how anyone can't see it as a good investment.  You can just vendor them if you give up on the investment for almost no loss, yet is has the potentia double or triple in price.  So.. 5% risk for 200-300% possible profit?  Very very very safe,
Fun while it lasted.  I guess.

#12 Silvercat18

Silvercat18

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I thought that this might be a fun way to get into this whole trading thing. I bought up a couple of stacks and will hang on to them for a while, to see if anything happens, perhaps with this lost coast patch. As was said above, if nothing does, i can vendor them at a minimal loss and the experience has been fun, so pays for itself even if it doesnt work out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users