#1 LithePanther

LithePanther

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

This is my GS/Rifle build -- http://www.guildhead...agRmGx9MaVsVkaV

As you can see, it's missing 10 traits.

I'd like to know if going 10 points into tactics for the trait increasing damage on the number of boons (nearly constant 3 boons) or adding 10 more points into discipline for the extra critical damage would be a better damage boost.

#2 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

First of all, instead of having both the rifle and GS trait in Arms, you should grab the GS one and then swap when you know the fight will be mostly ranged (Nente in AC)

Honestly if you're going to do anything with those last 10 points its Disc for Sig Mastery no doubt with your build.

However, due to what I'm seeing here, I'm going to offer you a well theory crafted Boon Greatsword build that me and a warrior expert came up with.

Here is a spread sheet showing the gear you'll want.

I will post a lengthy build description in just a moment.

No man wishes to hear his enemy speak these words.

No team lacking these words shall be free of fear.

Know these words and shout!

VVV -Click the box- VVV

Posted Image

"Shake It On My Great Justice!"

Thrusting in the Buff

Boon Greatsword

10/20/0/30/10

Trait Lines

Berserker's Power and Heightened Focus
These Traits in conjunction with Healing Surge will make the most out of having max Adrenaline, and never using your Burst.

Rending Strikes and Forceful Greatsword
The key to this build is receiving Might from critical hits with the Greatsword, and gaining Vulnerability on critical hits supports your team and increases your damage.

Empowered and the Tactics Traits
We go into Tactics for the Boon duration and survivability. By doing so we gain Vigorous Shouts to support and heal our allies using Shouts, and Lung Capacity to enhance Vigorous Shouts. Empowered is used over other Traits here due to the nature of the build. You will be gaining a constant 5% damage increase from your own boons that are nigh permanent, and thanks to your 45% Boon duration, any Boons that your allies happen to give you will stay on you longer and help increase your damage even more.

Utility Skills

"Shake It Off!"
This is your group Condition remover, use it wisely. Conditions like Immobilize, Chill, and Cripple should not be removed with this skill. Prioritize damaging Conditions like Bleeds, Poison, Vulnerability, Burning, etc.

"On My Mark!"
Your constant group 5% damage buff, to be used whenever it is off Cooldown. This skill also puts a red ring around the called enemy's feet, this can be useful if you are in a pug and need to call a target.

"For Great Justice!"
Another great synergy in this build, this skill allows you to give yourself permanent Fury and Might even if you aren't in combat. This should be used whenever it comes of Cooldown.

Elite Skill

Signet of Rage
Due to your Boon duration, Might duration, and the combination of this skill and "For Great Justice!", you can have permanent Fury, Might, and nearly permanent Swiftness. In this build this Elite is more useful than Battle Standard as the amount of damage you give yourself surpasses the amount you would give to your allies with Battle Standard. It is a great Elite and what it lacks in "team" support it makes up for in mobility, damage, and it's short Cooldown. In a small number of circumstances the resurrection ability of Battle Standard does make it marginally more useful than this Signet of Rage.

Gear and Gems

Knight's Armor
You will want Knight's gear for this build as it will give you enough Precision and Toughness to reach maximum stacks of Might, without being downed easily. Cleric's gear will increase your healing and support capabilities, but it will only water down your damage.

Gems and Accessories
For this build it is best to take a mixture of Sapphire (Cleric's stats) and Ruby (Berserker's stats) Gems and Accessories. The reason for this is that your damage is already top notch for this type of build, but your healing is a little mediocre. Taking up some gear with Cleric's stats will help to enhance your healing and group support. This will also make the most out of the 25 Healing that you already have from the Monk Runes. Mix and match them as you please, find the numbers that you are comfortable with.

Sigils and Runes
To maximize Might gains we have put Sigil of Strength into our Greatsword and Spear, and to get more delicious Vulnerability when we swap weapons we have Sigil of Frailty in our Rifle and Harpoon Gun. The Runes used maximize Might duration, increase Power and Healing, and increase our overall Boon Duration. These allow us to have a few permanent Boons, and keep useful but unnecessary Boons around for longer. Therefore increasing our damage, survivability, and support.

#3 LithePanther

LithePanther

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

While that's certainly an interesting build I'm not really looking for any kind of support build. I'm going pure glass cannon because my warrior is my farmer.

I took both the rifle and GS traits because i'm not interested with either of the 2 last traits for the tree, and i swap nearly constantly between them (i like using the GS to quickly create adrenaline and swap to rifle for a kill shot burst)

So you think the extra 10 points in discipline is stronger then the 10 in tactics?

#4 Dank Rafft

Dank Rafft

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KUH]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostLithePanther, on 08 November 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

So you think the extra 10 points in discipline is stronger then the 10 in tactics?
Absolutely. Lower signet recharge boosts your overall PvE speed and with +10% crit damage you'll kill faster.
But I wonder why you use the rifle. In general PvE it isn't necessary to go ranged even with the high damage from Kill Shot, since you'll lower your dps for the next few seconds and using a grandmaster trait slot for the usage of just one skill is subpar. Imo you'll fare better if you change Crack Shot to Last Chance or Deep Cuts since the longer the bleeds are the longer you'll profit from Attack of Opportunity. The alternative is to put the last 5 points from Arms to Discipline to get another 5% crit damage and Versatile Power.

Edited by Dank Rafft, 08 November 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#5 LithePanther

LithePanther

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'll definetely run 20 in discipline. I'll keep your suggestion about deep cuts into consideration. How about 25 points in arms for the extra damage when not full on endurance?

Also, what would you reccomend me to use instead of frenzy? I'm not a huge fan of it

Edited by LithePanther, 08 November 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#6 Lucav

Lucav

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SC]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostLithePanther, on 08 November 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'll definetely run 20 in discipline. I'll keep your suggestion about deep cuts into consideration. How about 25 points in arms for the extra damage when not full on endurance?

Also, what would you reccomend me to use instead of frenzy? I'm not a huge fan of it
The 25 point talent in arms is +10% damage on bleeding foes, its one of the best damage bonuses warriors have when paired with the 5 point talent from arms.

Edited by Lucav, 08 November 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#7 LithePanther

LithePanther

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostLucav, on 08 November 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

The 25 point talent in arms is +10% damage on bleeding foes, its one of the best damage bonuses warriors have when paired with the 5 point talent from arms.

Whoops, I meant the 25 pointer in strength xD

So.

http://www.guildhead...cR9wpp9MGVsVaVo

VS

http://www.guildhead...R9wGx9MGVsVacVo

#8 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

For farming: http://www.guildhead...ohmGx9MGVszVaVo

Probably your best bet, straight damage glass cannon with no team support what so ever, hit like a freight train. Problem is you'll die pretty quickly if you get overwhelmed, so be careful with how many mobs you pull. If you ever find yourself in need of kiting a large boss or w/e simply switch the GS trait in Arms for the Rifle trait.

This is the best you're going to get. (You can swap out Sig of Stam for Dolyak Sig, its personal preference)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users