Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostJalliel, on 29 November 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Great thread :D

Thanks man, its a work in progress.  After starting this, a LOT of people wanting to build on this initiative sent me messages on things to add or change.  No longer just my work here, but a collaborative piece by no less than 30 people!

#62 pot

pot

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

If I am getting frustrated in a certain BL I get a 5man group together and go to the big zergs borderland (which is usually completely uncontested and not well defended) and start taking supply camps. Its usually a good way to relieve some stress and find some smaller scale fights. The most fun is when its 5 of you versus like 10 or more of them and you end up winning. Then the ultimate satisfaction for me when is when they have to gather up like 20 people to come wipe 5 of you out.

#63 cetz

cetz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NnK]

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

View Postcoronbale, on 29 November 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

Ive recently been working with a few.  I would recommend you approach a larger guild that you respect, and work within their strats.  With a team like this, you can take 2-3 times your number, cause a distraction at a keep, ninja a tower, or completely shut down Yak production from half the map.  You can also coordinate hits by using their sieges as distraction, then win or lose at their siege, you took a tower without the enemy knowing.

Any WvW guild worth its name would be honored to work with a team with that kind of resume.

I agree, but i want to fight small groups, i think that's what i am most missing in gw2.
And it is all about the players not the game, well i wish that the maps were bigger and kill's spams,
but where are all the good players that doesn't need a full zerg to save them.

View Postpot, on 30 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

If I am getting frustrated in a certain BL I get a 5man group together and go to the big zergs borderland (which is usually completely uncontested and not well defended) and start taking supply camps. Its usually a good way to relieve some stress and find some smaller scale fights. The most fun is when its 5 of you versus like 10 or more of them and you end up winning. Then the ultimate satisfaction for me when is when they have to gather up like 20 people to come wipe 5 of you out.

I completely agree.

#64 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

View Postpot, on 30 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

That is what WvW is all about!  Im betting after 5 of you wipe 10 of them, you dont put an * on the win saying "all well and good, but we suck cause we are down in score...".  Well put!

#65 elmprotector

elmprotector

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostImpmon, on 10 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

You forgot what the majority use to have fun.

1.  Look at scores for all servers
2.  Find one that is facerolling the others
3.  Switch to that server once they're able
4.  Proceed to have fun whilst swarming around with all the other lemmings

And this is half the problem right now.  I started on JQ on Beta and Early release because it was picked as the server for all the old DAOC people to play on.  And even thou it was massive pop till we were not #1 for a week.  Then half the pop left to bandwagon.  Great for me I can go to any wvw zone with no Q all day.  And with a never full wvw we still stay in the top 3.  

Not my doing.  I am a more casual player.  There are a ton of hardcore wvw people who fight and lead a great WvW fight.  And that is what matters for me.  I dont want to win #1 spot.. and then have a Q because of bandwagoners.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wvw guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users